LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Monday, April 18, 2011The removal by Facebook of a photo of two men kissing because it reportedly violated the social network’s standards against "graphic or sexually suggestive content," has now been called an "error."
- Monday, April 18, 2011House Republicans on Monday appointed a private attorney to defend the Defense of Marriage Act in federal court, and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) vowed to take funds from the Justice Department budget to pay for it.
- Monday, April 18, 2011Lesbian, gay and bisexual teens are fives times more likely than their heterosexual peers to attempt suicide, according to a new study that evaluates the impact of teens' social environments.
- Sunday, April 17, 2011Several hundred demonstrators gathered outside the locked doors of a London pub Friday evening to to attended a 'kiss-in' protest after a gay couple claimed they were thrown out for kissing.
- Sunday, April 17, 2011"The Bully Project" is the first feature documentary film to explore “a year in the life” of bullying. The film captures the distress of bullying victims, the frustration of their parents, and in some cases, the…
- Sunday, April 17, 2011Authorities in Rock Hill, S.C., are are looking for suspects who assaulted a gay teen outside a Rock Hill convenience store last weekend in what the victim describes as a hate crime.
- Sunday, April 17, 2011A jury in Indiana has convicted Michael Griffin, an ex-Marine, for the murder of 53-year-old Don Belton, an openly gay professor at Indiana University.
- Sunday, April 17, 2011Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.), one of only four openly gay lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives, gives a candid interview with Playboy magazine.
- Sunday, April 17, 2011The Verizon 'test guy' who rose to fame with the catchphrase 'Can you hear me now?' is speaking publicly for the first time, and now that his contract is ending, he is discussing the pain he…
- Saturday, April 16, 2011Pop-star Ricky Martin has been publicly criticized by religious leaders in his native Puerto Rico for setting a bad example for his children by openly discussing his homosexuality.