Oklahoma anti-gay religious freedom bill being redrafted amid Arizona firestorm

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma bill that would allow business owners with strongly held religious beliefs to refuse service to gays will be rewritten and likely won’t be considered in its current form this legislative session, the measure’s House author said Tuesday.

OklahomaThe bill (HB 2873), which is similar to one that has set off a political firestorm in Arizona and some being considered in other states, would have provided legal immunity to anyone who refuses services to gays and lesbians based on the person’s “sincerely held religious belief.”

“We’re still in favor of running a bill like that, but we’re just trying to get the language tightened up to prevent there from being any fiascos like there have been elsewhere,” said Rep. Tom Newell, R-Seminole.

Arizona Republican Gov. Jan Brewer is facing intensifying pressure from CEOs, politicians in Washington, D.C., and state lawmakers in her own party to veto a similar bill in that state. Critics denounc e the measure as blatantly discriminatory and embarrassing to Arizona.

“We are committed to trying to find, which will have to be next session now, a bill that we can protect freedom of conscience for private business owners,” Newell said.

Scott Hamilton, the director of the gay rights group Cimarron Alliance, called Newell’s proposal a “disappointing step backward for the state.”

“It sends a very loud message to any employer that’s looking to expand into Oklahoma that if they’re concerned at all about their employees, it would be better to look elsewhere,” Hamilton said.

Newell, a pastor, said the language in the bill will be replaced this year with a proposed new law protecting religious student associations on public university campuses from discrimination.

“I realize it’s a tricky thing, but I do think it’s something we need to look at, and people shouldn’t be forced to serve someone if it violates their religious conscience,” Newell said.

On Monday, lawmakers in Missouri introduced a similar bill, but a measure in Ohio was put on hold.

© 2014, Associated Press, All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: Oklahoma

1. I can think of few things that would be a more clear violation of our constitution than what is being attempted in Arizona, Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, and I’m sure others will follow suit. Laws that would legalize discrimination have no place in America. Passing them only validates homophobia, intolerance, and bigotry. If Governor Jan Brewer vetoes this laws, bigots and homophobes will claim she only did so because of the “liberal media” and not realize that this kind of law is simply wrong.

Like I said, the simple act of passing this law by Arizona’s legislature has fed the fires of hate. There need to be consequences for these actions. That is why I created a petition demanding that the NFL relocate the 2015 Super Bowl. Regardless of whether or not it gets signed into law, the NFL needs to take a stand.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:06am
  2. It shouldn’t be redrafted, it should be shredded and burned into ashes

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:07am
  3. It’s like a plague that’s sweeping the conservative states. It’s 95% complete in Arizona, do they not see all the backlash that these bills are causing?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:07am
  4. no they to stupid an blind

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:49am
  5. Koch brother sponsored and financed, tea party endorsed, ALEC approved, SPN created.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:12am
  6. Oh-la-homophobia

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:08am
  7. OKLAHOMA , HEY WE ARE L O V E PEOPLE OK WE JUST LOVE EVERYONE , YES RECONCDER YOUR BILL ,JOHNNNY XXOOXOO

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:08am
  8. Horrible

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:08am
  9. Insanity is running amuck even More in those red places……

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:09am
  10. Makes one want to end freedom of religion!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:10am
  11. Arent you fighting fir freedom? Sounds like a counter productive point

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:22am
  12. Freedom of religion is not just one religion Kendall, there is more than one religion. Freedom of religion to christian people like you is discriminating others religion and/or love life just because you don't think it's right or its "unnatural".

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:26am
  13. When did I say anything about discriminatong against anyone? FRANKLY I dont know why everyone is so obsessed about a sexual attraction whether it be hetero or homo, there is more defining qualities in people I would rather focus on

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:03am
  14. Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:33am
  15. this is way i hate this state

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:12am
  16. this is SO going backward in time.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:12am
  17. They still want discriminate. Arschlochen.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:12am
  18. justlike these bills new laws…but clearly more people.i come across tend to make it clear that being gay lesbian is a choice..thank everybody for getting that out in open for the world

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:13am
  19. Being gay's not a choice, shithead.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:28am
  20. When states that pass bigoted legislation start feeling it in the wallet, as Arizona will, if Brewer is stupid enough to sign the bill, they’ll backtrack post haste.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:13am
  21. Tornado season will teach them a lesson.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:13am
  22. Wow wishing death on people, thats pretty messed up

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:15am
  23. there was no wish of death in there at all

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:16am
  24. If you see some of the things some of these heterosexuality pride pages post, you'd be surprised. But yes, you shouldn't wish for someone to die no matter how much of an idiot they are.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:18am
  25. Oh how then will tornados teach them a lesson? I guess people losing everything but not being killed is ok?

