Television

A&E reverses decision on ‘Duck Dynasty’ patriarch’s suspension

Friday, December 27, 2013
A&EPhil Robertson

A&E
Phil Robertson

LOS ANGELES — “Duck Dynasty” patriarch Phil Robertson will return to work on A&E’s reality show despite his comments about gay immorality, the channel said Friday, reversing its decision to suspend him after facing a boycott backlash.

In a statement Friday, A&E said it was bringing Robertson back after discussions with his Louisiana family featured in the hit reality series and “numerous advocacy groups.”

Last week, the channel had put Robertson on what it called an indefinite “hiatus” because of his comments in a GQ magazine article that the Bible views gays as sinners akin to adulterers, prostitutes and swindlers.

A&E said it decided to drop Robertson from the show about a wealthy family that makes duck calls because it is part of a company whose core values are “centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect.”

While reiterating that Robertson’s views are not those of the channel, A&E noted Friday that he has publicly said he would “never incite or encourage hate.” The show itself is more than one man’s views, it added.

“It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family, a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness,” A&E said.

The Robertson family said it had no immediate comment Friday.

Robertson’s remarks in GQ were quickly slammed by groups including GLAAD, the gay rights watchdog organization. GLADD did not immediately respond Friday to requests for comment, nor did the Human Rights Campaign, another gay rights group.

But A&E’s move against Robertson provoked a flood of support from those who share his views and others who defended his freedom of speech.

Within a day, more than a half-million people liked an impromptu Facebook page demanding A&E be boycotted until he returns. A petition calling for A&E to bring him back reached 250,000 signatures and counting in about a week.

While TV ratings tend to fluctuate, particularly during the holidays when viewing drops, the overall A&E audience was smaller after it landed in “Duck” soup than before.

For the week of Dec. 16-22, the channel averaged 1.5 million viewers, compared to 2 million for the week before, according to Nielsen figures.

During the week of Dec. 17-23 last year, a roughly comparable period to the post-Robertson flap period, the channel averaged 1.73 million viewers.

“Duck Dynasty” is the channel’s highest-rated program and set a reality show record for cable with nearly 12 million viewers for its fourth-season debut this past summer.

Randy Schmidt, a “Duck Dynasty” fan in Illinois, said he’s glad to see Robertson return to the show that Schmidt said has “Christian values.”

He didn’t care for Robertson’s comments but he has a right to express his opinions, Schmidt said, adding that he’s likely not the only one pleased about Robertson’s return.

“A&E’s pocketbook will be happy, too,” he predicted.

Robertson’s well-known supporters included former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who complained that his free-speech rights were being trampled. Bobby Jindal, governor of the state of Louisiana, complained that Miley Cyrus got a pass for twerking on TV while Phil got shown the door.

Last week, the family said in a statement on its Duck Commander website that although some of Phil Robertson’s comments were coarse, “his beliefs are grounded” in the Bible and he “is a Godly man.” They also said, “as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm.”

“Duck Dynasty” is on hiatus until Jan. 15, and the network has said that nine of next season’s 10 episodes have already been filmed. That means Robertson likely wasn’t needed in front of the camera before next March.

A&E said it intended to launch a national public service campaign “promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people.”

© 2013, Associated Press, All Rights Reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: Arts & Entertainment, [ Editor's Picks ]

1. hate speech is ok for A & E! who knew?!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  2. it's all about the money. Other stations want the show, offered money for the show, and A&E doesn't want to lose them.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  3. then they get to lose our gay money :)

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  4. Gosh controversy sure does boost sales. *eyeroll*

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  5. boycot A&E. do not have to put up with mother fucking bigots and cowardly producers

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  6. WOW!! What a SURPRISE!! NOT!!! This was ALL a publicity hoax and it WORKED!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  7. probably right, Ira.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  8. Backfired on my side. I WAS a fan, not any longer.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  9. And pages posting these articles are their tools! Yay! Kudos and congratulations. This wasn't newsworthy to begin with

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  10. Totally agree with you. My grandparents work at Walmart and said that literally all of the Duck Dynasty merchandise was flying off the shelves over the holidays.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  11. i warned ya'll, didn't i? yes i did!!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:10pm
  12. Not at my local Wal-Mart & Target. There werewhole shelves of unsold Duck Dynasty stuff

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:36pm
  13. How sad but predictable – think of all the revenue they thought they saw leaving the stage.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  14. Money talks

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  15. OMG!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  16. The bigots may get their reality show back, but we are winning the war for equality and gay rights in America. And pretty soon, they will have to deal with that.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:41pm
  17. like I told somebody else today who came on the page of a gay friend of mine (I am a drag queen so gay also) and talked about how "hating on Robertson" was anti-freedom" blah blah blah...He has a right to say anything he wants to...but I have the right to say "Ahole" if I like...that is MY freedom of speech also. Plus they can not force me to give organizations like chic-fil-la, my hard earned money. But I am talking hate speech...LOL

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  18. Just remember...we have the right to boycott A&E. Let's see how far they want to go with that.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  19. I will not watch "A&E" and would encourage others not to. We should boycott because paying for our own oppression is stupid and masochistic. We should encourage our family and friends to boycott because we would do the same if wait, he ALSO insulted Black people!!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  20. Who gives a shit this man is going to hell anyway he’s already dug his grave let him lay in it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  21. Stop giving this inbred fuck tard attention.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  22. Kierstyn. i’m telling ya. it’s all too keep us blind-sided by way more important shit going on! fucking sheeple.

