LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Friday, February 11, 2011HONOLULU -- The Hawaii House of Representatives on Friday voted to approve civil unions for same-sex couples, moving the proposal back to the state Senate for final consideration.
- Friday, February 11, 2011CASTLE ROCK, Colo. -- A 13-year veteran of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office resigned this week amid allegations that he posted "racial and homophobic" comments on local news websites, using his county computer while on duty.
- Thursday, February 10, 2011A leading LGBT activist group has condemned a new iPhone App, designed to guide Catholics through confession. Among one of many offensive questions asked on “Confession: A Roman Catholic App" is, “Have I been guilty of…
- Thursday, February 10, 2011MANCHESTER, N.H. -- While Republican legislators are stepping up efforts to repeal New Hampshire's marriage equality law, a new poll suggests that the majority of voters are not necessarily on their side.
- Wednesday, February 9, 2011Freedom to Marry is set to launch the groundbreaking “Why Marriage Matters” campaign -- the first-ever national public education campaign aimed at increasing nationwide support for marriage equality.
- Wednesday, February 9, 2011HONOLULU -- Hawaii moved another step closer to granting civil unions for same-sex couples. A bill was approved in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday evening by a vote of 11-2, and now moves to the…
- Tuesday, February 8, 2011CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Mitchell Reich, a second year at Harvard Law School, has been elected the first openly gay president of the Harvard Law Review, a journal of legal scholarship published by an independent student group…
- Monday, February 7, 2011A groundbreaking new study reveals that transgender people suffer widespread discrimination in a variety of fields, including education, employment, housing, health care, and more.
- Monday, February 7, 2011More than 100 people have been arrested for attending a "depraved and decadent" party during an alleged gay wedding event in Bahrain, a small island country located near the western shores of the Persian Gulf.