LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Thursday, April 21, 2011Students at the University of Michigan Law school have expressed outrage over the selection of Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) to deliver the commencement address, saying his "openly hostile" position on gay rights makes him an inappropriate…
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011Gay-rights advocates in New York state announced Wednesday the formation of a new coalition to revive efforts towards legalizing same-sex marriage in the Empire state.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011The American Bar Association has launched “The Kids are Listening,” a national social media campaign that features a new anti-bullying video, a new website, and a call to action for lawyers, judges and community members aimed…
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011The Virginia State Board of Social Services voted Wednesday to reject new adoption rules that would have allowed same-sex couples to adopt in the state for the first time.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011The roommate of the Rutgers University freshman who committed suicide last year after an intimate encounter with another man was broadcast online, received a 15-count indictment on Wednesday for his alleged actions that led to the…
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011The Nevada state Assembly has approved a bill that would protect transgender people from workplace discrimination. The bill, approved by a vote of 29-13, now goes to the Senate for consideration.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2011A Texas man -- distraught over his daughter's lesbian relationship -- was arrested Tuesday for killing his daughter's girlfriend and the girlfriend's mother.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2011Commissioners in Orange County, Fla., voted unanimously on Tuesday to extend health and other workplace benefits to the partners and children of gay county employees.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2011A majority of Americans now believe that same-sex marriages should be legal, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research national poll released Tuesday.
- Tuesday, April 19, 2011The Hawaii state House of Representatives on Monday approved legislation that would prohibit workplace discrimination against transgender people.