LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Tuesday, March 1, 2011California's attorney general on Tuesday urged a federal appeals court to lift a stay and permit same-sex unions to resume while it considers whether to overturn the state's ban on gay marriage.
- Monday, February 28, 2011A Texas school district has banned all non-academic clubs from meeting on campus to ensure it's complying with federal law after refusing to allow a student to start a gay-straight alliance.
- Monday, February 28, 2011A conservative, anti-gay pastor who has staged protests against New Orleans' Southern Decadence Festival, calling the predominantly gay event "perversion," has been arrested for allegedly masturbating in a park adjacent to a children's playground.
- Monday, February 28, 2011A House committee could vote as early as Tuesday on a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in Maryland. The bill needs the support of 22 delegates to pass the committee -- sponsors of the bill hold…
- Monday, February 28, 2011PHILADELPHIA -- Chestnut Hill College, a Catholic institution, has fired a part-time professor after learning the cleric was gay. The college said that the Reverend's conduct was "contrary to the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church."
- Sunday, February 27, 2011Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) has announced plans to introduce a bill in the U.S. Congress that would repeal the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), the law that defines marriage as a legal union between one…
- Sunday, February 27, 2011Marriage equality has been an intensely debated social issue in Iowa ever since the state Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage in 2009, but a new poll suggests many Iowans are either conflicted or just aren't interested…
- Sunday, February 27, 2011KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Two Republican lawmakers have introduced bills in the Tennessee state legislature that would prohibit use of the words "gay" and "homosexual" in elementary schools, and ban discussion of all LGBT topics whatsoever.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- The Maryland state Senate on Thursday evening approved a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage. The Civil Marriage Protection Act, SB 116, was passed by a vote of 25-21.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011HONOLULU -- Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie signed same-sex civil unions into law Wednesday, granting same-sex and heterosexual couples the same rights, benefits and responsibilities as marriage under state law.