LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011Ann Coulter, appearing on Piers Morgan’s show last night, insisted she would "not be answering private life questions," including the one about what would you do if your kid came out to you as gay.
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011The U.S. Department of Education on Monday kicked off the first-ever LGBT youth summit, a two-day event on "Creating and Maintaining Safe and Supportive Environments for LGBT Youth."
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and the three other openly gay members of Congress has asked President Barack Obama to veto the defense spending bill if it contains language that delays the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't…
- Wednesday, June 8, 2011In the 1970s, 5-year-old Kirk Murphy underwent therapy for his effeminate behavior -- his parents enrolled him in a federally-funded experimental program at UCLA. Decades later, at age 38, he took his own life.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Just hours after a gay correctional officer in Southern California announced he would take legal action for being prohibited from marching in uniform in a gay pride parade, the Department of Corrections reversed its decision, reported…
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011"Out in America," a one-hour documentary showcasing LGBT Americans in their everyday lives, premieres nationally on PBS tonight.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Critics of a new promotional video for Toronto Pride 2011 say that its focus on gay stereotypes "sets the movement back" by doing more harm than good.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Amina Araf, an American-Syrian lesbian and author of the blog "A Gay Girl in Damascus," has reportedly been kidnapped by armed men in Damascus.
- Tuesday, June 7, 2011Missouri GOP congresswoman Vicky Hartzler last week told a conference of college students that if same-sex marriages were allowed, it would lead to pedophiles and polygamists being allowed to marry.
- Monday, June 6, 2011A new study suggests that gay, lesbian and bisexual high school students are more likely than their heterosexual peers to engage in risky behaviors such as smoking, drinking alcohol and carrying guns.