23. No more A&E for me!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  24. you eat chicken Glenn @ chick-fil-a?

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  25. Yeah I can’t say as I’m surprised by this at all. Especially since the rest of the group said they’d walk if he wasn’t put back into the show. Just means I’ll stop watching A&E. Sad as they had some enjoyable programing.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  26. we are entitled to our own opinion.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  27. Game on Christian Mother Fuckers!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  28. Game on Christian M'er F'ers? Thats what you reduce yourself, to? Name calling? How would you like it if I said "Game On Faddot? You get so pissed about somebody like Phil stating homosexuality is a sin but you have no problem with Game on Chrisian M'er F'ers!! Nice!!!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  29. You can say whatever horrible thing you wish: free speech. That does not entitle you to get your own TV show!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  30. Renee - freedom of speech!!!...goes both ways!!!....I have NO respect for Christains, and now, I have stepped up the fight.....I'm sure if I meet you, I would have a name for you as well...Happy New Year....War On!!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  31. LOL!! Somebody needs to grow up! Yes, only YOU have Freedom of Speech. Am I correct? Why else can you get angry at what somebody else says but then turn around and do worse? I won't continue conversing with you as you are one of those people who name call instead of having a respectable disagreement......YOUR WAR is in your head!!!!!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:23pm
  32. pusssy’s

33. it all started as publicity stunt

34. I no longer support them

35. Never watched it , never will

36. Good Ole American Corp. Greed $$$$$$

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:42pm
  37. the last time I watched A&E was for the Bonnie and Clyde movie and after that, no more

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  38. Meh… I don’t watch the show anyway. Could care less about a bunch of yuppies turned redneck for money

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  39. Of course they do. Cowards.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  40. Figures. Saw that coming a mile away.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  41. nothing surprises me these days

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  42. He has a right to think what he wants. You all really thought he was pro anything Liberal? lol ah jeeze…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  43. It ain’t over while the duck dicks are still a swimmin’….

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  44. It was all publicity, he was NEVER dropped

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  45. a gathering of Boston Red Sox players…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  46. BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:43pm
  47. Who gives a rats ass, he was never really gone, can we stop seeing there faces on our pages…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  48. Nope IRA.. it didn’t, I am never watching A&E again… ever

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  49. Not a big surprise! It’s all about $$$$$$$$$, folks! A&E used to be a great network. Now it’s just garbage. Boycott!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  50. Who cares– My God loves me send accepts me for who and what I am– so that’s all I need!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  51. Of course…Christmas is over….

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  52. CNN reported today that Phil only said “being gay is a sin” (funny, the left out everything that was actually offensive!) and that he has a huge group of supporters. Also, they reported the only racially motivated assault from the “knock out game” was a white kid. So, as far as CNN is concerned, only white people are racist and it is perfectly fine to gay bash. =)

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  53. so a& e support hate groups. nice to know

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  54. Wow. Just goes to show you they will let bigots get away with shit like this

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  55. Of course they did. Just a little PR to stir the pot….assholes.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  56. No problem, I’m happy to stop watching all A&E shows. I can cut out Mad Men…it sucked of late anyway.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:44pm
  57. NEWS FLASH: Mad Men is in AMC not A&E

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  58. Bwahahahahahahahhaa. See? I don't even watch A&E then even easier to ignore!

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  59. Lack of balls!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  60. No big shock to me. I was expecting it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  61. I hope A&E is happy catering to the lowest common denominator.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  62. Let the sponsor boycotts and divesting begin!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  63. it was ALL a publicity stunt on A&E’s part. They set him up knowing he is bat ass crazy and that he would do something to help the ratings !! A&E SUCKS !!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  64. yes as someone suggested at the time, likely partly a publicity stunt anyway….but all I have controll of is what I will do. I wont watch the show…not that I even did. this “freedom of speech” goes both ways, mithinks. :)

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  65. I think the whole back woods, jesus loven thing is the real show being performed. This is all about money. There is not one person in this whole ordeal that should be called a role model. Not one.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  66. I don’t watch A&E

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  67. If A&E was worried about their ratings before, lets see what happens after this.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  68. Boo

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  69. No problem. BOYCOTT! Block A&E from your tv lineup. Your cable company will know that you did it. I did, and I will unlock it when A&E stops the hate.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:45pm
  70. Fuck him and his family

71. This is depressing.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  72. Hey A&E I want a DIVORCE!!! I am done with you!!!!!!! Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73. Soooooo..publicity stunt.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  74. About damn time. This was an absolute joke that the lgbt community spews about tolerance but what they forget in their fight is tolerance for others. Instead of being activists fighting the good fight you have managed to make a joke of your cause and end up looking like Hitler’s in training. Good job, idiots.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  75. Interesting. Now, about that Westboro group…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  76. this guys says what he wants and get put on hiatus, Paula deen tells the truth and gets fired for her cooking shows!! And they say equal rights for everyone!!! I say bull shit!!! Her personal views get her fired, his get him a hiatus!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  77. Oh you silly fool, that's because he has a penis. Haven't you learned anything living in society?

