Texas gay man left beaten and bloody after planned meeting using mobile app

Monday, September 23, 2013

SPRINGTOWN, Texas — Police in this small Texas town northwest of Fort Worth are investigating a possible hate crime in the brutal attack on a gay man after he arranged to meet another man using a mobile app called MeetMe.

Arron Keahey

Arron Keahey

Arron Keahey, 24, said his first contact with the 18-year-old suspect was through the phone app, and went over to the man’s house about an hour later, thinking he was gay or bisexual.

Keahey said he was “ambushed” almost immediately, and the attack left him beaten, bloody and bruised, reported WFAA-TV.

The Labor Day attack left Keahey with broken facial bones that required plastic surgery. He also suffered nerve damage and had some teeth knocked out.

Police say they received a 911 call from 18-year-old Brice Johnson, who told officers he found Keahey outside his house in the trunk of a car.

Police later arrested Johnson and charged him with aggravated assault, causing serious bodily injury.

Watch a report from WFAA-TV:

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: Texas

1. Support your local gay bar.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:09am
  2. :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:10am
  3. praise jesus!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:10am
  4. “possible” hate crime?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  5. Right, as if it could be anything else.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:18pm
  6. That is just so awful what happened to that young man. We need tougher Hate Crime laws.!! My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family in this devastating time.!!!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:21pm
  7. are you kidding, possible hate crime...what does it take to be a hate crime...

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:11pm
  8. Exactly.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:02pm
  9. This can easily happen to anyone using a hook-up app. You know the ones..... If you're going to hook up with strangers, using an iphone app, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION! This man obviously didn't.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:24pm
  10. If it was anything else i would be annoyed, but i am sooo PISSED!!!!!

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:16am
  11. Yeesh … not another one – tees me off!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  12. plz take it down heather-i dont want to see this… :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  13. I didn't post this.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  14. its horrible

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  15. Yeah hence my sad face in the comments.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  16. it showed a you posted to me

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:13am
  17. Why would I do that?? It's probably just Facebook being dumb as usual.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  18. yeah

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  19. i blocked it

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  20. Ignoring reality will not change it.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:18am
  21. This is reality, it isn't pretty but it is truth.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:53am
  22. Oh no…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  23. This terrible. Please people take self protection seriously and at the least get trained and preferably armed as your local law allows

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  24. Assholes. Special place in hell for the bastards that did this. My heart is with u

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:11am
  25. This would be in texas.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:12am
  26. We need MUCH TOUGHER hate-crime laws. I MEAN TOUGHER!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:13am
  27. How about deportation to north korea. I think that's pretty harsh.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:41am
  28. Works for me.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:47am
  29. Fuck laws we need to lash out at our enemies and start attacking back whenever we get attacked! It's time to stand up for ourselves and stop waiting for others to give us the justice we can get for ourselves by simple self-defense

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:34am
  30. Time for US to STAND OUR GROUND TOO !!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:41am
  31. @chuck HELL YEAH! A simple gun and a shot to the stomach would've prevented all of this. If you wanna put yourself in risky situations then you have to be prepared to bring a gun with you in case you need to use it to avoid becoming a victim

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:49am
  32. Agreed.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:50am
  33. The United States already has the largest prison population in the world. Hate crime laws wouldn't make me feel the slightest bit safer. Prisons don't actually solve social problems or rehabilitate people, they are made only to confine people and to provide cheap labor for massive corporations. Problems caused by hate are not fixed by prisons--these offenders are likely to have even more homophobia and hatred instilled in them by the prison environment, and to go on to commit even more hate crimes against the disproportionately large portion of queer people who are incarcerated. I think the only way to fix hate crimes is to educate people and to tackle prejudice at the root (though Arianna's suggestion about arming oneself might also be helpful depending on the circumstances.)