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:18am
  26. I live in Oklahoma, with my partner of 18 years. Trust me, not all of us are worthy of punishment by tornado.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:22am
  27. It hasn't taught anyone a lesson yet...not even the basic lesson of building some damned shelters.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:26am
  28. I do not wish death on anyone,BUT it would be nice to see a tornado come along and take their businesses away from them.BUT then that would not solve anything,They would get their insurance money.And rebuild....I would love to watch their Businesses go bankrupt and they are put out of business.And they suffer poverty because of it.I do not wish these stupid states go bankrupt,because not all the citizens support this bill...But I hope the Politicians who are fighting for this bill all end up destroying their careers..

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:53am
  29. This is just disturbing! Makes me ashamed to call Oklahoma my home!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:14am
  30. I LOVE JESUS AND EVERYONE, however i dont agree with your lifestyle, i dont hate you, I also dont agree with abortion, i dont hate pro choice individuals. Just as it is your right to disagree with me hunting as an activity, it doesnt say in the constitution i am required to agree with or like anybody. Thats why I love this country

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:14am
  31. God made us all human whether it's a choice or we were born with it. God also said to love one another and clearly these bills are the opposite. I'm not against you, i don't agree with you either but I respect your opinion.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:18am
  32. You're right, you don't have to like or agree with anyone, but you do have to abide by the same law that everyone else does.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:35am
  33. You ahould tell that to our political leaders in regards to obamacare and illegal immigrants

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:58am
  34. Kendall McCasland, Well, that's your opinions, if you don't agree with LGBT people then why you on LGBTQ nation page? That's why I don't like these religious and christians, that my opinions. I am proud spiritual transgender woman, I don't care you don't like my lifestyles, Try me! Yeah you are right jesus love everyone, I don't like you nothing. fool christian man.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:12am
  35. I am glad you are comfortable with yourself, all i was saying is that your lifestyle isnt for me, i think its great that you are true to your beliefs, and I have said nothing negative about them. You obviously read very few of my posts. I am a christian, a patriot and love all people whether they love me back or not. I have no right to judge anyone all I have is my opinion. But when I see stereotypical remarks about "all christians" i have the same rights as you do and that is to defend my beliefs

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:47am
  36. Well, Of course you are right. Do favor me, please leave LGBT people alone! Thanks and have good day, God bless too. Bye

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:50am
  37. Homosexuality is NOT a lifestyle, or a choice. Piss off, you knuckle-dragging Tea Party Neanderthal piece of shit.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:27am
  38. Wow that was a really productive dialogue billy

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:56am
  39. All i said is it wasnt for me billy are you so insecure that no one can disagree with you, if we cant disagree we are living in comunism

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:58am
  40. Mr. McCasland, if all people ,regardless of which side of this they are on, could show as much respect as you have we would be much better off!

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:02pm
  41. Thank you so much lisa I am an american, regardless of any other labels people are given, thats one that we have in common, I dont want any freedoms taken from any of my red white and blue brothers and sisters, if they censor even one group they endanger freedom for all

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:27pm
  42. I hear its ok to marry live stock here .