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  78. this is a distraction

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  79. NEVER will watch that station again,,, never was a fan of the show but now I wont even watch the station… and im NOT the only one

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  80. You have the right to NOT watch D.D. As a lesbian I feel okay with letting the people be the censors. I want to be able to express myself anyway I want and cannot expect to do so if I take that right from others.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  81. This is one of the best responses I've read. And I doubt I'll find anything much better. <3

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  82. Thank you A&E! One less of the 300+ channels I now have to watch. I’ll breeze right over you. I may watch commercials from time to time to see what sponsors to boycott as well. No tolerance for racists and bigots or a network that supports them!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  83. My daughters are gay and I support them all the way but I don’t feel he did anything wrong you can’t say he is going to hell because that is passing judgement to and it will always be hard on gays and you knew that from the beginning so deal with that

84. Wait..what?!??

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:46pm
  85. I am not surprised ONE bit. Not a single iota in my body thought that it wouldn’t happen! Well cheers to you Duck Dynasty and A&E! Complete foolish fuckery and bullshit nonsense. They have lost my viewership.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  86. WHO CARES

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  87. Are you surprised, it is about money.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  88. I support it. I also support the LGBTQ community. Everyone has a right to their opinion. However, it’s only his part for not being open minded.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  89. It’s all a business thing…a YouTube video found from 2009??? No boycott…just no attention. They want controversy because it equals $$$$$.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  90. Sweet! That show would have sucked without Phil.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  91. It was all a publicity stunt to raise ratings!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:47pm
  92. i am a gay man and i do not watch this show but I do believe that this way taken way far. He has the right to show his ignorance and in fact I hope people like this do because its becoming more and more common for them to be shut up very quickly and spotlighted for their ignorance… I have the right to watch or not watch the show but he also has a right to speak his opinion. If the show was cancelled due to this comment after being ASKED about his feelings towards LGBT I would definitely consider that censorship. He did not use slurs nor derogatory terms and Im sure his intent was not malicious….. I see no problem in him vocalizing his personal views…. this may just be one man sharing his views but whether we like it or not many people in the US still feel the way he does… Lets bridge that gap through communication and dialogue rather than chastising and censoring…… that would make us no better than those who have done that to us.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  93. I love how Dog the Bounty Hunter can say racist things & have his show cancelled, but Phil keeps his show? They should both be cancelled.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  94. Thank you for making my mind up for me that I will no longer watch A&E. That was easy. You discriminate against me and my people, A&E does not get my money or my attention. Good bye and enjoy your bigotry.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  95. Dusty said he would be back! – http://youtu.be/KW343K1-upo – Duck is Douchebag!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  96. I didn’t watch the show before. I still won’t. The End.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  97. Oh, ya’ll surprised..?

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  98. who cares! why do we let the opinions of others affect us so much? “what others think of me is none of my business” don’t watch the show if you don’t like it but damn quit bitching! he’s got rights to have his opinions just like all of us do but bitching and calling him names makes you no better than him.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  99. You know Jessica, you are the idiot! It’s people like you who force your ideals on the rest of the world! His words are not free speech, if you actually would take the time to look up the definition! Crawl back into the hole from which you came!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  100. I’m gay as fuck and I have no problem sayin he DID NOT OFFEND ME. Freedom of speech goes both ways. You may not agree with it (I certainly didn’t) but you can’t say he doesn’t have a right to say it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:48pm
  101. He has a right to say it; it doesn't mean it isn't offensive.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  102. Wayne Have No Words For You ........

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:32pm
  103. well i wont be watching A&E anymore!!! nor ill my family!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  104. Yay! So glad hes back

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  105. bunch of scumbags

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  106. Wankers A&E.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  107. All this does is make what he said ok. I knew A&E would backdown.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  108. Good

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  109. They asked a southern Christian man his views. He stated his beliefs and views. Why is anyone shocked at this?

The LGBT community needs to realize just how much of a hypocrite we can be. We spout free speech for us, but condemn others for it. The man stated his beliefs, good for him, he didn’t tell people to go out and stone the nearest gay person they find.

I can assure you the majority of viewers for that show support him and his beliefs. Don’t like his views? Don’t watch the show.

As a gay man, I honestly don’t care about his opinions. My heart knows where it stands with God.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  110. The Constitution of the United States only protects people from being prosecuted for their statements by the Government- that is it- however the Patriot Act repealed even that. Phil was not arrested, so his free speech was not violated. The same goes for the LGBT community. We can't be arrested for anything we say but sure as hell can be fired from our job.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  111. Just because it isn't surprising doesn't mean it isn't offensive. He has a publicist. He knew better.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:33pm
  112. A & E is no longer on my watch list!!!! Regardless of what plays hatred and bigotry are not part of America!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  113. WTH! so their going to keep homophobic’s a race haters on and we have to sit back and like it? a bunch of back wood hicks? hum i say we want (DELIVERANCE) and Christians???? my white lilly ass. racists bigots from the deep south. (yes i lived in the deep south once but i didnt act like that!!!!!!! next they will invite the kkk on their show, God , why? this pisses me off and makes me sick to my stomach.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  114. There is FAR more important issues going on in our country than the opinion of some redneck with a tv show…START PAYING ATTENTION!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:49pm
  115. this would be interesting if the channel had anything entertaining or artistic on it. Sad for our country when a TV channel called Arts and Entertainment has red neck trash like Duck Dynasty on for programming.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  116. There is nothing good on A&E anyway.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  117. Good for him! I’m still not watching.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  118. Of course. There isn’t much back bone in this country anymore.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  119. For the record.. the man you want to sit and spew hate about never said a hateful thing to any of the lgbt community. He placed sins in a list…like I were to make a list of crimes burglary murder rape etc, its a list I’m not saying they are the same crime just that they are all in fact crimes. He stated it was a sin much like this that etc was a sin. Very simple. You make a big deal about such a small thing bc he publicly said he doesn’t agree with being gay. He even further stated no one should be treated differently and he will never treat anyone with anything but respect, no matter race sex sexual orientation.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  120. You are absolutely correct, and I will continue watching

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  121. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QjaYScgeDs He has plenty of hate to spew. He just tamed it down for GQ.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  122. we a born sinners and die sinners, even thinking a bad thought is a sin, the person free of sin shall cast the first stone. let god be the judge, jesus did not teach hate.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:25pm
  123. As far as I’m concerned the damage has been done. While I applaud their efforts to show support for the LGBTQ community they ended up doing more harm to us than good by dragging it out. Yes, hateful bigots like Phil Robertson need to be called out and exposed. But I personally feel that A&E along with GLAAD handled this poorly. All they managed to do is draw out the lunatic fringe. Hopefully I’m wrong but I can see one of these Phil loving loonies snapping and some innocent person or persons end up getting hurt over all of this nonsense.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:50pm
  124. F*** those religious nuts!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  125. This guy is allowed to feel anyway he wants and is entitled to his own opinion. That’s freedom. You have the right to change the channel.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  126. EVERYONE has the freedom of speech regardless of who likes what someone else has to say. It’s a constitutional right.

