LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Saturday, April 16, 2011A former employee of the Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. at the Rainbow PUSH Coalition has filed a wrongful termination and discrimination complaint against the civil rights leader, alleging he was harassed and eventually fired because…
- Saturday, April 16, 2011California moved another step closer to requiring the teaching of LGBT history in public schools, after legislation was approved in the full state Senate this week.
- Friday, April 15, 2011At a Congressional hearing on “Defending Marriage” on Friday, LGBT activist group GetEQUAL caught up with Maggie Gallagher, the anti-gay marriage board chairman of the National Organization for Marriage, and presented her with the “First Annual…
- Friday, April 15, 2011Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has advised the State Board of Social Services it does not have the authority to change regulations that would permit gay couples to adopt.
- Thursday, April 14, 2011The Illinois Senate has voted down a controversial measure that would have allowed religious and faith-based groups deny same-sex couples from adopting or fostering children.
- Thursday, April 14, 2011Delaware's House of Representatives on Thursday evening passed a same-sex civil unions bill by a vote of 26-15. The bill was previously approved in the state Senate just one week ago.
- Thursday, April 14, 2011Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant issued an apology on Wednesday after being fined $100,000 by the National Basketball Association for calling a referee a gay slur. But not everyone thinks Bryant's apology is enough, and…
- Tuesday, April 12, 2011The Hawaii state Senate on Tuesday voted to extend employment protections to transgender people.
- Monday, April 11, 2011The Maryland state Senate on Monday voted to send the Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Act back to the Judicial Proceedings Committee during the bill's second reading, effectively killing the bill in this year's legislative session.
- Monday, April 11, 2011A new poll indicates support for marriage equality in New York has reached 58 percent, the highest in the state’s history.