LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Monday, April 11, 2011The Maryland state Senate on Monday voted to send the Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Act back to the Judicial Proceedings Committee during the bill's second reading, effectively killing the bill in this year's legislative session.
- Monday, April 11, 2011A new poll indicates support for marriage equality in New York has reached 58 percent, the highest in the state’s history.
- Monday, April 11, 2011A candidate for city council in Miami Shores, Fla., this weekend discovered several campaign yard signs had been defaced with anti-gay epithets.
- Sunday, April 10, 2011A Cleveland city councilman has introduced legislation that would extend healthcare benefits to domestic partners of city employees.
- Sunday, April 10, 2011Iowa's social conservative groups are working to overturn the state's marriage equality law, and that includes former gubernatorial candidate Bob Vander Plaats, head of the Iowa Family Leader, who has called homosexuality "a public health risk."
- Sunday, April 10, 2011British health officials said Sunday that gay men will soon be allowed to donate blood for the first time, provided they are not sexually active.
- Saturday, April 9, 2011The U.S. Navy has halted discharge proceedings against a naval officer who was found asleep in his bed next to a male colleague, according to Servicemembers United, a gay and lesbian service members’ advocacy group.
- Saturday, April 9, 2011Maryland's Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Act was approved by the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee on Saturday by a vote of 7-4.
- Saturday, April 9, 2011A bill aimed at establishing a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage was introduced in the North Carolina House of Representatives this week.
- Friday, April 8, 2011A San Diego court ruled Thursday that the grass-roots activist group Canvass for a Cause (CFAC) can continue its canvassing outside Target stores.