127. I will never watch A&E again

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  128. This makes me happy!!! My favorite show will still be my favorite show. I think A&E made the right decision by letting Phil come back.

129. even if it was a publicity stunt it is tasteless

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  130. So a&e does token “aint that awful” censure. Not difficult to boycott. Next step :Who are the boycottable sponsore.

131. Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice. ··· Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Damn Right! I am intolerant of intolerance.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  132. I hope he had time to take a bath.

133. $$$$$$$$$ a&E. bad move

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  134. Maybe A &E should replace Fucked Dynasty w a show about what the Constitution really says about things. But I bet none of u inbred assholes would watch it. U just want to plow thru life pretending u understand when u know so little u look even dumber.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  135. When I found out, I called comcast immediately and tried to get A&E out of my TV line-up.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:51pm
  136. Meanwhile, the NSA is upping their anty and is currently recording all information that is supposed to be private without your consent. All the while, you are watching a fake reality show based on what they want you to think is real. All of which is to keep you from seeing that they are the puppet masters and you are the puppets. Dance puppet, dance!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:52pm
  137. Of course they brought it back. Because its all about greed and money even for A&E rather than do the right thing and reprimand someone for offensive comments. A&E says they’re pro LGBT but instead they are pro $$$. I never watched the brainless show anyway and this will cement that decision.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:52pm
  138. I have not once watched this show, nor do I intend to-it’s a sad day when crap like this tv show is such big news when there are more important things to talk about-but then again, here I am talking about it!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:52pm
  139. Never underestimate the power of the rednecks:/

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:52pm
  140. I “Queef” on his face.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:52pm
  141. Money wins. Hooray for capitalism!! Of course I’m being sarcastic!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  142. What a shocker! Who didn’t see this coming? Not a fan of Duck dynasty and have never seen an episode nor will I.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  143. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  144. Wrong!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  145. wow.. smh it will get old.. their attention span isnt very big..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:53pm
  146. They caved quickly

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  147. You are all ridiculous.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  148. Paula Dean said something hateful about African Americans years ago in a semi private setting and lost everything. Phil Robertson said hateful things about the LGBT community in a very public interview and loses nothing. A&E along with all the companies running commercials during the show, retailers carrying their merchandise and the home entertainment companies producing the DD home DVD collection, that they thank the LGBT community is inconsequential!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  149. Difference is, unfortunately A&E does not care about social issues, only their ratings. Paula Dean's situation was a situation where people actually wanted to stand up to ignorance, not just gain ratings.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  150. Omg this just..needs to go away I see his hick face plastered every where I want it gone -_-

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  151. I’m sure it was done mainly for publicity. But now that A&E took him back, well, I don’t need to watch their channel anymore.

152. money talks……………………

153. Shame on u a&e

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  154. Who cares? I mean, come on!!! This is almost a joke of bad taste at this point! Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie have supported marriage equality, so does Madonna, Ellen, Janet Jackson, James Franco and thousands of other superstars… So??? These are influential, smart people, not brainless bigots who got famous overnight…. So let him have his “show” haha… U know what I mean!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  155. I am so on the fence with this. I am a bisexual woman who KNOWS that you cannot help the way that you feel and wish others would finally realize this. I also support freedom of speech, no matter idiotic and hateful, it is…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  156. Wow! No more A&E on my tv!

157. Of course!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  158. Kudos to him for standing behind his beliefs!! He did absolutely nothing wrong! I would be willing to bet it was all a big PR stunt. It raised attention for A&E and DD, not to mention increased sales for Duck Commander products. It even drew attention for Cracker Barrel! They all won in the marketing arena.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:54pm
  159. Well I like the show. And I will keep on watching it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  160. Bwahahahahahahahhaa. MAD Men isn’t even on A&E….score! Even easier to ignore. Guess when you use DVR for everything, you have no clue what’s on which channel.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  161. Lance McClurg blow it out your ass and learn to read. This wasn’t a matter of free speech, it wasn’t he government going after him. I didn’t mention free speech, you did. I said in short the lgbt community managed to look like hypocritical Hitler’s in training for being a bunch of pansies bc somone said being gay is a sin. Oh my God, how dare he.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  162. It is very hard to boycott something I already did not watch. This show is absolutely ridiculous and I’m amused that people were shocked at his stance. Ignorance in its glory.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:55pm
  163. Buh bye A&E

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  164. Jessica brooks is a fat cunt !
    Freedom of speech you cow whore !!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  165. Not sure why they suspended him in the first place…its not like this series has a huge LGBT fan base or anything!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  166. wont c this crummy show

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  167. We all need to remember what the constitution says, and even though what he said may have been awful and ignorant, he has a right to speak his mind in whatever way he chooses. And to curse him for his thoughts, ideas and feelings would be to stop down to his level and to exactly what he did; it would be to repeat the bigotry he inflicted and that’s not making a stand for a cause.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  168. I will not watch it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  169. Paula Dean was tossed in the gutter after comments regarding race but he is reinstated faster than you can blink. Sooo…what did we learn. Disparaging remarks against blacks are taboo but you can treat a homo like trash and it’s ok because it’s “free speech”. My ass!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  170. He said bad things about blacks too, actually, by talking about the Jim Crow segregation laws.

