LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Sunday, May 1, 2011Tennessee State Rep. Bill Dunn said it’s too late in the year for the controversial “Don’t Say Gay” bill to be approved in the state House, and that he will not pursue passage this year…
- Sunday, May 1, 2011Roger McDowell, the Atlanta Braves pitching coach who hurled homophobic remarks and threats at fans at a San Francisco ball game last weekend, was suspended Sunday for two weeks without pay, announced Major League Baseball.
- Sunday, May 1, 2011Our newspapers and magazines love making lists and ranking famous people. We see it every day: from Cosmo to USA Today, lists are it.
- Saturday, April 30, 2011The Atlanta Braves on Friday placed pitching coach Roger McDowell on administrative leave while they investigate allegations that he made homophobic remarks, obscene gestures and threatened fans at baseball game in San Francisco last weekend.
- Saturday, April 30, 2011MSNBC's Thomas Roberts speaks with Josh Vandiver and Henry Velandia, a binational same-sex couple married last year in Connecticut, where gay marriage is legal. As a result of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), Velandia is…
- Saturday, April 30, 2011After working to defeat a marriage equality bill, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence has also urged Rhode Island lawmakers to reject the compromise of a civil unions bill.
- Friday, April 29, 2011The Associated Press reports on how Marines are preparing for the implementation for allowing gays and lesbians to openly serve in the U.S. military, ending the ban commonly known as "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
- Friday, April 29, 2011A Minnesota state Senate panel on Friday advanced a bill that would seek voter approval to amend the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage.
- Friday, April 29, 2011Officials in South Carolina have charged five men with the attack on a gay teen who was assaulted outside a convenience store in Rock Hill on April 9.
- Friday, April 29, 2011Tennessee lawmaker Sen. Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville), sponsor of the “don’t say gay” bill that would prohibit teachers from discussing homosexuality in kindergarten through 8th grade classrooms, said Thursday that homosexuality is a learned behavior.