LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Sunday, June 19, 2011The City of Hazard, Ky., has suspended an employee for ejecting two gay men from a public recreational facility citing the Bible as his reason for doing so.
- Saturday, June 18, 2011Jarrett Barrios, the president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) has resigned under increasing scrutiny of GLAAD's recent endorsement of AT&T's merger with T-Mobile, and conflicting statements related to net neutrality rules.
- Saturday, June 18, 2011Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan on Friday visited homeless LGBT teens in New York in an effort to apologize and make amends for a recent anti-gay tirade in which he suggested he would "pull out a…
- Saturday, June 18, 2011A gay rights activist on Saturday threw glitter at Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) as she left the stage at the RightOnline conference in Minneapolis, the third such incident on an anti-gay Republican presidential candidate in as…
- Friday, June 17, 2011New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Friday expressed optimism that legislation legalizing same-sex marriage would be approved before the end of the legislative session next week.
- Friday, June 17, 2011The Senate Armed Services Committee this week unanimously passed its version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), with none of the anti-gay amendments that were attached to the House version of the bill.
- Friday, June 17, 2011A grocery store employee at a Washington D.C.-area Safeway has been fired after directing an anti-gay slur at a same-sex couple last weekend.
- Friday, June 17, 2011A Washington D.C. government watchdog organization this week asked the Office of Congressional Ethics to investigate if House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) broke federal law when he hired a law firm to defend the Defense of…
- Friday, June 17, 2011The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday announced the creation of a first-ever resource center to support the resettlement of LGBT refugees.