LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Friday, June 3, 2011The Portuguese model who admitted to the brutal murder of celebrity journalist Carlos Castro in a New York hotel earlier this year, will likely seek an insanity defense.
- Thursday, June 2, 2011Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval on Wednesday signed into law two bills that extend discrimination protections for transgender people.
- Thursday, June 2, 2011An Air Force spokesman on Thursday confirmed that the Secretary of the Air Force approved a discharge under the military's ''Don't Ask, Don't Tell'' policy on April 29, this first such discharge since the Pentagon on…
- Thursday, June 2, 2011The California state Assembly on Wednesday approved a new anti-bullying law designed to reduce bullying of LGBT teens. The bill is named for Seth Walsh, a 13-year-old gay teen who committed suicide last year after enduring…
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011One of Australia’s biggest outdoor advertising companies reversed its decision to ban billboards promoting safe homosexual sex, just one day after ordering their removal from Brisbane-area bus shelters.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011The World Series champion San Francisco Giants on Wednesday became the first major league sports team to join the "It Gets Better" project, in hopes of inspiring LGBT youth struggling with adversity and intolerance.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011The White House has unveiled a new web page aimed at the Obama Administration's LGBT constituency.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011A ballot initiative that seeks voter approval to amend the Minnesota state constitution to ban same-sex marriage was approved in the state legislature in May. This new video aims to educate voters and gain support in…
- Wednesday, June 1, 2011Illinois became the 12th U.S. state to grant legal recognition to same-sex couples as a new civil unions law took effect on Wednesday.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2011The Human Rights Campaign has released a public service announcement aimed at bringing awareness to bullying, through the experiences of bullied kids.