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:51am
  34. Good Luck trying to educate them. They are set in their ways.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:53am
  35. If they mess with me, hey I would like you to meet my friends Smith and Wesson.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:53am
  36. Chuck, that's the kind of attitude that gives some gun owners a bad rap. I get what ya mean, but a firearm is a last resort not a first line of offense.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:56am
  37. You lay a hand on me, that's what happens - it's called self defense. You have no right to touch my body without my permission.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:57am
  38. You will not touch me without consequences.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:57am
  39. I know from first hand experience what it's like to be raped and also robbed at gun point with fear of my life. So I know I wish I had a gun then when that happened. Now that I am older, I know what needs to be done. People need to learn they cant fuck with you and get away with it.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:59am
  40. So please don't tell me my attitude is wrong.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:00am
  41. Like I said, last defense not first offense. If someone tries to touch or harm you, push them away or lob a fist. They persist and you feel your life is in danger, then the firearm is your option. Take self-defense classes. Your past isn't what I was debating, Chuck. At all. I do feel sorry for what happened to you and I'm sorry if I offended or upset you, but this is a public forum. I will say what I feel is on my mind, that was.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:03am
  42. I have a spinal cord injury and its hard for me to be mobile much less do self defense classes. My past is very relevant to this discussion. It's a matter of defending one's self. Not everyone can fist fight their way out of it. You can say what you feel just as I can too.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:06am
  43. I want you to express your feelings. That's fine. But I am too. You don't have to apologize. You only spoke your feelings.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:07am
  44. Many people are set in their ways, and eradicating homophobia, transphobia, etc are monumental tasks. But what we truly need to do is study hate crimes and realize they come from a society of intolerance, and anything short of confronting that directly will not only be fruitless, but may even make the problem worse. The worst tendency of people in the US have is always looking to the the police and prison as a solution to social problems, even though they proven time and time again to exacerbate them. The penitentiary was developed by the Quakers as an alternative to the barbarity of corporal punishment and capital punishment; were they to come to the future and find out the horrific extent to which the United States government uses them today, they might even reminisce to the simpler days of caning. We need to extend our imagination past the false savior of authoritarianism and develop alternative ways in which we might solve social problems from the bottom up.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:07am
  45. News of your injury changed the debate, had I known that before hand I wouldn't of brought it up. I apologize.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:08am
  46. We are good Tony. There is no hard feelings.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:09am
  47. You can not blame the victim and accuse them of making the situation worse because they choose to not get bullied or get their life beaten out of them without fighting back with physical force or by guns. You do what you have to do when you are threatened. I'm sorry homophobia exists but it's a fact of life in our society. I guess Matthew Shepard did the right thing by doing nothing and letting them beat the life out of him after tying him to a fence. (Sarcasm) I don't like homophobia just like the next person and I wish we could just snap our fingers and it be gone. It doesn't work that way. That's all I have to say. You all can view it how ever you wish. That's fine. This forum started by an article of a Texas gay man being beaten and bloodied. I bet he wish he had had a gun when that was going on. Just my opinion guys.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:14am
  48. I wish he'd been able to defend himself as well. I wish even more that we didn't live in a world where it's possible for someone to be so compelled by hatred by another person for his sexual orientation that he's willing to commit heinous acts of violence. I want to do whatever I can to change the culture and the mindset that compels people to do that.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:22am
  49. @Tony I wonder if your words would change if you ever get attacked senselessly. A gun IS a first defense

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:28am
  50. Chuck, I agree with what you say. Tony, in the past month I have lost count of the gay men, and trannies that have been beat to death or almost death. I don't think a single was a 1 on 1 fight. Hate mongers and bullies rarely, if ever, fight a fair fight. I do not consider myself a violent person and I do not care for guns. However, enough is enough.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:16pm
  51. I appreciate that Rain. Sometimes the homophobes that commit hate crimes usually do it in groups against one individual.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:12pm
  52. Many interesting points and arguments in this thread. It's hard to take a side since everyone have valid points... well, with all respect though, Arianna is an exception since I think she seems WAY too destructive and bloodthirsty. I mean, no offense - but while you sometimes can't prevent violence, you shouldn't encourage it either. See... this about people attacking you and shit isn't specifically about homosexuality (it can be in situations, but not as a bigger picture) - it's about that we have a lot of sick bastards out there who likes to get violent against those they have irrational hatred towards. To shoot someone with a freakin' gun for doing something against you is rather insane unless they have a gun too. A taser is just as fine, or something alike. While I as said understand violence sometimes is unavoidable - violence doesn't solve violence. Yes, I am a pacifist and would only harm someone in self-defense if I would have to, and I don't know how it's like to be raped or have the shit beaten out of me. I just think we need to be careful - to have Arianna's mindset could lead to a war ultimately. And war is the last thing I want... I just want to be able to have love and happiness. If I would have to battle against psychotic violent idiots shooting them down with guns I'd just get trauma for the rest of my life I wouldn't recover from. Thanks, but no thanks. :/

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:55pm
  53. @viktor I disagree with you. You HAVE to shoot somebody when you're being attacked if you have a gun on you. I would shoot somebody in a minute if i were in this man's situation in the article

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:39pm
  54. The fact that I am an incredibly violent person is what makes me strive for peace. Peaceful resolutions are always best - I don't think anyone would deny that. But when a peaceful solution is either not possible nor presented, I have no issue with killing someone. I don't care what situation they're in, I don't care what mindset they have. If they try to hurt me, if they try to hurt someone I love, I will, without any hesitation, either maim or kill them. Probably kill them, actually, considering our laws are designed as such that leaving them alive could result in them suing me. I will shoot to kill, and if I don't have a firearm I will use my hands, my feet, or improvise my way to survival. I will not be bullied ever again.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:05pm
  55. Someone told me once, if you shoot, make sure you kill so they cant falsely testify against you in court. Also, make sure they are facing you when you shoot so there's no doubt it's self defense. Don't shoot them with their back turned to you if they are running away in fear of their life. I agree with Josh, if you feel the need to lay a hand on me or my family, get ready to go down. I live in Florida and we have a Stand Your Ground Law here. I can't think of a better scenario that it would come in handy - self defense from a group hate crime based on homophobia. I am not a violent person by my nature but I am not dumb either and I wont let my life be threatened without some form of defense first.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:58pm
  56. The solution has to start in the home. That is where hatred is learned; that's where compassion and tolerance for differences must be learned, too. Rogers and Hammerstein had it right: "You've Got to Be Carefully Taught" (from South Pacific).

