Pennsylvania

Pa. church revokes gay man’s membership, denies him communion

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

YORK, Pa. — A Pennsylvania man says he’s been kick out of the church he has attended for years, and where he was baptized, because he is gay.

Ambassador's Bible Chapel

Ambassador’s Bible Chapel

Bobbie Pierce, 20, of Mount Wolf, Pa., said he is being denied membership and communion at Ambassador’s Bible Chapel in Newberry Township because of his sexual orientation, reports the York Daily Record.

Pastor David Slautterback said that he and other church elders removed Pierce from the church’s membership — and announced that fact to the congregation during the church service on Sunday — because Pierce has failed to have a change of mind concerning his sexuality.

Pierce said he hasn’t chosen to be gay, but Slautterback disagrees and said he thinks that Pierce can and should change.

“I do not believe that a homosexual person has to be homosexual any more than I believe that a person who is inclined to steal steals,” Slautterback said.

Slautterback said last week that he and the other elders want Pierce to repent for his sin of homosexuality and return to fellowship at the church.

Archives: , ,

Filed under: Pennsylvania, [ Trending ]

1. Surprise

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  2. God is your Peace.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  3. This from a church and not very “Christian” are they.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  4. Because love conquers all…..let me kick you the fuck out with my love

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  5. Keep on doing this. You’ll eventually become totally ostracized religious bigots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  6. he is better off thinking for himself…

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  7. He is better off without the Homo Stultus, knuckle dragging assholes!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:27am
  8. Pennsylvania sucks anyway. I know because I live there. e.e

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:28am
  9. Sadly, I'm in the same boat...

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  10. Hi5 for living in a shitty state? It's such a shame since it's a beautiful place populated by horrible people.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  11. What about the Amish ?

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:32am
  12. They're the worst. They parade around with their tax-free religion and yet I see them driving around in cars, using cell phones, etc. Not to mention their stupid buggies ruin the roads. They only do it to avoid anything they can. Otherwise they'd be okay.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:33am
  13. The Pick-n-Choose religion at it again.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:28am
  14. and i thought the bible taught acceptance and love… proves how wrong i was lol

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:28am
  15. They only want your money! Then they kick you out!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:28am
  16. wow, way to show God’s love, huh? NOT. BE VERY ASHAMED.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:29am
  17. Bull shit!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:29am
  18. Jesus would be so proud….not.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:29am
  19. How Christian of them. No seriously, Christianity and every other religion is all about hate.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  20. Buddhists and Wiccans would like a word with you...

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 9:20am
  21. Bhuddism is traditionally more of a philosophy than a real religion with supernatural overlords. I haven't studied wicca however.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:52pm
  22. Don’t the bushes in the picture look like tall men in black hooded cloaks??? Creeeepy!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  23. This is soooooo sad :((

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  24. Slautterback is mistaken. This happened to me. I will never set foot in that church again. (I attended a different church in a different state)

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  25. :(

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  26. I hate living in PA.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:30am
  27. Lol since when had a Christian ever been a good person?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  28. A lot of us are. We're overshadowed by all the jerks like this...

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:42am
  29. I'm not religious, but there a lot of good people of different faiths.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:54am
  30. sure, but Christians are Fascist who Shove it down your throat. Or they Slyly Pray for you!

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:15am
  31. Maybe he was stupid for not rejecting them first.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  32. Talk about needing to change. That ass needs to look at his house before he cast stones. How do these crazy people get a tax exempt status?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  33. So very Christian and very un-Christ-like.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  34. :-(

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  35. Christian Values,!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  36. I was asked to leave the catlick church where I was baptized, had my first communion, first confession, was confirmed, sang in the children’s and adult choir and was an alterboy because I was gay. Fuck you catlick church. your time on this Earth is limited……

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  37. Their name is Catlick, you already got the last laugh Michael. Be well.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:53am
  38. feel the "christian love"

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:19pm
  39. Very little CHRISTIAN LOVE out there.....some churches yes, but the majority are bigots and hate mongers.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39pm
  40. How Christian like

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  41. But molest young boys and they will pay you and protect you! Fts

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31am
  42. So Christian of them

