LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Amina Araf, an American-Syrian lesbian and author of the blog "A Gay Girl in Damascus," has reportedly been kidnapped by armed men in Damascus.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Missouri GOP congresswoman Vicky Hartzler last week told a conference of college students that if same-sex marriages were allowed, it would lead to pedophiles and polygamists being allowed to marry.
- Monday, June 6, 2011A new study suggests that gay, lesbian and bisexual high school students are more likely than their heterosexual peers to engage in risky behaviors such as smoking, drinking alcohol and carrying guns.
- Monday, June 6, 2011New Yorkers United for Marriage continues its statewide TV campaign in support of marriage equality. In this new television commercial, Iris and Paul Blumenthal talk about wanting to see their son, and his partner of 11…
- Monday, June 6, 2011Secretary of Defense Robert Gates on Sunday told a group of Marines that they do not have the option of leaving the service just because they disagree with the upcoming repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
- Monday, June 6, 2011An openly gay Wisconsin state lawmaker has confirmed he is "seriously considering" a run for the U.S. House of Representatives if Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisc.) vacates her seat in a bid for the U.S. Senate.…
- Monday, June 6, 2011More than 3,000 people have signed an online petition urging the Space Needle to reconsider it’s decision not to fly the rainbow pride flag during this year’s Seattle LGBT pride.
- Sunday, June 5, 2011The Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox have announced that they will each produce an online video for the “It Gets Better Project,” an anti-bullying project aimed at helping LGBT youth struggling with adversity and…
- Sunday, June 5, 2011The Westboro Baptist bigots brought their special brand of hate to game three of the NBA Finals on Sunday to protest the league's policy against gay slurs.
- Sunday, June 5, 2011Tens of thousands lined the streets in downtown Salt Lake City this weekend to celebrate Utah’s biggest-ever gay pride festival.