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  171. This little stunt of theirs probably was very good for sales and ratings.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  172. All this hate over a man answering a question. No offense but most southern Christians believe its a sin to be gay, but he’s not bashing or being hateful. Give it a rest and stop being do angry over something so stupid. Spread love and treat all how you want to be treated.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  173. It’s all about the money!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  174. duck em…..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:56pm
  175. Omfg… who cares?! Seriously overblown, not news worthy and worthless to even talk about.

Ugh.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  176. Of course. Did you ever think his suspension was permanent!? This was just a big publicity stunt the whole time!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  177. And Jessica brooks calls people hitler – I hope your kids are molested by these in bred freaks – stupid cow !!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  178. Not surprising. Nice publicity stunt, A&E.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  179. Never watched the show anyway. Not starting now.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  180. Lets Drop A&E!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:57pm
  181. I don’t like that show

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  182. All the idiots have gone ‘quackers’. Duh

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  183. I’m curious if the talking to advocacy groups changed some views and perhaps that is why A&E is making this choice.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  184. ok…fine….whatever…to each his own….it’s just a tv channel….not LAW. remember there is FOX news too..hahahahahaha.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  185. Oh my, what a shock….greedy bastards

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  186. what!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:58pm
  187. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY its about time to take a stand and say no more

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  188. Great, now maybe everybody can stop talking about this.I am so sick of hearing about this homophobic idiot. That’s the reason I don’t watch A & E and I am sick of seeing him on the channels I actually do like to watch.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  189. Bad call A&E.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  190. Can’t wait til one of his grandkids comes out of the closet.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  191. Seems completely reasonable.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 10:59pm
  192. Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:00pm
  193. I won’t boycott for now..nobody from Walking Dead better go all Fred Phelps!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:00pm
  194. Clearly, bigots buy more of their advertisers’ products than we do. I can do without A&E.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:00pm
  195. Jason Beasley I LOVE your post!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:00pm
  196. Thank you for proving my point David. I hope you feel better and feel like a big man now. I didn’t attack you but bc I said something you didn’t like you resort to personally attacking me. People like you are why the lgbt community will no longer be credible if you keep acting like a bunch of pansy ass bitches. You want equal rights, then stop demanding you be treated differently than any other human being on this planet. Learn the world doesn’t revolve around you. And grow the hell up and learn not everyone will like you not everyone will agree with you, much like all the straights have had to deal with our whole damn life’s as well.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  197. Because demanding basic human respect is asking entirely way too much....

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  198. Well, surprise, surprise! Good for them

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  199. He is still a creep no matter what he does…

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  200. Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  201. COWARDS and CORPORATE WHORES!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:01pm
  202. Of course they do, it’s all about money.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:02pm
  203. B S

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:02pm
  204. My biggest problem is that there is a tactful way to disagree with something. He crossed the line comparing my love for my wife to beastiality. He definitely has his right to his opinion. I just think he could have worded it better. As a gay Christian, I would think that the God I serve and the God he professes to serve would not be happy for his choice in judging us.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:02pm
  205. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ SPEAKS loudly

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:02pm
  206. You hope my kids are molested.. you’re a sick evil person. I hope you die of aids you sick fuck.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:02pm
  207. Blocked A&E on all my boxes. Ducktards!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:03pm
  208. While I find his statements about both blacks and gays abhorrent, A&E has the right to employ any person they choose. Just as I have the right to never watch their programming ever again.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:03pm
  209. Eye roll. I didnt figure the decision would stick, but still… yeish.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:03pm
  210. Wait wait wait.. Isn’t that the same thing as ending the suspension? Which, as it was a SUSPENSION, they had to have been planning on doing the whole time?

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  211. He is an ignorant ass hole.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  212. I have to say there was a lot of unsold Duck Dynasty products at my local retailers

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  213. I hope a duck flys down and bitch slaps him so hard because he deserves it and that decision is so wrong

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  214. Take it another way. A gay man on a reality tv show expresses his views about the religious right.

The LGBT community would be in an uproar if he was suspended from the show they watch. Just like the people who watch this show are upset about

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  215. I knew they were going to do this. This was all about scoring ratings. People who agree will watch and peeps who hate them will watch.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  216. A&E obviously agrees with anti-gay remarks from his big, wide mouth.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:04pm
  217. Glad their publicity plan worked out…..WHO CARES! Bans lifted in UTAH , NEW MEXICO and now strides in OHIO in the last 2 weeks….That is what’s really important!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:05pm
  218. I wonder how many of those screaming “free speech” on Phil’s behalf did the same for the Dixie Chicks. I’m not a fan of country or if inbred TV, so neither was an issue for me. I just wonder about the hypocrisy level here. It seems that most people are in favour of free speech only when they like or agree with said speech.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:05pm
  219. It’s all about $$$$$$.
    They were losing too much money so they caved!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:05pm
  220. I say the bible exposed as a hateful book is the best thing for the US. If anyone lost here it’s religion. I’m happy about that. Maybe this is a wonderful thing. Let’s hope he keeps talking.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:06pm
  221. Never watched it, no interest. Can see no good reason to start now, either.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:06pm
  222. What he said was ignorant. Very ignorant. And for A&E to reinstate him so quickly makes themselves look foolish. Either you want to send a message that you are for LGBT rights, or you don’t. Right now, I don’t believe for one second it had anything to do with supporting the LGBT community. I think it had everything to do with publicity. But it’s a shame because where they could have stood up for a whole group of people, they didn’t. I didn’t want him fired or whatever, but suspending him for at least a few months to send a clear message would have been good. Now I feel like A&E is more like “lol jk come back now, that was a fun game”. With LGBT rights being so big right now, to act like you support them then make a move like this will make me lose respect for you. I didn’t want him fired, just to understand it’s not about his beliefs or his religion, but the fact he made entirely heinous comments about two minority groups. If you want publicity, please don’t use the gay community to get it, A&E. Be better than that.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  223. I hope he gets a heart attack.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  224. Surprise, surprise. Again, money wins over integrity.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  225. Cowards

