LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Tuesday, March 29, 2011The Indiana state Senate on Tuesday approved a proposed constitutional amendment that would ban both gay marriage as well as civil unions.
- Tuesday, March 29, 2011Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) is expected to reintroduce the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) this week, as early as Wednesday, but said he was not optimistic about the bill's passage in the near term.
- Monday, March 28, 2011New York City police are searching for two men responsible for a hate crime attack on a gay man in the city's West Village over the weekend.
- Sunday, March 27, 2011A west-central Illinois county sheriff has come under fire after making a derogatory post on Facebook, in which he referred to a co-worker as a "little fag jew boy."
- Sunday, March 27, 2011Fred Karger, a retired political consultant and former adviser to three Republican presidents, has announced his candidacy for the GOP nomination for President of the United States. He will be the first openly gay Republican…
- Sunday, March 27, 2011Two Denver police officers were dismissed on Friday for their involvement in a controversial beating a gay man almost two years ago that was captured on police surveillance video.
- Sunday, March 27, 2011A bill in the Montana state legislature that would overturn a Missoula city ordinance that protects gay people from discrimination, was pulled from the Senate floor last week because it lacked support from GOP leadership.
- Saturday, March 26, 2011The Maryland House of Delegates on Saturday approved the Gender Identity Anti-Discrimination Act, legislation that would prohibit discrimination in employment, housing and credit for Transgender Marylanders.
- Friday, March 25, 2011The Colorado State Senate on Thursday passed the second of two required votes on a bill legalizing civil unions for same-sex couples couples. The bill now moves to the House where its fate is less certain.