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:17am
  43. The LGBT community deserves more respect. Stop the insanity.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:18am
  44. If this passes, business owners can turn away *anyone* based on, basically, “your WHATEVER offends me”. Jews. Whites. Blacks. Muslims. Christians who aren’t Christian “enough”. LGBTQ people. Disabled people–”you might contaminate our store by simply being here!” Holy fuck.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:18am
  45. Its segregation, again, the share-cropping of the gay community.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:19am
  46. Just another state that I will NOT be visiting.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:21am
  47. so hard to read Christians not being Christ like. Jesus loves everyone did not pick and choose.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:22am
  48. Can gays refuse service to religious people?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:23am
  49. I hope we can take higher road and show them what loving and respect is but I dont think its a bad idea. ;)

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:39am
  50. Not in the AZ bill because being gay is not a strongly held religion.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:44am
  51. But... Im a Penis worshiper :D

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:50am
  52. Shocker.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:23am
  53. Those are 2 shitholes anyway

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:27am
  54. In a Democracy why is a Law allowing discrimination against any group of citizens even being considered ? Either ALL citizens are EQUAL or NINE are !! Who will be next ? Blacks ? Jews ? Muslims ? First Nation a Peoples ? Redheads ? Blue Eyes ?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:28am
  55. That should include christians

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:06am
  56. NO IT SHOULDN'T, because Christians made this bill.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:24am
  57. It's the christians doing the discriminating. Remove the splinter from thy eye.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:30am
  58. Religion is fake wake up!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:30am
  59. Thats your belief and i am glad we can disagree, I happen to feel homosexuality is a choice

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:59am
  60. Before you start throwing around the whole "it's a choice" thing remember your religion is also a choice. And if you think it's ok to discriminate against a group you don't belong to think about the fact that it might be your group next time.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:31am
  61. Why so defensive he gave his opinion i gave mine, i have been very respectful about it

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:08am
  62. Kendall McCasland..Does a 5 year old choose to be a homosexual when they don't even know what that is?

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:05am
  63. I Give them there rights. That’s there business who are we to judge that’s God’s job.. There not hurting anyone. What about these people from Iran and other places they hate us they want to kill us and we have them here teaching them all kinds of stuff and and you’re worried about the gay people

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:31am
  64. You shouldn’t be able to use your religion as an excuse to discriminate against others. This is a bunch of bullshit. Stop using the bible and your religious beliefs as an excuse to be bigoted assholes.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:33am
  65. I just wanna add, can we not stoop to their level of hatred? Let’s be better than them and not wish harm on people.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:34am
  66. *ahem* (grabs megaphone) FOCUS ON SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! Im sure there is something to be done about crime, economy and/or job growth. Lets focus on that and leave a group of people who just want the same rights as everyone else alone. Why do you do this? Because they don’t fit in with your “christian morals” Fuck you in the neck!!!! Religious freedom works both ways. Christians want their rights respected but what about the rights of others? They don’t want religious freedoms. They want THEIR religion and ONLY theirs. They try to use the very document that tells them they cannot act in this way. LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF POLITICS! I promise you, if we can do that then this problem resolves itself and everyone will be just fine, not happy but still just fine.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:35am
  67. Wow do you get this mad every time a group disagrees with you, grow up your foul language makes you sound ignorant, if you feel this way why do you care what they think, why would you want to go to an anti lgbt establishment? Are you that desperate to give them your business

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:56am
  68. Don't you get it? I don't give a damn what they think. Who cares. Fact is there is a document that all laws are to be written by and its not being upheld. What did i say in my opening statement? "Focus on something else" Thats my main point here. tax dollars are being wasted on what? Discrimination. Thats not cool with me. Better things to focus on. This shouldn't even be open for discussion. Focus on the important issues and leave the LGBT community alone. Also, don't like my cussing? then don't talk to me. They are just words, words i use to articulate my point. Think about it! Everyone understands cussing these days. Its cements the point im trying to make. I could use a vast vocabulary, however not as many folks would "get it" like they would a few cuss words. Sad? sure is, but people get it all the same. Mad? nah, just excited to get my point across. Good day now.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:19am
  69. Funny thing is im a tea party member and i agree this country is divided. Why are we so hung up on sexual orientation, it seems like both sides are arguing over an issue that is just a speck in the realm of what defines who a person is. Until we rise up as we the people instead of we the separate clicks this country is screwed. These agendas are nothing more than distractions the czars hide behind to sweep corruption under the rug

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:28am
  70. It is religion that is dividing this country,the LBGT only want what they deserve and that is the same exact equal rights as every other American.But then comes the religious nuts and try every way they can to push them back into the closet.The LBGT are children of God too.And God did not give anyone the right to judge.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:40am
  71. You tell us, Kendall McCasland, why the Tea Party obsesses with sexual orientation, along with the GOP, of which you are just a branch? Why do you think it is that a political party is so nosy and way too concerned with who someone else sleeps with? Especially when it has come to pass that some, in the very same party that is condemning the LGBT community, have been caught in situations that are similar to those they are passing judgment on?

