LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Friday, March 18, 2011A Montana legislative committee on Friday killed a bill that would have decriminalized homosexual sex -- keeping a law on the books that was ruled unconstitutional by the state Supreme Court in 1997, and the U.S.…
- Friday, March 18, 2011Chris Colfer and Darren Criss locked lips earlier this week, when FOX's hit series "Glee" consummated the long-running crush between Kurt and Blaine, but not everyone found the episode quite that romantic.
- Friday, March 18, 2011Police in suburban Philadelphia have arrested a man and charged him with murder in the brutal beating of an elderly man. The suspect said he killed his victim using a sock stuffed with rocks because…
- Thursday, March 17, 2011Five New York area teens have been arrested in the fatal beating of Anthony Collao at a party hosted by two gay men last weekend. Collao, 18, was beaten to death by the teens who yelled…
- Thursday, March 17, 2011In a surprise vote, the Ogden City Council this week voted unanimously to overturn the mayor's veto and pass a non-discrimination ordinance that includes sexual orientation.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011A Canadian florist has refused to provide wedding flowers to a same-sex couple, according to the event's planner, a violation of the New Brunswick Human Rights Act.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011Choir members at the Southern California megachurch, the Crystal Cathedral, are upset by a covenant they have been asked to sign that places a strong emphasis on them being heterosexual and Christian.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011The House Financial Services Committee this week voted to approve a bill aimed at discouraging U.S. aid to countries that persecute their citizens because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2011Congressional Democrats on Wednesday went on the offensive, introducing bills in both the House and Senate aimed at repealing the "Defense of Marriage Act."
- Tuesday, March 15, 2011A majority of American voters oppose the Defense of Marriage Act, as well as efforts by the House Republican leadership to intervene in court cases defending the law, according to new polling released Tuesday.