LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Friday, May 13, 2011Just days after the Minnesota state Senate approved a ballot initiative seeking to define marriage as between "one man and one woman." a new poll reveals that a majority of Minnesotans oppose amending the state Constitution…
- Friday, May 13, 2011The future of Uganda's infamous Anti-Homosexuality Bill -- dubbed the "Kill the Gays" bill -- remains in limbo after parliament adjourned Friday without debating or voting on the controversial bill.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011Caroline Kennedy on Thursday became the 100,000th signer on Freedom to Marry's Open Letter urging President Obama to support the freedom to marry for gay and lesbian couples.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A New York man charged in the slaying of an Elmira, N.Y. gay man, told police he shot the man when -- after having consensual sex with him -- the victim put one hand on his…
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The Tennessee state Senate on Thursday approved a bill that would prohibit local governments from creating anti-discrimination laws that are stricter than protections laid out by the state government.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A proposed compromise to legalize same-sex civil unions in Rhode Island, was met with scorn by gay marriage supporters and opponents at a state House committee hearing on Wednesday evening.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The National Organization for Marriage has pledged to spend $1.5 million in advertising and lobbying efforts to defeat a marriage equality bill in New York, and pro-LGBT candidates in the 2012 legislative elections.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011A gay firefighter in White Plains, N.Y. is suing the city and the fire department, alleging he has been harassed, discriminated against and forced to endure a hostile work environment because of his sexual orientation.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011The Tennessee state Senate adjourned Wednesday without voting on the "Don't Say Gay" bill, and now the bill's author, Sen. Stacey Campfield (R-Knoxville) has put off Thursday's planned vote and rescheduled it for next week.
- Thursday, May 12, 2011Larry King, the legendary television and radio personality, and former host of CNN’s “Larry King Live,” supports marriage equality.