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:32am
  43. Assholes

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:32am
  44. I am really beginning to get fed up with Xtians.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:32am
  45. News flash, you’re not the only church out there

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:32am
  46. Umm, not to be rude, but how is this news?? Churches do this all the time! Nothing new or surprising here.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:33am
  47. sinful

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:33am
  48. There are churches who accept gays and also preach Jesus. There are so many interpretations of the Bible, one can reach many different conclusions. But the main teaching to keep in mind is to Love one another. Jesus himself associated with prostitutes and other “sinners.” We should love each other and accept them where there are at in their lives. God will handle the rest.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:33am
  49. Their loss

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:34am
  50. Pisses me off. Gays need to bus in to this, church

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:34am
  51. Going to hell ! This is exactly why I don’t go to church!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:34am
  52. I don't believe in your Hell, it's created here in this world, that's why I don't go to church, Any!

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:18am
  53. i’m not surprised in the least…shitty behavior from the church. nothing new at all.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:34am
  54. a**wipes

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:35am
  55. Wondering why this surprises anyone?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:35am
  56. It doesn't. It's just horrible.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:51am
  57. Learned a long time ago not to judge G-d by what his "followers" say and do.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:52am
  58. I can’t for the life of me figure out why gay people choose to go to churches like this? Find an accepting one!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:35am
  59. Better he finds out how they are. He can find a welcoming church now

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:35am
  60. Or not.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:18am
  61. Well there are some welcoming churches few and far between and if he can't find one it's better he find out how the so called Christian community is

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:23am
  62. Shame on them!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  63. The man who lost his membership should a refund on his taxes. The church does not have to pay their fair share, so the man should get some back!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  64. As a Christian, this saddens me :(

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  65. It surprises me if what you say is true why are there so many stories like this and less about the church showing homosexuals love.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:05am
  66. Him, how clinical Nana.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:16am
  67. Boo! The whole meaning of God is missing from this church.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  68. Who wants to go to church anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  69. Some religious people do. Though I'm Christian, and I found church damaging.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:44am
  70. Lord…what is this world coming to???? This is outrageous…. who made all these church Priest, Pastors, Ministers etc..God!! Not God for sure…

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  71. Incredible ignorance!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  72. funny how their facebook page has disappeared

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:36am
  73. I am SO SICK of fundementalist CRAP. HOMOPHOBIA and RELIGIOUS BIGOTTRY are the choices in play here.
    Fundementalist churches should be closed down for formenting hate and intoloerance.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:37am
  74. Now where in p.a could this be? I use to live in a real shit hole called Wilkes-Barre.they judged people by what ever was the in thing for the day.Those same judgemental f

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:37am
  75. NOT a very CHRISTIAN Church! JESUS taught us to LOVE, and NOT to JUDGE or CONDEM, one another!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:38am
  76. good for him….

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:38am
  77. There are many Christian churches that truly welcome all ..This is sad

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  78. Or speak god on your terms, in private.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:20am
  79. This so called church is full HATE

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  80. Being denied a silly Iron Age superstition ritual. He should count his blessings.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  81. *rolls my eyes* there should be no condition of membership that Christ didn’t make a condition of salvation.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  82. He was kicked out by people, not by God. Most United Church of Christ congregations are welcoming (ucc.org) to LGBT people, and have been for years (http://www.ucc.org/lgbt/statements.html).

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  83. Probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:39am
  84. Go Pagan We take everyone, without Predjidous, and icedentally York, You PIGS! Your Are Not Christians, you are Hipocrites Fuck you and shame on you, Your, Scapegoat~ Devil. loves you all. xxoo’s