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:08pm
  57. My mother and my father taught me to love and respect others. That's what I do. I am also a gay male that will NOT tolerate being disrespected in return. I sure as hell will not tolerate my life being threatened. There is a line that gets crossed.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:12pm
  58. A coward/bully is usually afraid to be alone with their victim, hence the 'buddy' thugs who help with the victomization and brutality. --skeered to do it alone -the victim may not ba as much a victim as they at first glance seem.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:13pm
  59. Execute people for hate crimes. YOLO

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:39am
  60. Sickening and sad. Why do people feel they have the right to treat another human being this way. If you do not like someone for being gay, black, whatever is different from you just leave them alone.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:13am
  61. OMG poor man! Whoever did this to him are despicable animals that deserve a life sentence

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:13am
  62. sadly that won't happen we'll be lucky if they even get charged

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:22am
  63. Fuckin texas

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:13am
  64. We all need to start learning to defend ourselves better. This is sad.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:14am
  65. Poor love.. my heart hurts so much for him…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:15am
  66. This is discussing!!! Some gay men prefer this type of meeting guys, i do not! A lot of my brothers live at home, in the closet, have no other ways to meet guys like them, it’s not perverse!!, it desperation. Loneliness, frustration, done guys live Their lives on phones calls, hoping one will lead to a boyfriend. Piece brother.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:16am
  67. well this is very sad…i dont think meeting strangers is a god idea tho…i bet it was a certain type of meet-up. We need to become less slutty boys. And maybe carry around atleast some pepperspray

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:16am
  68. motherfuckers

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:16am
  69. wtf

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:17am
  70. Ian Stallworth read it

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:17am
  71. Oh my god.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:17am
  72. Poor guy :-(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:17am
  73. we need to start hanging out in groups enough is enough we need to stand together and fight back!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:17am
  74. I mean, Oh my god.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:18am
  75. So sad :((

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:18am
  76. mg cr ulo mg tong un fuck those people who treted this guy in this wey..

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:19am
  77. Prayers going his way!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:19am
  78. it is not safe for either gender to do online hook ups. hope your well soon sir.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:19am
  79. Then grow up an defend these people!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:38am
  80. Horrible! Just a damn shame. But meet me? I wouldn’t let my imaginary friend go meet someone off of there.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:19am
  81. This is absolutely disturbing. I really wish this world could move past hate and become an environment where human beings don’t have to live in fear. I also would like to see some sort of harder action taken against this attacker. This is horrible. Also, we need to advocate that, when meeting someone for the first time, it must be in a public setting. I can’t stress this enough…terrible people exist and we cannot put ourselves in danger. At least, social app (MeetMe, Grindr, OKCupid, Scruff, etc) should have a warning label on it, advising users to never ever meet someone in a private locate. This story makes me want to cry. Absolutely horrible.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:20am
  82. :’(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:21am
  83. Grindr

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:22am
  84. I see a poppy in the future.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  85. Glad I’m done with the sex apps.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  86. fuck them

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  87. Sometimes online is the only way, especially in a small town. But it is dangerous.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  88. Some men prefer to be in a relationship with themselves and meet guys that way. Some comments on here are very harsh. Do not judge the way other people live their lives. I am gay and have met men that way but now I have a wonderful man. I font regret my past as I was young. Your 20′s are the time to make mistakes. You live and you learn.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:23am
  89. Guys, be smarter, I know the intrigue of meeting guys on the phone. It’s not safe anymore. Unless you have known this guy for a few nights. Maybe more, it’s it safe. It’s not the 80′s. This world wants to kill us. Please brothers. Protect yourself, or just hang in numbers. Peace!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:24am
  90. A good word of advice, make sure that friends know where you're going if you are going on a date, or just meeting someone you don't know particularly well. Stay safe everyone!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:19am
  91. It's getting to the point where you have to heed the advice given to college women in the 70's and 80's. But it makes more sense to take up self-defense or martial arts. I'm not a fan of guns but if they're legal in your jurisdiction, that's an option too. It's time to turn the tables on these self-hating psychotic assholes.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:31pm
  92. Prayers for healing going up…I am so sorry that this happened, Arron.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:25am
  93. That’s one reason why pan-sexualty and poly-sexuality and a-sexuality are a trio.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:25am
  94. For the sake of diverse assemblage pullets... www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:32pm
  95. oh my god :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:26am
  96. Shut the fuck up Esther

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:26am
  97. You are in our thoughts and prayers ;( God bless you

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  98. You piece of shit monster

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:27am
  99. Why would anyone use one of those apps to meet people anyway? very dangerous.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:28am
  100. You piece of shit ugly whore

