LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Saturday, April 23, 2011A transgender woman who was brutally beaten at a Baltimore area McDonald's spoke out on Saturday, and said the attack was "definitely a hate crime" and that she's been afraid to go out in public ever…
- Saturday, April 23, 2011McDonald's has fired the employee who recorded the violent beating of a customer at a Baltimore County restaurant earlier this week.
- Saturday, April 23, 2011The Log Cabin Republicans of New York State have joined a coalition of LGBT advocacy groups that have united efforts to pass marriage legislation in New York state during the 2011 legislative session.
- Saturday, April 23, 2011The New York state Department of Corrections has changed its policies to allow conjugal visits for gay inmates who have entered into a same-sex marriage or a civil union. The policy previously applied only to those…
- Friday, April 22, 2011Police in Baltimore are investigating a brutal attack at a McDonald's restaurant on a person reported to be a transgender woman.
- Friday, April 22, 2011LGBT advocacy groups are calling for the shooting deaths in of a lesbian and her mother Austin, Texas, earlier this week, to be prosecuted as a hate crime.
- Friday, April 22, 2011Five Iowa GOP lawmakers filed resolutions in the state House on Thursday seeking to impeach the remaining four Iowa Supreme Court justices who issued an April 2009 ruling legalizing same-sex marriage, but their efforts were squashed…
- Friday, April 22, 2011TIME magazine on Thursday revealed the TIME 100, the magazine’s eighth annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world. Featured in this year’s list is out actor and singer Chris Colfer.
- Friday, April 22, 2011An attack on a gay teen in South Carolina has prompted a state lawmaker to call for legislators to once again consider a hate crime bill.
- Thursday, April 21, 2011A District Court Judge in Montana has ruled to dismiss a case brought by gay couples who were seeking the same legal protections as married couples.