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  226. I agree Donna, we just don’t have to watch the show, or anything A&E shows.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  227. No more a&e for me. There goes the walking dead.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  228. that's AMC

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  229. If they truely supported equality they would not have let him or his show back on the air

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  230. Not sure how much A&E I am interseted in, anymore, either.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:07pm
  231. Yep, looks like I won the $1 bet. With that said A&E will be the go-to channel for wingnuts the world over.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:08pm
  232. Most of you are dumber than rocks holy shit.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:08pm
  233. Lost a major viewer from this household it was a big majority of our TV

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  234. David Heguy you are evil for even thinking that ANYONE’s kid should be molested! Go to hell, bastard.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  235. you knew A&E would fold. They make a ton of money off these guys.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  236. Honestly, I don’t care what the man said. I’m gay, but he should be able to say what he thinks. I say what I think.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  237. now atleast i know where he stands and a&e are so p***y whipped lol.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  238. Wow A&E…Weak!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  239. Jessica please don’t compare the LGBT community to Hitler. That is SO not right in any form. That may be why some are attacking you personally. We want love and acceptance, and the equal rights we ARE entitled to.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:09pm
  240. Spineless Exects

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:10pm
  241. I’m as big of lesbian as you can get and his words didn’t offend me. I disliked them and disagreed with him, but I agree with free speech. Hell, I’d invite him to my wedding to a woman ’cause I’m not a bigot and I forgive. It only scared me what some of his crazier fans might do to gay people. I’d imagine Phil would feel horrible if a LBGT person got hurt and whoever did it cited Phil.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:10pm
  242. A&E channel went down hill WAY before this idiot.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:10pm
  243. That figures. I didn’t think that A&E was going to stick by there disision to dump his podunk ass, the ratings mean too much to their francize and as long as their making big money off him, they don’t give a shit what he sez. Money trumps all. don’t you know!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:10pm
  244. They never said he was fired though, it was always a suspension, and as much as I hate him, suspensions do end

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:11pm
  245. c’mon guys, let it go. Post something that is actually worth talking about, not this pompous idiot.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:11pm
  246. Seriously people.. it is a fucking tv show! People r entitled to there opinion even if it doesn’t agree with ours. It was a pr stunt anyways, and if any of u seriously didn’t expect that from phil Robertson then… well u r crazy. I’m still gonna watvh duck dynasty because it is hilarious and I can’t change what others think.. n they can’t change what I think, so those of u being hateful right back seriously need to look in the mirror none of us r perfect. Yes what he said was wrong but I have family who agrees with him n I still love them. Moving on. Gotta say very smart pr stunt tho cuz it got the whole country bumpin gums.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:11pm
  247. Whatta shocker!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:11pm
  248. BAH!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:11pm
  249. Yeah who didn’t see that fucking coming, stupid assholes

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  250. Time to contact our cable providers and remove A&E

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  251. Sadly, it all comes down to $$$$ folks, that’s the evil of our times! MONEY MONEY MONEY

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  252. Every single thing about this was planned… start to finish… by both the family and the network. If A & E *really* had a problem they wouldn’t have said “suspended indefinitely” they would have said “fired”. Just ask Paula, Charlie, and Alec. No ambiguity about it… kicked to the curb without a thought. Highest rated show or not, didn’t matter a bit. This was a well played game from the very beginning. It remains to be seen how many new lemmings will jump on the band wagon.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  253. Not surprised in the least. A&E had a chance to do the right thing, but they failed to stand their ground because of their greed. It’s alright though, I’m sure, there are quite a few people which will no longer choose A&E for their entertainment.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  254. A and E doesn’t care about equality. It’s all about the BIG NUMBER SIGNS…GREED!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  255. Louise C Batta the Constitution says that you cannot be prosecuted or censored by the government for your speech. A&E is NOT the government, it is Mr. Robertson’s employer. As such, it has the right to suspend, or even fire him for making their company look bad. People also have the right to say what they think of Mr. Robertson and his beliefs. Free speech and all that. I, personally, find it is hysterical that Robertson is willing to compromise his beliefs when it comes to Christmas, but is not when it comes to people in consensual relationships that have no impact on him whatsoever.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:12pm
  256. The only thing controversial about any of this…is that people actually WATCH THIS SHOW!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:13pm
  257. Yall keep saying ur not watching A&E now.. lol ignorance… that sounds so dumb but mmk

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:13pm
  258. Tv should have no Real impact on anyone’s life, it was not meant to. Especially Reality TV shows, this whole mess is disgusting.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:13pm
  259. This was overreach by the folks at HRC and the NAACP that accomplished nothing in terms of fighting prejudice or bettering the lives of those organizations’ constituents but was probably seen as a useful fundraising ploy. There are plenty of battles worth fighting for large nonprofits like this and this was not one of them.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:13pm
  260. Not even some in the LGBT community understand free speech. Good God, what are they teaching in school these days?