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:29am
  101. Evil, alive in Texas.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:30am
  102. So sad…let’s remember…we are trying to Erase Hate, not entice it! My positive thoughts are with this young man during his healing!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:30am
  103. Estther, is the thing that gay guys hate most!’ Ugly girls who can’t get girls or boys!!! They insects!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:31am
  104. More and more I fucking hate this state.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:32am
  105. This kind of behaviour disgusts me. That is really fucked up.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:34am
  106. As a progressive accepting texan I am ashamed of my state. We are not all like this. It’s sad that you only see negative stories about Texas in the news

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:34am
  107. Same with TN. :-/

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:54pm
  108. This is horrible and it is hard to believe that people do this to other people. Don't be ashamed Coral. EVERY state has people that do these things. Just remember, Houston, Texas has an out lesbian mayor that has a partner and children. And is serving a second term. FEW places can claim that!

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 1:34am
  109. My state of Pennsylvania is loaded with gay politicians and lawmakers!! It has been for a very long time! Also California has had gay mayors, governors, states reps, since forever!! So there it is! You may have a gay mayor in Texas but that doesn't change the horrible homophobic mentality that is prevalent in Texas.

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:51pm
  110. I cannot begin to convey how appalled i am at the actions of those so called people who beat this poor man nearly to death. And to think this very activity is actually endorsed by Russian authorities as we speak. IT IS A HATE CRIME AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED AS SUCH. Texas, just secede from the union already, Fuck Texas and Florida too.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:35am
  111. There a good people in Texas but they are outnumbered by idiots

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:15pm
  112. sad but true

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:16pm
  113. Oh please. I live in Texas and have a great many awesome folks in my life, gay and straight. This isn't special to any one region, state, or locale. We, who know bigotry well, would ourselves be geographical bigots??? I'm not running. This is MY damn state, and I'm staying to fight the good fight.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:31pm
  114. Chris, I understand.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:36am
  115. that was so said i hope he going to be ok

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:38am
  116. Just be smart guys. Sexual frustration
    …..it’s hard , but it not worth your life, if you live in a small town, get porn.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:39am
  117. That poor man. How horrible! I hope he gets all the help he needs to recover from the attack.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:42am
  118. This must STOP!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:43am
  119. Jesus. Why?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:44am
  120. Dear God…why??? :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:45am
  121. Why go to their house? Meet in public first id think

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:45am
  122. OK, guys. Time to grow up here. Meeting people off of phone APPs just isn’t a really good idea. OK?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:47am
  123. This is heartbreaking to see.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:48am
  124. That is so sad to hear god bless him!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:50am
  125. Avengers assemble?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:50am
  126. It surely happens more frequently than is reported – it’s a stupid thing to do – as are any of the ‘let’s meet’ sites etc.. Yes I realize many many many men have had no issue, but really is your life worth taking that risk? I do hope of course that he recovers and that they locate and prosecute the perpetrator.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:51am
  127. The safety tip I'd give is to make sure friends know where you're going, and if possible giving a friend the other person's details to make sure that if something happens, that they can check up. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery and the perp will be prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed for doing something so horrific.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:22am
  128. Okay, my secret advice. When you meet a guy online or phone. This i a gay test. Ask the guy are you( this is fake) do you flower or unflower. Both answers are wrong. If he’s confused. More tests are required.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:53am
  129. I am from Texas and I am ashamed of the actions of certain people that make us all look hateful. We are NOT all like this. I am minority in my State because I have this crazy idea that people deserve to be treated equally and with respect.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:58am
  130. Hope his recovery

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:01am
  131. it’s not just in uganda and russia… it can happen anywhere… i just didn’t get the part where it says that an 18 y/o who reported the crime got arrested. why? what kind of journalism is this?! is something missing or is it another ‘official story’ from police that no one can ever question?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:03am
  132. smh wow

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:06am
  133. Horrible.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:08am
  134. This is awful and deplorable. So sad.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:09am
  135. Poor guy! : (

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:11am
  136. what really bothers me lately is the fact that these latest hate crime victims’ faces are in all the news website articles but not the suspects-who is 18 years old so a mug shot should be available.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:12am
  137. ban cell phones.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:15am
  138. While I applaud your sharing this news and raising awareness on this subject, could I politely request that you consider clicking the “no thumbnail” option when posting stories including pictures of such horrible abuse. There are many sensitive individuals, myself included, who will feel quite a lot of pain at finding such a horrific picture on their feed when they were least expecting it. I understand that this is an attempt to raise awareness, but awareness can be raised without forcing this kind of shocking image on those who are unprepared for it. In a sense, passing around pictures of this sort is only extending the violence to a mental level towards all those who view this image. If you post the link and the story, then people are prepared for the graphic images they are about to see and won’t feel psychologically assaulted by this inhumane and violent act.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:17am
  139. It is the truth !