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:28am
  72. Kendall All I Can Say To You Is That Your An IDIOT!!!!! So Stay With Hateful People But We Arent Going To Be Bulllied ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Use The "BIBLE" To Suit You When Needed

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:39pm
  73. My God Loves Everyone Equally !!! No Hate Anywhere

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:39pm
  74. Well heck can I open a place refusing services to white republican right wing pigs?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:36am
  75. I won’t make any difference. Idiots! If you discriminate against a single class of people it is against the US Constitution. Period!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:37am
  76. Billy Gardner

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:41am
  77. Hate will never win

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:41am
  78. I was more asking a question on legality as I’m in Australia and horrified at the thought of a law like that

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:42am
  79. Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:43am
  80. Urghh for goodness sake, being religious doesn’t give you the right to be a prick. They’re talking about freedom of those religious peeps, well how about the gay peeps? Why in the world do they think passing a law to deny gay people of their rights to be employed, to buy food or clothes or any neccessities is ok? This law would force gay people either to leave their home to somewhere more survivable or have to hide away who they truly are. This is not acceptable!!! It seriously violates all the values of equality and human rights. It is a big shame for the state of Arizona. You are a disgrace!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:01am
  81. Yeahhhh and let’s make a bill saying it’s okay to ban people of color from our restaurants too. And women! Oh, God forbid I serve a woman. The bible tells her to serve ME.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:05am
  82. Malditos

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:09am
  83. None not nine – sorry !

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:13am
  84. Kendall McCasland: if Homosexuality is a CHOICE, when did you CHOOSE to be straight? Homo Stultus, knuckle dragging asshole! Go talk to snakes who give dietary advice to women!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:17am
  85. Do you not think its a good thing to be able to have an opinion and be free to think how we need to, i have made no attack on anyone, i took up for my belief when someone said religion is fake, dont i have that right, why are you so angry?

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:03am
  86. Don’t even get me started on how I really feel about Oklahoma!! Ugh

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:19am
  87. If their religion is that crucial a part of their business, then their businesses should be enclosed private -member’s only- clubs cloistered inside their church halls.

With no public business licenses granted to them to tap the wallets of the public at large for profits.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:23am
  88. So now the rednecks want to use RELIGION to be public bigots! I know I am not going to visit ANY states that think it’s OK to legislate hate!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:23am
  89. no religion has a right to take rights away from U.S citizens

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:28am
  90. If they won’t serve you, plightly of course, pull down your pants and tell them to kiss your ass

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:29am
  91. Then Kendall your party is the one stirring it all up

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:35am
  92. I disagree true patriots such as myself dont like any new laws because new laws create larger government, we are suppose to be a self governing body

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:18am
  93. Not floating here, Kendall. Self-governing? We see what happens when people self-govern. Idiots pass bills like this one awaiting Brewer's veto or signature; Mississippi and Georgia, as well as Oklahoma are contemplating the same type of bill. THAT is what happens with self-government.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:35am
  94. If everyone votes straight line Democrat in November, this nightmare will end.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:38am
  95. The only question I have is are they open on Sundays?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:39am
  96. Hate can’t be spelled any different

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:39am
  97. well i think that chinese buffets,..an just all buffets shoukd start discrimanating against fat people!!….js

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:56am
  98. Leave the gays alone and feed the hungry and fix the country

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:12am
  99. Cheryl Ann Tomlin