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:14pm
  261. Goodbye A& E

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:14pm
  262. I can’t believe A&E caved. Sad!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:14pm
  263. he has a right to say what he thinks. Doesn’t make me want to watch his stupid show though.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:14pm
  264. Cowards.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  265. Fuck A&E!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  266. So as a fan of this show I have to say I wasn’t surprised that he felt that way. But I was surprised at the way he said it. For me; I expect a man who believes so much in the bible that he would have remembers it’s not his place to judge. I’m not surprised but I’m disappointed in his response. Another Christian hiding behind the book to front a lifestyle and belief that they are better than others. In my opinion If there is a god.. They would love everyone.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  267. Easy for you to say Kathleen you are not gay or black

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  268. JUST DISCUStING A&E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  269. thank God ,Lord Jesus is not on their side,,Jesus must be angry when phil tells him how trashy his gay creation is..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  270. Boycott A & E !

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  271. Ashley shut the fuck up. You bitch about people giving Phil Robertson crap about speaking his mind but you won’t let these people do the same. Typical hypocrite

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:15pm
  272. Oh come on!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:16pm
  273. It was just a publicity stunt. They both are going to make money on all this. We all seen this coming.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:16pm
  274. How sad. Idiots.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:17pm
  275. ew.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:17pm
  276. Thank you John Condron!!!! THANK U! Seriously! It is ridiculous what people r saying, that they r not watching a&e.. reminds me of the chic filet crap.. we r entitled to our own opinions so everyone needs to understand that, whivh means phil the old ignorant red neck can hate gays and he can talk about it but that is his opinion not a&e. If it were that case a lot of shows would be losing a lot of other people for a lot of other moral issues and other reasons. But its a PR stunt hence y they oick a red neck and gays to hype up the audience.. jesus people chill out.. but very well said john

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:17pm
  277. A&E used to be a good network. These days it is all about celebrating the stupid.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  278. Oh well despite Duck Dynasty A & E has some great programming I am looking forward to the next season of Longmire.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  279. They can Fqck the Dqck
    They are dumb ugly and uncouth
    As I would imagine their audience is

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  280. Geez take a chill pill people

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  281. Julian Sottovia im upset too but I dont want cable to drop A&E. Im just boycotting ANY Duck Dynasty show on ANY station

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  282. I will not watch A&E I’m done

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  283. That fucking sucks!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:18pm
  284. I said theyre acting lik Hitler’s in training…do your research. Anyone who didnt agree with hitlers crap idea of a pure germnay was killed, along with the millions of Jews. The lgbt comnunity is up in arms about everyone who doesn’t agree with them, the community personally attacks people that don’t agree with them. Prove on this very thread your own supporter tells me he hopes my children are molested after calling me a count fat and a whore, bc I didnt agree with him. Wow. Great job on getting folks to want to support equality. Speaking as a bisexual woman its appalling. Get your shift together people. What he said.. no I don’t agree with it. However I do agree he has the right to his own opinions and all we can do is further get the word out and hope by knowledge he comes to see the light. But with folks like david…probably not. . Organizations like the lgbt who accosted anyone who doesn’t agree with everything they say, yeah not putting a good light on this

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:19pm
  285. is it a surprise really? That show is worth millions to them.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:19pm
  286. I would tell A & E 2 kiss my pasty white ass!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:19pm
  287. As long as religion exists there will always be discrimination……sad but true

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:19pm
  288. It does annoy me when idiots misquote the bible. It state thou shalt not lie with thy brother or sister, which if read correctly states NO incest not no gays!!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:19pm
  289. Well, I won’t be watching it. But that’s not much different than before. Old Racist, Bigoted, Rednecks will be Old Racist, Bigoted, Rednecks. To old too continue living much longer, too stupid to change their minds.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  290. Not really a surprise. A&E has been showing Ducks nonstop since all this happened. Id like to see A&e do this if it involved a racial minority. I’ll bet that it wouldn’t.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  291. i’m hoping they will start losing viewers and they will get rid of the show all together

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  292. What bullshit. I guess this is one less channel for me too watch

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  293. who thinks they can troll this lame neckbeard troup of klowns into saying something antisemitic?
    ^^

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  294. I think the whole thing was a publicity stunt.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  295. Jake LaTourette no I’m good but u can when u feel it necessary. They can talk all they want but speaki ng out of hate is why we r where we r today. But I won’t get down on ur level of anger. Its ok to talk but not to down people who r downing u that was my point. U seem angry buddy.. maybe u should join old phil and be angry together. :))

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  296. Rediculous

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:20pm
  297. Patricia i agree the show was probably on filming hiatus anyway so it wasnt even a real punishment it was just a&e pretending

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:21pm
  298. A&E sucks! So does the Dynasty show…..now the crazy trash who watch the show will believe it’s open season on minorities.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:21pm
  299. Please, the last time gay people tried to boycott something, it sparked the “opposing team” into a frenzy and ended up making a movement in the opposite direction. It’s hard to boycott something as a group when your group is the minority. There must be better ways to spend our time.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:21pm
  300. N thats bullshit -__-

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  301. Sad for this decision. Feels like money over morals.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  302. It did include racist comments, he said black people were happier before civil rights.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  303. Hopefully he has learned his lesson from this professional imposed timeout!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  304. While ppl were screaming in support of Duck Fuck Phil..New Mexico and ultra conservative Utah went GAY…Our Society has already flipped on the gay issue and States are falling like dominoes..The Supremes have ruled and that ruling is gonna flip them all
    Duck Fuck Phil is quite irrelevant…along with his Duck Fuck Mythology…….Quack Quack

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  305. Didn’t watch it before all the controversy and won’t now. Everyone knows their religious beliefs, why make a big deal about it now. Just don’t watch it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  306. This entire charade is just that !! What networks and celebrities will do anything for ratings !