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:35am
  140. Wesley this makes ZERO SINCE. much like the beaten man. Sweeping under the rug to make you comfortable after this poor guy got beat half to death. Grow up. And if you can't handle it, don't look. Or take LBQT off your Facebook. It's not about you! It's about he millions who need awareness. Get over yourself Wesley Trawick. Unreal!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:19pm
  141. I'm not suggesting you sweep it under the rug. Did you actually read what I wrote or are you just seeing what you want to see in it? You can provide a link to an article without making the horrific picture visible. Are you familiar with the concept of mirror neurons? They're specific neurons in the brain and nervous system that cause humans to experience and feelings and pain of the images and audio they are exposed to. In a very literal sense, when you show a person a picture of a beaten individual, they mentally experience a form of being beaten and suffering themselves. With a moment to prepare one's self for what you are about to see, this experience can be avoided. I shouldn't be assaulted in my home because you want to relay an important message, you can relay the message without the picture.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:06pm
  142. Also, I think you meant sense, not since.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:06pm
  143. People need to see it, sorry.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:55pm
  144. I really don't think so. I don't need to see a bruised and battered individual to know that beating someone up for their sexuality is wrong.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:56pm
  145. someone needed to know. sorry you think differently

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 1:25am
  146. people are disgusting.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:18am
  147. Grow up Wesley! Or get off FB you pussy! You may live in a fools paradise bur FB reality, you ate a complete ignorant asshole !

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:22am
  148. Sorry my madness of Wesley complete ignorance, I lost my grammar.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:25am
  149. I am sorry Wesley, from now on I will post. Flowers, rainbows , sunsets, anything not to upset your brainless head.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:28am
  150. Never ever meet anyone at their home, or other secluded area where you are open to attack from any angle. If someone will not meet you in a public place first, where witnesses could identify you both, then they’re not worth meeting and should be regarded as suspect.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:29am
  151. This makes me cry.. oh God

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:29am
  152. praying speaking life over you precious one.. be healed and restored.. no weapon formed againts you will prosper

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:30am
  153. Hate Is Not The Answer :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:33am
  154. Also another reminder to men, its just as dangerous meeting strangers online as it is for women, we need to protect ourselves and each other bc the law wont.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:36am
  155. that is so close by whr I live…he did not deserve tht….

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:36am
  156. Why in Satan’s fire would a gay man want to live in Texas with all the rednecks?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:37am
  157. Possibly done in hate????

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:38am
  158. condenable

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:42am
  159. Really? Linda , does this look like love???

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:43am
  160. That is why I carry a gun not to kill to make sure I dont get killed poor guy

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:49am
  161. enough is enough we have rights stop the hate crimes

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:52am
  162. This is so frigging ugly- how can anyone do something like this? Possible- really???? I hope this person responsible gets jail time.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:53am
  163. Karly :’(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:53am
  164. Alfred :( <3

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:55am
  165. I just puke a live frog

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:36am
  166. Sweet Ben, your anger and passion is valid and shared by everyone here, but don’t allow it to cloud your compassion. The image is disturbing, but rightfully so. The act was disturbing and should be betrayed as such. If this image is something you wish not to see in the future, there is probably a setting on FB to take care of that. I hope we (the LGBTQA community) can find ways to voice our passion and outrage without spewing the same hatred we hear from the other side.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:09am
  167. That is so messed up…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:12am
  168. Bastards.Hope thei get maximum penaltyB

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:12am
  169. OMG!. that’s freaking scary. Very sad for this poor guy. i wouldn’t go ALONE, best way to bring your friend to keep an EYE on you for your safety. never meet someone ALONE or BY YOURSELF. same idea for straight girl who meet guy ALONE as you can imagine. Remind me of movie called, “EDEN” with Jamie Chung.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:13am
  170. grrrrrrrrrr

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:16am
  171. I feel sorry for the one who did it, Karma will find them…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:17am
  172. “Texas’ hate crime law includes crimes motivated by a victim’s sexual orientation, but not gender identity.”

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:20am
  173. Stop violence.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:27am
  174. crime

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:28am
  175. Hire a good lawyer and make sure that this chicken shit bastard works for you for the rest of his life!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:30am
  176. This is why I plan on carrying a gun.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:31am
  177. Now we're talking. Somebody here is making sense!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:37am
  178. Fuck you!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:32am
  179. Why did 190 people like this post?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:44am
  180. Michael, for lot of folks "like" just means they're acknowledging that they've read it.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:25pm
  181. Texas. What a surprise.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:53am
  182. Fuckkk :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:59am
  183. Go Texas!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:14am
  184. So much for living in the best Country in the world this seems to be happening far to often in the USA,
    Glad I live in a proper civilised country where its very rare to be attacked in such a vicious & heinous hate crime as what seem to be the case over the pond & still nothing is been to stop this bigotry

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:22am
  185. Absolutely disgusting what happened to him. He’s going to be emotionally scarred for life.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:30am
  186. Although I agree that the US is a very peculiar country, this sort of crime is not unique to it by any means. Recent homophobic attacks in Russia have used gay dating sites and no doubt it won’t be long before homophobic scum start using grindr etc.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:33am
  187. Hope he will recover soon

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:49am
  188. that crossed the broader in to hate crime , I say find the son of a bitches that did this and hang high and let em swing .