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:40am
  85. Pastor needs to Grow Up and Learn that Homosexuality it not a thing you say you want for the hell of it. Cannot believe the pastor is so stupid.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:40am
  86. Sadly, Kevin, you’re right. And this church knows nothing of Christian values…certainly not Christ’s law of love. This young man needs to find a CHRISTIAN church he can worship in and be loved. THere are many that you can try…MCC (Metropolitan Community Church) is one of them. God loves you as you are…he made you perfect in the way he wants you.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:41am
  87. Or not.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:20am
  88. HYPOchristians!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:41am
  89. lame.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:41am
  90. I’ve been accepted back into my church (I’m a gay FtM, who stopped going for fear of rejection), with the promise that I don’t bring up the topic. I’ll be protected from any hate because my pastor has said so. It’s a compromise. My church is a Baptist one.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:41am
  91. I bet God is really pissed.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:42am
  92. Why are these articles? To me, when you know a particular religions beliefs and their sanctions, why would you want to be a part of one that would treat you this way for who you are in the first place? We cannot force a religion to change their belief system as vile as it may be. A spiritual path, if you so choose to want one, is there for every human being.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:42am
  93. fuck all bible thumper assholes

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:42am
  94. They are a shame on Christianity.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:42am
  95. This is a pathetic church iam wiccan iam gay and a practiceing witch and I believe in all the gods/ goddess including god himself and this is not right this church is not a church revoke thier licence in ministry and burn that church down !! God preaches love and this church has non !!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:43am
  96. Religion as an entity, is a prison, any religion, Faith, and spirit free you.

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:19am
  97. Now where in P.A. can this be? I lived in a real s*I* hole calledWilkes-Barre Those people judged others when they didnt j have anything themselves. I love it now They read in National Geographic and I lived there. Stop majoring on the minors lets find cures for hiv and cancer

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:43am
  98. I’m sure that’s what Jesus would do.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:44am
  99. Welllllll aint they special. They are a special kind of stupid.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:44am
  100. stay strong and keep fight it.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:44am
  101. Stupid Bigots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:45am
  102. I quit trying to find a good church. They’re more about following a man speaking than following God, anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:47am
  103. What a sad little shack, full of sad little narrow minds with no connection whatsoever to G*d. Well shed of that lot, young man. Now move into the world of love.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:50am
  104. What the Hell ??? :-/

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:54am
  105. Sue the sons of bitches!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:55am
  106. They are tax exempt to serve the community, if conditions are being established, I find nothing wrong with their acts.. BUT! if church is no willing to provide crucial social services, the tax exemptions should indeed be revoke. This incident being “NEWS” is informative, but also “ACTION” is a need to prevent such discrimination in future by institutions that uses the BIBLE for their own gain.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:57am
  107. Religion sucks. It’s no wonder people are leaving the church in record numbers. I’m just glad I was never a part of it.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:59am
  108. He doesn’t need fictitious deities.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:59am
  109. Yep thats the NEW Christian way! What a disgusting belief!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:00am
  110. Been there had that happen to me

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:01am
  111. Obviously he knew of the homophobia and bigotry after years of attendance. The suddenly he got to feel the love as well.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:03am
  112. it wasn’t their communion to deny. communion belongs to God.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:05am
  113. Hahhaha you sounds Poisoned Angry Frustated Sour and no hope of Life…Get one…..and B………………………..H…………………

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:08am
  114. That’s a mess…smh

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:10am
  115. They give true Christians a bad name!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:11am
  116. Cause Jesus would do the same thing.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:11am
  117. this is WRONG…a Church should be open to anyone who wishes to worship reguardless of their sexuality!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:15am
  118. Bob Peirce, I have something to say to you. I am not gay. I am a Catholic who stepped out of my own Church on moral grounds one day after I completed the sacrament of Confirmation. When those whose job it is to teach what God’s grace is about see fit to obstruct the relationship we (each of us) have with our maker, it is clear to me it is not God they worship. Take heart. You are not alone. Honor your relationship with God by evicting the middle men. Bless you on your spiritual journey.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:15am
  119. Young dude, please don’t continue to subject yourself to this bullsh.t. I am so sorry that it has happened but there are lots of kindhearted Christians around who would welcome you. Try the Episcopalians or Unitarians or metropolitan community churches. You deserve better.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:15am
  120. There is no god!! Fuck them!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:15am
  121. So VERY ‘christian’ of them. Hatemongers

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:16am
  122. Christian Love!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:19am
  123. Shame!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:19am
  124. Do yourself a favor friend and tell them (your church) to go fuck themselves! They’re as full of shit as a Christmas turkey!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:20am
  125. How Godly of them.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:25am
  126. That’s not RIGHT

