LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A New York man charged in the slaying of an Elmira, N.Y. gay man, told police he shot the man when -- after having consensual sex with him -- the victim put one hand on his…
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The Tennessee state Senate on Thursday approved a bill that would prohibit local governments from creating anti-discrimination laws that are stricter than protections laid out by the state government.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A proposed compromise to legalize same-sex civil unions in Rhode Island, was met with scorn by gay marriage supporters and opponents at a state House committee hearing on Wednesday evening.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The National Organization for Marriage has pledged to spend $1.5 million in advertising and lobbying efforts to defeat a marriage equality bill in New York, and pro-LGBT candidates in the 2012 legislative elections.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A gay firefighter in White Plains, N.Y. is suing the city and the fire department, alleging he has been harassed, discriminated against and forced to endure a hostile work environment because of his sexual orientation.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The Tennessee state Senate adjourned Wednesday without voting on the "Don't Say Gay" bill, and now the bill's author, Sen. Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has put off Thursday's planned vote and rescheduled it for next week.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011Larry King, the legendary television and radio personality, and former host of CNN’s “Larry King Live,” supports marriage equality.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011Gov. Jack Markell on Wednesday evening signed the same-sex civil union bill into law, making Delaware the eighth state to allow civil unions or domestic partnerships for same-sex couples.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011The Minnesota state Senate on Wednesday voted to approve a proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage, advancing the measure another step closer to appearing on the 2012 ballot.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011Amid global criticism of Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill -- dubbed the "Kill the Gays' bill -- proponents have removed a controversial death penalty clause, however the proposed legislation likely still includes the criminalization of all homosexual acts.