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:05am
  189. Oh my so sad this still happen

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:16am
  190. and the scumbag who committed this vile crime will probably get a commendation from the governor.after all,it is texas.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:26am
  191. Oh my lord!! I pray for a speedy recovery for him! It breaks my heart that there is so much hate in this world!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:28am
  192. :v whats the matter? Cat got your tongue??

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:45am
  193. Where is the OUTRAGE you Texas Bible-Thumpers?! (So heavenly-minded that you are no Earthly good?)

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:51am
  194. I just want all crimes punished correctly, never known too many crimes to come out of ‘love’, despite what anyone says…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:09am
  195. This gay turd deserve to be beaten and burn to death just like the good ol’ day..Amen!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:08am
  196. I always carry pepperspray in me and switchblades

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:09am
  197. James you deserve acid on your dick have a good one

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:26am
  198. This is terrible. I think what he needed was a .357 Magnum for the person who did this to him.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:32am
  199. Be careful when you go to hook up, people.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:56am
  200. Gee you think! What low life Bastards .Possible hate crime?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:07am
  201. That’s just WRONG!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:18am
  202. Let’s really look at this. This is outrageous and scary and just looking at him makes my stomach sick. Anyone who can do this to another human being needs to be in jail. But, and here’s the but…you don’t do hook-ups with people you don’t know. And a mobile app, that’s crazy. This country, especially that scumbag state Texas, is full of hatred for gays. We thought we were going forward and that people were seeing us as regular people. But the tea party changed that.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:55am
  203. Add “lying in wait” to that list of charges

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:58am
  204. This is wrong.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:08pm
  205. Poor man. I hope they find the hate filled bastards that did this to him!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:10pm
  206. Fucktards! I hope Johnson meets some nice men in jail!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:13pm
  207. I used that app for a minute to meet women. I kept getting men trying to talk to me and a couple even got aggressive with me. I deleted the app. I may reinstall it now just to delete my profile. This is scary. My son is on there too, I need to remind him to be careful.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:15pm
  208. Btw, I’m only liking this because it increases who sees it. I recommend everyone do the same. Either like or share (that’s how Facebook determines how many people see a post).

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:17pm
  209. what is this all abut crime on gays no way police and the courts need to rill speak out abut Gay right the need to give there face us police to stop this for ones and Gorvemente must all so speak out 0 Crimes on 0 GAYS

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:18pm
  210. this is wrong!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:35pm
  211. Folks, please use caution and sense when meeting someone… the internet can hide a lot of haters and whack-jobs. :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:37pm
  212. Omg, when are things like things going to stop.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 12:47pm
  213. OMG…horrifying.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:17pm
  214. Poor guy :( Why do ppl think it’s their business what a persons sexual orientation is??????? As long as it’s not pedophiles, it’s NO ONES BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:23pm
  215. damn to the attackers

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:26pm
  216. OMG That poor man..We so need tougher hate-crime laws!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:29pm
  217. The South will always be homophobic and stagnant. No progression.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:36pm
  218. Aaand this is exactly why you should always arrange these sort of meetings in open areas day time where there are lots of people around. I know this is still horrible and this poor guy didn’t deserve it… but I’m just saying, you need to be careful. Lot’s of sick psychotic bastards out there. :/

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:39pm
  219. What’s wrong with these people!!! I hope they get locked away and the key is thrown away

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:40pm
  220. Somebody should be beat to an inch of his life for this. Bastard.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:41pm
  221. Dana , I’m from the South and I agree with you.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:43pm
  222. idiottttttttt,teksas polis !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:((((((((((((

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:46pm
  223. for shame…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:52pm
  224. two words—pack heat

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:54pm
  225. i would rather explain for an hour why i had to shoot some fool, than spend two months learning to talk again in a rehab j/s

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 1:55pm
  226. The Kid who did this was 18 Years Old. This is Clear Proof we are still raising our Children to Hate. Society is still way off. God bless this Poor Man that got beat. Let this be a lesson to us all. Stop teaching Hate!!!!! God is not pleased. He made us all perfect in his own imagine. Let Folks be who they are without being judgmental, show Love and if you don’t agree that’s okay but keep it to yourself. I will be praying for this young man beaten and the world of Hate. Don’t meet anyone new unless it is in a public safe place!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:12pm
  227. - smh .. i live near that area in ft worth & it sickens me that people still act like this . we’re everywhere . get over it & live with it . i hate when they say “possible” hate crime when they know that it most definitely is one . Texas is still a hick state smh -.-

