LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Monday, May 30, 2011A lesbian couple in Tennessee whose home was burned to the ground last September, is now the target of a federal lawsuit by their insurance company, who claim the couple themselves caused the fire.
- Monday, May 30, 2011A man and woman have been charged with assault and commission of a hate crime in the May 21 attack on a gay couple following a dispute over a parking spot in downtown Palm Springs.
- Monday, May 30, 2011Phoenix Suns' point guard Steve Nash -- who recently voiced his support for marriage equality -- said he thinks thinks the NBA is ready for an openly gay player.
- Sunday, May 29, 2011A Georgia state Representative becomes the state's third openly gay lawmaker after he came out on Friday amid allegations of sexual misconduct.
- Sunday, May 29, 2011The U.S. Department of State on Sunday issued a statement in response to the arrest of 34 people during a unauthorized gay pride cebration in the center of the Russian capital.
- Friday, May 27, 2011The Prince William County school district in Northern Virgina, has removed an internet filter that blocked school computers from accessing websites that provided information on LGBT issues. The action comes following a warning by the American…
- Friday, May 27, 2011The Gallup organization on Friday released more findings from its annual Values and Beliefs poll, conducted May 5-8, and reported that U.S. adults, on average, estimate that 25% of Americans are gay or lesbian.
- Friday, May 27, 2011The Rockford, Ill., Catholic Diocese announced Thursday that it would discontinue adoption and foster care programs rather than be forced to serve same-sex or unmarried opposite-sex couples under the state's new civil unions law.
- Friday, May 27, 2011The Texas legislature on Thursday gave final approval on a bill designed to crack down on bullying and require schools to have improved bullying-prevention policies.
- Thursday, May 26, 2011The Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s LGBT civil rights organization, on Thursday announced its endorsement of President Barack Obama for re-election.