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:14am
  100. Oppression is still oppression and discrimination is still discrimination no matter how you say it or write it or how fancy the bow is you put on it. These bills that are trying to be passed go against EVERYTHING this country was founded on, this is the LAND OF THE FREE is it not? Freedom for all or freedom for none. Keep your faith in your home and church, not in my government and yes I say mine because contrary to what these representatives would have you believe they are in office to serve ALL OF THE PEOPLE in their districts, cities, counties and states be they black, white, Hispanic, Indian, Asian, gay, straight, trangendered, muslim, Catholic, Christian, Hindu what have you. If they pay taxes then they should be considered in EVERY DECISION made by any representative in government, and those that don’t get that need to be reminded or removed. Time to stand up people…..just sayin…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:17am
  101. Personally….I’m disgusted with the current government that thinks these ideals are good for our country….are you?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:18am
  102. Kendall McCasland…I can’t keep quiet anymore…you look more like a donut…than a tea party …joke…just shut up & leave it alone… enough is enough…really get over it already..!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:19am
  103. Hmmmmm maybe both sides just need to get over it, and i appreciate the joke

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:23am
  104. I checked out your profile, you two make a lovely couple congratulations, and that has no sarcasm attached, i hope your lives together are filled with love and remarkable happiness

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:58am
  105. These bills have nothing to do with religion or the love of Jesus. It’s all about distraction from the real issues like jobs & since the Republicans can only lie, steal & destroy in their Pick-n-Choose religion, it’s time to cut them in the Supreme Court. Enough of this hate bigotry. It’s 2014, not 1950.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:20am
  106. One more state that will not see one dime…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:31am
  107. Damn rednecks. can’t Wait to see what happens when it gets to Texas. This is history repeating itself. *sigh*

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:33am
  108. Texas is going to be blue by the 2016 election. That will be interesting to see. They were great with Ann Richards at the helm. They can be great again; they have to get past the Bush and Perry years.

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:36am
  109. Fingers crossed! Thank you for that ray of hope Max :-)

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:25pm
  110. Kendall you fat pathetic piece of shit! I saw your post describing a picture of the First Lady saying ” God Help This Country. I also saw what I guess is your grandson holding a riffle. You ignorant hillbillies are what wrong with America. Die off please !!!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:33am
  111. That was my son

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:49am
  112. Also Kendall are you female or male? I can’t tell

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:34am
  113. Okay female with strong male hormones.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:37am
  114. Patriots???? More like a true Pastry.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:38am
  115. Nobody is big enough to govern your body Kendall….it would take a army.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:39am
  116. Now go away! There is no food here.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:40am
  117. Are you discriminating against me? It sure seems like it, I really dont know why? I have said nothing cruel or insensitive to you, i have a disease which i cant process certain foods, why is that funny. I believe we are all americans, i just think we should no be so label focused. If it makes you feel better to make fun of me i guess its worth it

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:46am
  118. Kendall McCasland I have many tea party friends, so I understand your beliefs. As far as gun it’s nice to teach at a young age, I started at about 8 years old. Thanks for being polite and debate your beliefs in a tough crowd. .

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:43am
  119. Thank you very much sir i appreciate it

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:59am
  120. Oh boo hoo

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:47am
  121. You are a funny guy lol roflmao hahaha

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:49am
  122. You are still a racist

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:48am
  123. Yes, it does

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:48am
  124. You are so fake, I checked your posts. I see who you are.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:49am
  125. Im not fake, i dislike the current government administration, I think obama is bad for the country, I feel like everyone meeds to open their eyes to this and im an outdoorsman huh?

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:57am
  126. Well sorry it still stupid

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:50am
  127. Maybe hell misfire and shoot you in the head

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:50am
  128. I have seen enough of that on the news

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:51am
  129. Your kinda sick well ive talked you long enough to prove my point the only intolerant one here is you, God bless you sir

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:53am
  130. One less bigot

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:51am
  131. Why are you on a a Gay post boring me?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:52am
  132. Why are you so obsessed with me

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:55am
  133. Do not bless me with your fake god

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:55am
  134. Yeah go away bigot

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:55am
  135. Richard Aginar and others I appreciate the debate and those of you who were polite, like I said thats what I love about this country!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:00am
  136. Oklahoma needs to worry about more important things like repaving the pot holes on their roads and cleaning up! Been there hated it!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:00am
  137. Change it to Oklahomo and ban straight people.
    Well, any homophobes…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:07am
  138. WTF is wrong with these people? I’m worried that all of this shit happening in the States is going to give ideas to the Mad Monk here in Australia.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:10am
  139. I’m starting to think – let them pass these asshole laws. The polls say something like 85% of people are against them. Name and shame the companies that take advantage of the law. See how long they stay in business.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:11am
  140. The Talibangelists are at it again. These people will never give up until they turn this country into a theocracy like the militant middle east that rule through fear and intimidation. I wonder what these people would do if a business decided that they did not want to serve christians, muslims or jewish people?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:20am
  141. its the bull what are we doing we are not hurting any one this is so stupid the way they all act