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:25pm
  228. God is not please? Please if there were a god this shit wouldn’t happen. And it’s the god fearing christians that are the guiltiest of parents who teach hate.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:26pm
  229. Where has humanity gone. My heart breaks for both the victim and the perp. Hate is evil.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:27pm
  230. Possible hate crime??!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:27pm
  231. Take heed friends, you need to be careful!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:38pm
  232. ALWAYS MEET IN PUBLIC, ALWAYS WITH A FRIEND OR 2.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:50pm
  233. Poor man!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 2:56pm
  234. So sad.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:12pm
  235. ”possible” hate crime and if he was black the fuckin’ redneck bigot who did this wouldve fried

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:13pm
  236. The reason so many gay people meet up online is the fact they get lonely and see that as their only way to meet people in this hateful nation. Although I wouldn’t I can see why so many do so.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:17pm
  237. Time for gays to get some guns

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:23pm
  238. That is so horrible. Hope he heals well.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:28pm
  239. We got big n heavy books of maths n other subjects but y not an equality subject is compulsory in schools….all around the world.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:31pm
  240. NOT PROUD TO BE A TEXAN!!!…Backwoods redneck mentality

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:31pm
  241. AGREED!!!

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:27pm
  242. This is certainly tragic. I'll say it again...This isn't about TEXAS. It happens EVERYWHERE. Texas also has an out lesbian mayor with a partner and children. She is serving her second term. How many places can claim that!?

Replied on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:03am
  243. Heartbreaking…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:58pm
  244. What the F*** is wrong with this country

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:01pm
  245. This is seriously so fucked up. I wish they took hate crimes more seriously in this country or anywhere for that matter.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:07pm
  246. THERE IS SO MUCH HATRED IN TEXAS !!!!! THEY’RE JUST EVIL !!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:09pm
  247. No reason or excuse for this behavior!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:12pm
  248. That is why I would rather Skype or Tango to see what’s up or go to a gay gathering to meet a partner.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:35pm
  249. Thanks for mentioning what town is was and where – too many of these stories just say “Texas”, as if the state were uniform – it’s not. In any case, hate crimes happen everywhere.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 4:55pm
  250. Sick.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:05pm
  251. This is what makes being a Texan suck! Im lesbian and n a very happy relationship. we get frowned upon sumtimes cuz we hold hands n public.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:22pm
  252. its a hate crime,plain and simple,not possible. <3

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:24pm
  253. Who ever did this should be prosecuted to the fullest extent!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:31pm
  254. This is why you don’t find a hook up online you never know what is going to happen.. Sad but it’s the truth.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:40pm
  255. This is ridiculous!!!! Do people not get it people donot choose to be gay they are born this way!!!! God loves us all. These people who hurt others obviously have issues with their ownselves .

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:40pm
  256. People are so screwed up these days

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:42pm
  257. So sad. Always be careful with who you meet online.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 5:45pm
  258. omg. :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:07pm
  259. What is this world coming to???

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:13pm
  260. U never know who you are going to meet on those phone apps.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:22pm
  261. Cowards!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:23pm
  262. Omg..ugh…im so sorry..God Bless you..

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:33pm
  263. this makes me so sad :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:36pm
  264. Laws don’t go far enough to punish those who violate other people.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 6:48pm
  265. mais quelle honte

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:02pm
  266. This is fucked…. WTF!?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:04pm
  267. Why can’t people just stop hating this sis so wrong!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:06pm
  268. Why is there so much HATE in this world.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:12pm
  269. This is so sad..this is a Hate Crime. People…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:14pm
  270. this is what happens here Forrest… when’s the last time you saw a report of this in the UK?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:16pm
  271. Stuff like this happens in the UK too. Not so much homophobia but racism.

Replied on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:17pm
  272. Sickening

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:17pm
  273. I is to bad that hate still out here.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:17pm
  274. Noone should be attacked because they’re gay no matter where they live. It’s always best to meet people that you don’t know in a public place. Even though that’s no guarantee either way of your safety.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:18pm
  275. Posible ? really ??

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:20pm
  276. poor sweet man. God Bless Him with a speedy recovery in body and spirit.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:21pm
  277. how terrible and sickening. people are so ignorant and hateful sometimes.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:33pm
  278. I am sick of hearing, “Crimes like this just doesn’t happen here” it did happen there and why did it happen? Crack down on hate crimes, teach your kids respect and in-still values. My son was taught all this at home and today he makes his mother proud. He respects everyone and passes no judgments on anyone, he is straight, mom is gay and he would never be like this punk that thinks he is judge and jury. My son would know he might just miss out on one of the best friendships by being a bigot. Thank you son for being a great kid.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:40pm
  279. Terrible

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:42pm
  280. A “possible” hate crime? Would it be “real” hate crime if the victim had been murdered?