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:25am
  127. tsk tsk tsk..they’re giving Christianity a bad name..Christianity should NOT be about bigotry..it should be about LOVE..that is what Jesus commanded; LOVE ONE ANOTHER..He did not say exclude the gays,the poor,the blacks,the slaves,etc..we are all one!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:26am
  128. I’ve been through hell being gay.. I live in the bible belt .. I’ve been told I was going to burn in hell … be shot … told that if I change my ways I wuld never be accepted by sociey… I came out at 12 and tried to take my life because of this bs about god and christians.. I made it through hell .. but what about the kids whi take their lives because of all this bs about god? Do u cry? Do u feel? See I do .. I cry and I feel and I have heart and respect for others and nobody can touch me!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:26am
  129. I can only imagine Elohim is ashamed… This is not God’s work that they are doing.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:29am
  130. Pathetic. This church ought to be ashamed of pretending to be god people. Bigots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:30am
  131. So Christ like of them

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:33am
  132. pos cult..bulldoze the dump!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:41am
  133. God is watching

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:46am
  134. And by doing so it is no longer a church of God, but it’s grave.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:47am
  135. So sad

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:52am
  136. this is why i have absolutely nothing to do with religion! it is just a way to control others! i do my thing, i will not play follow the leader!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:55am
  137. I don’t “Like” this. I just want to say that nowhere in the Bible did I ever see Jesus turn anyone away like this. Consider Mary Magdalen. He loved the sinner but not the sin. Just saying….

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:56am
  138. Love the sinner, not the sin. By doing this they go against what Jesus taught. xD

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:58am
  139. As a trans i have to ask . And trust i have asked my LBGT fam this … do you feel you are a sinner because you are homosexual ?” Its usually a “yes “… Sorry I just can’t respect a theist freak in the community… why belittle urself like that

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:58am
  140. R U FKM! If their “god is love” is real, I’d like to be a fly on those pearly gates. Watch St. Peter open a can of whoop ass on these idiots. Hope they enjoy hell!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:00am
  141. jesus would be ashamed of this bigtory

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:00am
  142. Gee, I walked away from all that nonsense when I was fourteen on my own, but hey, consider is a late blessing. Now, read a science text book and get over it.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:01am
  143. Stop ,bullying,the meanness in Jesus name Amen

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:05am
  144. What would Jesus do?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:07am
  145. Not many of you in the gay community know the real Jesus
    Mathew 18
    15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d]

17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
    - Jesus

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:13am
  146. now that’s what I call truly Christian.. don’t welcome people.. kick them out.. what an amazing demonstration of love thy neighbor

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:13am
  147. It sure is heartwarming to see another congregation completely ignoring the words and teachings ov Christ.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:13am
  148. I am a LGBT supporter

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:14am
  149. Well you know what there’s a tonne of gay religious people eventually they’ll band together and make a church where everyone is welcome and then they’ll really have something to moan about lol

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:14am
  150. If I had a dollar for every time I hear something about bigotry, I could buy Apple.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:14am
  151. It’s time to choose another church. That is all.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:15am
  152. not really much of a church then is it?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:25am
  153. Surprised? NOT!!! Par for the course.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:25am
  154. Not all churches are like this. He should look for another. I apologize to anyone gay or straight who has been shunned instead of loved as God would love.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:30am
  155. Fuck them

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:32am
  156. Emma there are gay Christian churches. Metropolitan. Also look up gay Christian network. :) we do exist.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:32am
  157. It’s OK, honey, you don’t need them; as a fellow gay Christian, I can relate to your struggle to find a welcoming place of worship to call home. -Try the Episcopal Church. They welcome all, without judgment or bias. :) I Google Map’d York (cuz I’ve never been out there) and there are at least 2 Episcopal churches in York to check out: St. Andrew’s, and John the Baptist Episcopal. Good luck! <3