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:22pm
  307. He’s not the only one who feels this way, his opinion does not make me love my wife any less, and the show is sometimes funny. Its his opinion, and everyone knows its not the opinion of A&E? I am sure there is people of a&e that feel the same, most likely in NBC, ABC, etc… if we boycott every company that has prejudice employees, I think we would not be able to do anything! As long as I’m treated with respect I don’t care if you judge me for my personal life!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:23pm
  308. Done with A+E

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:23pm
  309. I hope their ratings drop.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:23pm
  310. money, money , money..:(

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:24pm
  311. Of big $urprise.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:24pm
  312. Good thing I never watched A&E to begin with.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:25pm
  313. To me the simple fact is, he said what he believed. Yea he may not agree with who we are, but if you hate him for who he is, are you any better then the people who attack the Lgbt community. You cant be mad cause of his rights to freedom of speech, because its one of the freedoms we seek to secure. I may not agree with him, but as a citizen of this country, i recolonize his rights and hope he sees we are all equal.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:25pm
  314. I still won’t watch it.. rednecks

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:25pm
  315. I wouldn’t doubt this whole fracas being engineered for publicity/ marketing

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:25pm
  316. zero fucks given.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:26pm
  317. I’m glad

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:26pm
  318. Why ???????

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  319. GAYS UNITE AND BOYCOT ALL A&E PROGRAMS AFFILIATED A&E NETWORKS AND PRODUCTS. BOYCOTTING IS THE ONLY WAY WE CAN COME ACROSS AND SHOW OUR UNIFIED POSITION!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  320. Wonder if the creators of this nasty little scenario know how much damage they did to friendships and families in the process. I hope people start boycotting the sponsors. This type of trash t.v. has to go.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  321. Never watched it before and still won’t he don’t like what I do I certainly don’t support what he does or says

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  322. Wow many happy rednecks across the country!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:27pm
  323. Surprise

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:28pm
  324. I wouldn’t watch such ignorance either way.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:28pm
  325. Funny how hundreds of TV shows can be racist or sexist on the program itself, but when one guy says something separately from A&E everyone decides to over-react. As a lesbian I am appalled at the gay community for reacting as they have been. You have been just as hateful. If we want acceptance, stop your own hate. And if one guy gets suspended for his views (no matter how stupid they may be to us) then maybe every comedian, sitcom writer and tv station should be cancelled for the racist and sexist comments that happen every day.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:28pm
  326. can you imagine being gay in that family?

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:28pm
  327. I think that everyone has a right to their beliefs. Phil is a very strong old school Christian. Yes he is from the south, but he is also a college graduate. So he is not a bumbling redneck idiot. He simply responded in his own way. He said what he thought. I watch this show occasionally and no gay is ever bashed on the episodes that I have seen. He deserves the rights that everyone else deserves.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:29pm
  328. @Dani Cooper thank you for saying that. You literally have made my day.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  329. Not surprised… Duck dynasty threatened to take the show to another network n A&E doesn’t want to lose the ratings.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  330. I really have to wonder about the folks saying that he shouldn’t get his show back. Have you even read/heard his interview? Yes he said he thought being gay was wrong, he also said he wouldn’

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  331. Wow Jessica, why are you getting angry w me? I didn’t make those comments. And I don’t need to do research. I know what Hitler was about. Please don’t take your frustration/anger or whatever it is out on all of us.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  332. Duh they brought him back. A&E, like other businesses, its about ratings and money. Typical. Very disappointed

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  333. money grubbing whores…..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  334. to be fair I had no idea what the fuck this show even was… until I saw this in my feed…
    Why don’t we just ignore people like this instead of giving them publicity…
    I think homophobes have every right to be stupid just like we have the right to be smart and ignore them (y)

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  335. lets just say its free speech and not get upset .

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:30pm
  336. Woo Hoo! … Phil got his job back! A&E, and Cracker Barrel listened to what the people wanted!, and they wanted Phil!!! … way to go!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:31pm
  337. t treat them any differently. Grow up and stop being bigoted yourself against people for having their own opinions.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:31pm
  338. So they’re showing respect and values by allowing money to trump their respect and values? Excellent.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:31pm
  339. Then A&E lost me as a viewer..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:32pm
  340. Fucktards

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:32pm
  341. The show will not last long once this stupid frenzy is over. So ignore it and it will go away, hopefully with the ugly long beard style it brought with it.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:33pm
  342. I don’t know why you all are so upset that his suspension is reversed. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs and morals. People all over the world are raised differently and have their own views of everything. Just because someone else has their own beliefs doesn’t mean they are wrong for believing that. Have your own values and others will have theirs. Simple as pie.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:33pm
  343. I support gays 100% and would never say anything negative I know gays have been fighting a never ending battle for years to feel equal but just like colors not everyone is going to agree and think it’s correct it’s something we need to ignore and make our stand and move on on any subject it will not be supported 100% he grew up in the time where it was not as accepted as it is today its only a big deal because he’s famous the gay community is strong and will get past the rude comments all people say :)

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:33pm
  344. a & e is off my channel list. the man is not a religous man or he would not have said those words..

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:33pm
  345. Never watch it never will watch it don’t wanna see it

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm
  346. Honestly, reality tv is a scourge. We know stupid assholes hide their hatred behind the “Word of God” while ignoring all the other parts of it. Mock them, move on.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm
  347. and this is why I don't watch t.v and stick to collecting vinyl lol

Replied on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:35pm
  348. So the family said they wouldn’t do the show without him and A&E decided it was too much of a cash cow to get rid of… awesome. And it wasn’t even just his view on ‘gays’, what about ‘blacks’… I think “reality shows” should just be ripped off the air entirely, unfortunately that isn’t going to happen.

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm
  349. I never watched this crap anyway

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm
  350. and we’re going backwards

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm
  351. Boo … boycott!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 11:34pm