LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011A Wisconsin judge on Monday sentenced a 71-year-old former bus driver to seven years in prison on charges of sexually assaulting boys, telling him, "I think you were born gayer than a sweet-smelling jock strap.”
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011Five years after amending the state constitution to ban same-sex, Virginians are now closely divided over whether gay unions should be legal, according to a new Washington Post poll.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011New York Rangers forward Sean Avery, who recorded a video in support of marriage equality, was criticized Monday by a Canadian sports management executive, who took to Twitter with a series of posts knocking gay marriage.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011An estimated 1,000 gay-rights advocates rallied at the New York state capitol in Albany on Monday, hoping to convince the Republican-controlled Senate to legalize same-sex marriage this year.
- Tuesday, May 10, 2011A new documentary premiering Tuesday chronicles a year in the life of Chaz Bono, and his physical transition from female to male.
- Monday, May 9, 2011More than 100 University of Michigan Law School graduates on Saturday staged a walk out during Ohio Sen. Rob Portman's commencement speech in protest of his anti-LGBT voting record.
- Monday, May 9, 2011A Ugandan parliament committee on Monday held a second day of hearings on an anti-homosexuality bill that attracted worldwide condemnation for its harsh penalties, which include a death penalty provision.
- Sunday, May 8, 2011Iris Blumenthal, a mother from Syosset, Long Island, has a touching and simple wish for her son this Mother's Day.
- Sunday, May 8, 2011Zach Wahls wishes his moms, and all moms, a very Happy Mother's Day.
- Sunday, May 8, 2011New Yorker’s Family Research Foundation kicked-off their "Mayday For Marriage Tour” in Elmira, N.Y. on Saturday, the first of many stops in a statewide bus tour to preach that marriage should only be between a man…