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:33am
  158. I was denied baptism at a church I went to.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:35am
  159. Jony, Those verses speak of sin. Not same love relationship. There is sin in straight or gay community. But it is not a sin to be gay. You should really study the context of the verses you use to bash or judge the Lgbt Community. You would find that of the seven reasons that Sodom and Gamorrah were destroyed not one of those reasons was homosexuality. The main one was not showing hospitality. Sounds like most churches.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:38am
  160. I’m sure this man is experiencing a lot of pain about this. But there are other churches, many of which specifically welcome LGBT people and don’t act in judgmental ways like this church did. In the long run he’s going to have a much better spiritual life if he joins a church where he’s actually welcome as an equal.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:40am
  161. I’m sure this will bring in the next generation.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:41am
  162. So much for god loving us all equally

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:53am
  163. Asshole churches like this who do not practice Christianity while claiming to are why church attendance is less than 40% in the USA now.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 6:58am
  164. Good, let’s deny them tax exempt status since they are becoming political.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:10am
  165. Yes Yes Yes!! Emma Vulpix Looshk would be great!! I’m lesbian & a firm believer in God & truely blessed!! So idc what they say that God doesn’t bless gay’s or what have you, living proof that there words are false!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:17am
  166. EVEN JESUS WAS REJECTED BY HIS OWN. HIS LIFE DIDN’T CONFORM TO THEIR RULES EITHER. I’D SAY YOU’RE IN GOOD COMPANY… MOVE ON WITH PRIDE AND FORGIVE THEM.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:24am
  167. People from that church are going straight to hell without having to connect through Dallas/Fort Worth ..

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:28am
  168. They sound like good Christians to me……

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:40am
  169. Its quite a shame they have that kind of discrimination. Still, why waste your time with a religion that obviously hates you? Find somewhere or something else that makes more sense.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:50am
  170. What a great christian attitude.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:52am
  171. Mars Hill requires a signed covenant to join which includes declaring one is not gay.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:54am
  172. Unfortunately we still have some very backwards people around York. However, There are a number of welcoming churches in York. Check out the UCC churches. You’re welcome at Hayshire UCC.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:58am
  173. People suck.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 8:13am
  174. oh so christian of them……..

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 9:01am
  175. Then go wicca .and screw what thay have to say

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 9:06am
  176. What a fuck head

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 9:31am
  177. Keeping people from finding a relationship with our God. Rediculous and shameful

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 9:40am
  178. I thought God taught love and acceptance. They are proving that religion is teaching hate instead.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:01am
  179. Religion = Hatred of anyone not like you! It has always meant that. Why would anyone want to belong to these hate cults? Be agnostic or better yet atheist.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:04am
  180. Where is their Love?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:18am
  181. That Happened to me when i went to Church back in 1983 when i was only still a Kid I was Ostracized The Pentecostal Church asked me to never come back and it was also because my Adopted father was in the Freemasons

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:22am
  182. He can find a better place to park his tractor anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:42am
  183. Meh. They have every right to kick him out of their church. He should go find s church that accepts him as it’s written that Jesus would, or else become am atheist and accept the truth.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:44am
  184. Ahhh you have to admire Christians they’re not happy unless they’re making someone feel less than them. They no longer love it’s about hatred and loathing and about making the ones around you feel less than you are

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:45am
  185. Shameful. I do not trust anyone/anything that is religious.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:46am
  186. Fucking religous morons!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:47am
  187. I hope he finds a better church that realizes GOD MADE ALL OF US!! And then he can leave that double wide trailer wannabe church in the past!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 10:59am
  188. It sucks when church leaders trie to interfere with someone’s relationship with god. Let’s pretend that being gay is a sin…. Are these “men of god” going to kick everyone (including themselves) out of the church? After all, everyone is a sinner. Nope, these hypocrites will pass judgement and turn away someone because of their sexual orientation. I hope this man can find a church that welcomes everyone, gay or straight.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:06am
  189. God loves all of His creation. God creates everyone in His image. Shame on this Church. I know that God does not approve of what they did!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:12am
  190. Religions are all man made fairytales for the gullible and stupid and mentally ill. …… it is best to avoid them!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:27am
  191. playing god a hard job,,,satins church…..

