LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A proposed compromise to legalize same-sex civil unions in Rhode Island, was met with scorn by gay marriage supporters and opponents at a state House committee hearing on Wednesday evening.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The National Organization for Marriage has pledged to spend $1.5 million in advertising and lobbying efforts to defeat a marriage equality bill in New York, and pro-LGBT candidates in the 2012 legislative elections.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A gay firefighter in White Plains, N.Y. is suing the city and the fire department, alleging he has been harassed, discriminated against and forced to endure a hostile work environment because of his sexual orientation.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The Tennessee state Senate adjourned Wednesday without voting on the "Don't Say Gay" bill, and now the bill's author, Sen. Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has put off Thursday's planned vote and rescheduled it for next week.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011Larry King, the legendary television and radio personality, and former host of CNN’s “Larry King Live,” supports marriage equality.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011Gov. Jack Markell on Wednesday evening signed the same-sex civil union bill into law, making Delaware the eighth state to allow civil unions or domestic partnerships for same-sex couples.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011The Minnesota state Senate on Wednesday voted to approve a proposed constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage, advancing the measure another step closer to appearing on the 2012 ballot.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011Amid global criticism of Uganda's Anti-Homosexuality Bill -- dubbed the "Kill the Gays' bill -- proponents have removed a controversial death penalty clause, however the proposed legislation likely still includes the criminalization of all homosexual acts.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011Uganda's infamous anti-homosexuality bill, which earlier this week was thought likely to be voted upon on Wednesday, now appears to have been dropped from the agenda of the current session of the Ugandan Parliament.
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011A decorated Air Force Reserve flight nurse, who successfully challenged her dismissal under the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, said on Tuesday she will retire rather than return to duty.