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:42pm
  281. OMG, when will it stop.Prayers for this dear man

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:45pm
  282. Yeah, Texas males can be stupid too ! :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:51pm
  283. Gays are the new blacks.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 7:53pm
  284. OMG! I know this is a reality, but shocks me every time!!! BE careful out there, folks!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:07pm
  285. So sad…. we do need tougher hate- crime laws agreed…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:21pm
  286. He did not deserve this. Another reason no one, under any circumstances, should use a mobile app to meet a total stranger. This time it was a ploy to commit a hate crime, other times to commit rape or kidnapping. NOT SAFE.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:33pm
  287. Pretty obvious hate crime.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:33pm
  288. Hope the bigoted asshole gets life in prison for attempted murder. Oh wait a minute, Texas hates us so the jerk will be given a medal by Gov. Perry.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:49pm
  289. attempted murder, entrapment under false pretenses, the list grows and grows.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 8:54pm
  290. Horrible! How can folks that do this sleep at night! No human did this….a beast did this! Terrible!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:09pm
  291. Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:11pm
  292. Terrible and unacceptable.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:12pm
  293. wtf???

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:19pm
  294. WTF!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:23pm
  295. Evil

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:27pm
  296. No one deserves this.. Regardless of their sexual orientation!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:49pm
  297. This is horrible……

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 9:52pm
  298. Kur..aż wściekłość bierze na homofoboe

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:15pm
  299. I’m ashamed to be from Texas….redneck close minded assholes are everywhere

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:18pm
  300. SCREW TEXAS…. hate this place soooo much! I am so sorry this happened =( looks so painful

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:25pm
  301. Texas should apply gir Statehood in Russia… after Gays and Democrats leave of course…

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:25pm
  302. sad this happens to people i am pissed about this one

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:27pm
  303. Find the POS that did this and FRY EM !

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:38pm
  304. May they be accursed.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 10:48pm
  305. Yeah, yeah,”‘crimes like this just don’t happen in a town like this,” until they do, then what?? By god, be prepared to deal/prevent with it!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:01pm
  306. so bad :/

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:01pm
  307. This makes me sick no one should be beaten for being happy and comfortable in there own life I hope he recovers and still stands strong in his life and who he is gay men rock

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:02pm
  308. that sucks I want to beat up who did this

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:14pm
  309. this real wrong yes we do

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:14pm
  310. This is sad and sick. People obviously don’t realize it is 2013 and there are gay people… One of the reasons why I have “personal protection”

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:20pm
  311. I hate to say it, as I know how callous it will sound, but this man allowed himself to be lured to what could easily have been his death, simply for his burning desire to hook up for sex with a stranger.
    The rabid and violent anti-gay vigilantes are obviously taking a page from the violence happening in Russia, posing as gay men in order to lure gay men into ambushes.
    EXERCISE CAUTION. ALWAYS MEET IN BUSY PUBLIC PLACES, DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:28pm
  312. Guys, we have to be more careful. The last thing we need to be doing, especially in this day and time, is arranging to meet up with a stranger in a private place.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:34pm
  313. Some people are just FUCKED UP!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:35pm
  314. .ohh this ok to them but when “good Christians” get beaten up buy gay rights supporters they cry Foul and “oppression” if you don’t want to get beaten up DONT do it your self

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:38pm
  315. aww poor guy :(

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:46pm
  316. I do not understand the fear that fuels these attacks. If gays were assaulting people left, right and centre, then yes I would understand it but, it is always supposedly straight men doing the beating. Why do they need to hurt people this way? It does nothing to prove they are men rather, it proves they are scared little boys. When are they going to grow up and realise that you cannot “catch” being gay nor will beating someone half to death change their sexual orientation.

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:53pm
  317. POSSIBLE????????? OH YEA ITS TEXAS

Posted on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 11:59pm
  318. SO SAD!!! Sendin ‘ THOUGHTS PRAYERS, LIGHT, And LOTS OF LOVE!!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:08am
  319. Always Carry a Taizer, they wont “F” with you again !

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:13am
  320. This is Stupid. A Real Shame. what does it take for people to understand that This should Not Be Tolerated. Hate Crime.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:14am
  321. It’s horrible, but not surprising. Unfortunitely.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:47am
  322. Fuck them. i just can’t believe people being beaten for no reason. This happens all the time. I just wish this will be the last. Hope he will recover fast. :(

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:51am
  323. You’re right, thanks Debra!

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 1:45am
  324. *screams*

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 1:52am
  325. ABSOLUTE BULLSH#T how people justify baiting someone in order to brutally attack them.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 1:53am
  326. We don’t need ANY hate crime laws. This was a crime regardless of the motive. We need REAL judges handing out REAL sentences that fit the crime. Regardless of whether he was beaten by haters, a lover, or a group of random people, he’s still just as F’ed up and he still deserves to have the perps busted. Their thoughts don’t make him any more or less hurt, do they?

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:48am
  327. So, why aren’t we letting Texas secede?

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 2:54am
  328. If your gay, or perceived as a soft target, learn to fight, and protect yourself, sending light and love to this guy.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:10am
  329. This is god dang disgusting!!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 3:51am
  330. Just seems to be a lot more attacks these days. I’m sure all in the name of God.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 5:43am
  331. Not god just darkness

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:12pm
  332. And ignorance, thats what darkness is….apart from god, truth, jesus, light, love,…astral hell.

Posted on Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 12:14pm