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:44am
  192. The church needs to close its doors. We are all sinners. All sins are equal in the eyes of The Lord (not just the ones you don’t like)

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:44am
  193. More cafeteria Christians.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:51am
  194. stupid churches and stupid religions

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:51am
  195. Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:54am
  196. PA has always been about 40 years behind the times, socially speaking.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 11:57am
  197. and once again HATE rears it’s ugly head! God said LOVE ONE ANOTHER, not the opposite!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:04pm
  198. Sad…….and the year is….1214….1614….NO….2014….
    & “we” have learned……WHAT ? HATE IS STILL ALIVE & WELL in the hearts of some !!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:14pm
  199. They did him a favor .Who wants to hang out with haters ?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:19pm
  200. Sad but you don’t want to be a member of a bigot church anyway!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:20pm
  201. There are places that would accept him. Find one.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:27pm
  202. So they’ll protect a child molesting priest that’s not sinful but someone who is gay, now that’s going to far. Hateful judgemental morons. I was raised catholic my mother never taught me to judge she told me the priest were wrong they don’t speak for god. God made us all. I left my church when I was 16 I keep my own and don’t need a bunch of bigots to tell me anything

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:32pm
  203. It isnt the church’s right to deny anyone communion …that’s between god and that individual

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:33pm
  204. ah christians at work – douche bags

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:34pm
  205. :( <3

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:35pm
  206. Such vile behavior by an assembly claiming divine inspiration…

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:45pm
  207. what a shame…

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:51pm
  208. So sad….

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:51pm
  209. Way to live religious beliefs. Exactly why organized religion has a bad reputation.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:59pm
  210. Such a forgiving hell hole!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 12:59pm
  211. One day, all these organized religions that are showing such unbridled hatred against others will be kicked aside like garbage.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:06pm
  212. Not. Uh of a church as far as I am concerned

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:07pm
  213. Not much of a church as far as I am concerned

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:07pm
  214. That’s f’ed up right there. Everyone has the right to church not just straight people.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:12pm
  215. Being a pastor doesn’t mean you are an intelligent person apparently. Shameful.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:15pm
  216. This simply proves they are NOT a church, and so must forfeit any and all rights and privileges that a church is given. They are simply are congregation of hateful bigots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:20pm
  217. WE HAVE TO FIGHT JUST A LITTLE HARDER WITH THIS CRAP STILL GOING ON.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:22pm
  218. Bastards

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:25pm
  219. He needs to seek a UCC; they’ll welcome him into full membership with open arms & hearts.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:26pm
  220. Ridiculous

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:31pm
  221. How very “Christian” of them.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:33pm
  222. And they do not know why gay people walk away from organized religion.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:33pm
  223. And another Church that judge’s

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:34pm
  224. What fucktards this church is

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:36pm
  225. WWJD ?? ” Judge not lest you be judged ” Blah blah blah People used to convert to Christianity because of the way they treated one another – now they are leaving for the same reason.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:41pm
  226. Big Deal. Who gives a shit?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:43pm
  227. Go seek a better church

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:45pm
  228. It’s their choice not to admit him BUT they shouldn’t be getting a nice tax break for doing it. Let their numbers dwindle into obscurity at the cost of their “purity” so long as I’m not paying for it.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:53pm
  229. I am sure Jesus would be so proud. NOT!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:56pm
  230. Good ol’ christian values.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:57pm
  231. Don’t leave your religion for ignorance, people like that are everywhere wrapped in gold a silk. Knowing what Jesus believed in is the key, jesus preached love and nothing else. They must have forgotten the words of the son of god.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 1:58pm
  232. well lad…time to grow up and give up the magical dinking for it is only good…if YOU do IT their way…it is a way of CONTROL…not furthering YOU as a humanoid…drop them like hot coals and move on.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:02pm
  233. This type of shit makes me sick! Really? What a bunch of hypocrites!! Yet if someone would tell a religious freak they were not welcome because they worship a false God they’d be yelling Discrimination…. They should lose there tax exempt status too!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:02pm
  234. horrible idiots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:04pm
  235. I dont agree with what the church has done. I do however agree that they had the right to do so. Find a differeant church. A pastor has a right to do this no matter how misguided it is.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:07pm
  236. You just have to admire how easy it is for Christians to spread hate and hypocritical bigoted intolerance instead of peace and love. Why would any self respecting person tolerate this as expectable behavior and want to be part of it? Should be grateful that you no longer belong to hateful group of hypocrites.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:09pm
  237. I don’t have a religion but as fare as I’m aware of, god is suppose to be everywhere so you don’t need a church to pray

