LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Saturday, March 26, 2011The Maryland House of Delegates on Saturday approved the Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Act, legislation that would prohibit discrimination in employment, housing and credit for Transgender Marylanders.
- Friday, March 25, 2011The Colorado State Senate on Thursday passed the second of two required votes on a bill legalizing civil unions for same-sex couples couples. The bill now moves to the House where its fate is less certain.
- Thursday, March 24, 2011The Westboro Baptist Church, home of anti-gay extremists and the “Gods Hate Fags” fundamentalist movement, announced plans to protest at the funeral of Elizabeth Taylor, who died early Wednesday.
- Thursday, March 24, 2011Elizabeth Taylor lent her voice to the voiceless, her iconic image to those who had previously been invisible, and her compassion and determination to a cause many others had shunned: the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2011Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor, died today from congestive heart failure at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. She was surrounded by her four children.
- Sunday, March 20, 2011A new public opinion poll reveals there are twice as many likely voters in Delaware who support same-sex civil unions as there are voters who oppose civil unions.
- Saturday, March 19, 2011The Ugandan Parliament will reconvene next week and is expected to consider the anti-homosexuality legislation often referred to as the "Kill the Gays" bill.
- Saturday, March 19, 2011A bill that would prohibit local municipalities from enacting ordinances that include sexual orientation as a protected class from discrimination, passed its first hurdle in the Montana Senate on Friday.
- Saturday, March 19, 2011The American Foundation for Equal Rights (AFER) and its legal team filed a reply brief on Thursday, supporting a motion in the Ninth Circuit asking that the Court immediately lift an order preventing gay and lesbian…