LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Tuesday, June 21, 2011With the legislative clock ticking down to its final hours, Republicans in control of the State Senate still have not decided whether to allow a vote on same-sex marriage, The New York Times is reporting.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2011Linda Harvey, founder of Columbus, Ohio-based Mission America -- whose sole purpose is to denounce homosexuals -- has called the "It Gets Better Project" "wrong," "evil" and "dark," and it's creator Dan Savage "a radical and…
- Tuesday, June 21, 2011A judge in Wisconsin on Monday ruled that domestic partnerships are not substantially similar to marriages, and that such partnerships do not violate the state’s 2006 constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.
- Monday, June 20, 2011CBS on Monday released their official "It Gets Better" video, featuring CBS employees sharing their personal and poignant stories of adversity and coming out.
- Monday, June 20, 2011Police have arrested a local transient on suspicion of a hate crime for hanging a noose in the doorway of the offices of LGBT advocacy group Equality California last year.
- Monday, June 20, 2011The Chicago Cubs on Monday released their "It Gets Better" video, becoming the second professional sports team to participate in the campaign aimed at providing encouragement for LGBT youth struggling with adversity and intolerance.
- Monday, June 20, 2011A New York state Senate vote on whether to legalize same-sex marriage has been pushed back at least another day as the debate continues over religious exemptions, while hundreds of demonstrators on Monday rallied for and…
- Monday, June 20, 2011The clock is ticking on New York’s legislative session — scheduled to end today — and gay rights advocates are hoping Senate lawmakers will consider a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in the Empire state.
- Sunday, June 19, 2011Hong Kong has hired prominent local psychiatrist Hong Kwai-wah, who specializes in “treating unwanted homosexuality,” as a trainer for its social welfare staff.
- Sunday, June 19, 2011Parishioners of a Boston church on Sunday gathered on the sidewalk for a prayer service in protest of the Catholic Archdiocese of Boston's decision to cancel a gay pride Mass themed “All are Welcome."