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:13pm
  238. How un-christian of them. Did GOD not state to love all? This is not love, this is bigotry and hate, in the house of GOD! Come their own judgement day, they’ll be judged themselves. Not that I’m a religious person (not by a long shot) but I do believe that there is a GOD. I also believe, what goes around, comes around. To bad this parish will be marked as one to stay away from. MCC anyone?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:15pm
  239. These people are such hypocrites. God does not like this behavior. Jesus would
    never turn lgbt people away.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:16pm
  240. There’s always the United Church.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:16pm
  241. he should be glad! find meaning elsewhere and not in crazy narrow minded reliegions

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:18pm
  242. There are too many places accepting and affirming to worry about these uneducated bigots. Tell them goodbye and good riddance!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:22pm
  243. Well I wouldn’t want to be a member of that church.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:28pm
  244. Churches, not all but many, see to be the last place to practice the true messages of the gospels: Love they neighbor…, Don’t judge lest you be judged, and inclusion of all people without limitations.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:29pm
  245. The most bigoted and hateful places in the world are churches – people who are not accepted, whether they be Gay, black, or part Mongoose, should stay away from them. Believe what you believe – you don’t need a building or a ritual to do that. Just sayin.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 2:37pm
  246. The vitriolic hatred of the ignorant religious is truly becoming a neo-nazi concentration camp!! They indoctrinate their followers with ignorance and hate.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:00pm
  247. and they call this a “house of God ” Jesus clearly says ” paraphrased, any who come to me i will in no way cast out ! No, this is NOT a Chiristian church…..it is an Anti-Christ place of bigotry and religion.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:01pm
  248. So when did the “pastor” who kicked the guy out DECIDE to be heterosexual? Logically, shouldn’t that “decision” thing work both ways?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:01pm
  249. Well then the gay man needs to remember god does not dwell in stone or wooden structures but he resides within u!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:02pm
  250. Μα κι’αυτος ο ευλογημενος δεν εκανε εστω και μια μικρη προσπαθεια να αλλαξει?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:09pm
  251. Freddy dont know what you mean but please dont joke about these things there is always a jerk who will take you seriously I see you have a LIKE :(

Replied on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:19pm
  252. Not very “Christian!!”

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:12pm
  253. Now that’s real Christian of you…

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:13pm
  254. It’s God’s body and Blood we take as communion how can they say you can’t have what belonged to God. God did not say some may not have some may. This ” church” is not a true church. God’s house is open to All who seek him. Not just a chosen few.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:25pm
  255. Shocking.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:27pm
  256. Please visit Saint St. Francis of Assisi American National Catholic Church

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:33pm
  257. Where is the love?!?

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:34pm
  258. BOO on you bigoted churches!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:41pm
  259. religious zealots won’t love you

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 3:56pm
  260. Church is for everyone. Unless it is run by the Devil.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:11pm
  261. how Christian of them

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:15pm
  262. And in scripture it says that Christ’s one command to the

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:17pm
  263. He SHOULD leave this church… because God left it a long time ago.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:19pm
  264. i was baptized in the mormon church and stopped going to church because of there stance of gay people,i know god is in my heart and thats all that matters.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:20pm
  265. I had a church do the same to me.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:22pm
  266. to finish my sentence(FB keeps trying to read my mind or maybe their just church mafia) Christ’s one and only command to the church was “love one another as I have loved you” Seems like a lot of churches missed that one or maybe like many in the Mideast can’t read & rely on their ministers to explain the bible to them.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:23pm
  267. “Let my people COME!”

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:29pm
  268. Christianity??? What a joke!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:31pm
  269. You have turned away a man of God. Would Jesus do this? You should be ashamed of yourselves. You have just commited an awful sin .

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:33pm
  270. The LDS church does stuff like this all the time here in Utah. That’s not really even shocking to me.

Posted on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:41pm