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:45am
  142. lmfao

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:48am
  143. If this bill passes there will be riots in okc and blood will spill

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:51am
  144. Damn these Bigoted Republicans…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:53am
  145. They can put that next to the anti gay marriage bill that lost in federal court

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:53am
  146. Kendall I don’t see any Christians opposing this legislation. Where are all the clergy? Extremist have hijacked your religion, do something about it

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:54am
  147. american, regardless of any other labels people are given, thats one that we have in common, I dont want any freedoms taken from any of my red white and blue brothers and sisters, if they censor even one group they endanger freedom for all

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:35pm
  148. I’m really not understanding this much hate in this country. What happens next? Are these theocratic talibans going to turn on each other afterwords?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 5:58am
  149. Ridiculous , simply is bigotry and hate !!! i won’t visit or support any business form any state that has a law like this. don’t they know discrimination is not a christain act but is against Jesus Chrsit teachings, discrimination is a SIN . these guys need to read those bibles. shame

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:16am
  150. Has everyone of these so called Bible thumpers lost their God Damn minds??

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 6:36am
  151. Of course Oklahoma is going to jump on it…we were the last to get the lotto and ban cock fighting…we are full of defence hicks that have closed minds

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7:34am
  152. Sometimes I feel like America hasn’t come very far. I am so glad I live in MA where we have come a lot further than most!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7:36am
  153. Ron

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 7:43am
  154. A bunch of religious right wing bigots…..your man made religion should not trump equal rights for all people.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:01am
  155. I hope you understand Oklahoma with your pride in the native americans of your state, that religious discrimination was used on them as well, and you could make it possible for that to come back.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:10am
  156. Wow they hide behind god to discriminate.. Sounds right to me….. Not

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:16am
  157. They’re going to try to hit us from as many angles as possible.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:34am
  158. Bunch of landlocked, mindlocked radical redneck douchebags

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:45am
  159. White hetro only drinking fountains

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:48am
  160. They will all try it, then it will have to go to the courts. They are so fucking stupid. The more wacko they get the more people side with us! Keep on hating bigots.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 9:49am
  161. You mean the Arizona shitstorm…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 10:23am
  162. FUCKING ASSHOLES. KEEP YOUR FUCKING RELIGION TO YOURSELF. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 11:40am
  163. Fail !!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 11:49am
  164. “People shouldn’t be forced to serve someone if it violates their religious conscience,” Newell said.” — if your ‘religious conscience’ is based on hate or discrimination against anyone, maybe you need to change your religious conscience instead of changing the law.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:12pm
  165. bigots

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 12:37pm
  166. Here are some facts Yea i am a strait patriotic christian, but I am also an american, regardless of any other labels people are given, thats one that we have in common, I dont want any freedoms taken from any of my red white and blue brothers and sisters, if they censor even one group they endanger freedom for all

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:32pm
  167. there should be no such bill Oklahoma WAKE UP !!!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:34pm
  168. So then does this mean we will stop hearing about the importance of Christian values now? Because as far as I knew Jesus served everyone…

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:42pm
  169. Religious fanatics hiding their hatred and ignorance behind the bible.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 1:45pm
  170. How is it possible to use “sue and religion” in the same sentence without considering the constitution?

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:10pm
  171. I wouldn’t live there anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:11pm
  172. this is the reality of a horrible nightmare that I was scared would happen…….DO THE RIGHT THING BREWER. don’t let this happen.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:15pm
  173. Thank you Kendall!

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:30pm
  174. No problem daniel

Replied on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:42pm
  175. Ignorance is a bliss I guess

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 2:38pm
  176. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one !

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:01pm
  177. Jesus is at my home. He mows my lawn. Come on people religion is fake. Leave religion out of this. The bible is just a story.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:02pm
  178. No matter how they redraft this discriminatory bill, it is still discriminatory.

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 3:04pm