Former ‘Satanic Drag Queen’ to receive ‘Ex-Gay of the Year’ Award

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Liberty Counsel’s Mat Staver won’t be the only person honored at this year’s Ex-Gay Awareness Month festivities. The event’s organizers, Voice of the Voiceless, announced today that a former “Satanic Drag Queen” will receive their “Courage Award.”

Trace McNutt said in an interview with ex-gay leader Christopher Doyle that he became involved in drag when he learned that “the rock stars and the royalty of the gay world were the drag queens” and as a result turned into “an alien, sexual deviant creation…satanic version of a drag queen.”

After battling drug addiction and homelessness, he realized that homosexuality was a choice and started attending church where “some of the most masculine, butchest men reached into my life and loved me.”

Watch:

© Right Wing Watch. An LGBTQ Nation media partner.

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. What?

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:13pm
  2. The Ex-Gay Awards should be given their own award for Least Prestigious New Award Show of the Year!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:13pm
  3. I spoke to him on FB a long while ago.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:13pm
  4. Their new poster child, I assume? Fuh-nee!!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:15pm
  5. LOL

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:15pm
  6. Ridiculous. Why even post this nonsense?

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:15pm
  7. that's the point, i think. because it is nonsense.

Replied on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:44pm
  8. take a look at that and tell me honestly we aren't better off with that NOT being linked with gay people

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:35am
  9. WTF??

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:17pm
  10. okay, what the actual fuck?! He must not have been gay to begin with. An no offence to all the drag queens out there but this guy looks like a fucking idiot.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:17pm
  11. Are these guys wives ex-lesbians?

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:17pm
  12. And I don’t “WTF” regularly .. so …

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:18pm
  13. “July is ex-gay month…that didn’t work, ok October….that didn’t work either, ok maybe January…damn. Ok, March…”

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:18pm
  14. Good lord. *smh*

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:20pm
  15. What a spoof! There should be no existence of ex gay awards coz there life is not as difficult as gays or transgender lives

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:22pm
  16. An ex gay? I must say tragic waste bitches makeup is FIERCE 100% serious too now we are minus are diva :/

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:22pm
  17. This makes my face hurt.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:23pm
  18. What a tool, and a very confused person. Its too bad he couldent be gay and not go drag crazy… not everyone is a deviant just because they are gay. Ex- gays are the worst hippocrites

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:24pm
  19. i’m glad he got himself clean but the poor guy has been brain washed… i feel bad for the men and woman who feel like they have to turn to this to have a happy and normal life.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:24pm
  20. What the hell is Ex-Gay Award anyway…? Is that like “OH LOOK AT ME I’M NO LONGER GAY!” No… No… It… It doesn’t work that way… This needs to stop…

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:26pm
  21. People that don’t love themselves always look for a scapegoat! There is no such thing as an ex-gay! Just a phase!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:27pm
  22. Sounds like a crock of crap. After seeing this post, I do believe it’s time for me to unlike this page.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:27pm
  23. you've got to learn to laugh at this kind of ridiculousness.

Replied on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:46pm
  24. They should call it the “I’m Back in the Closet” award. Ex-gays are just gays who couldn’t deal with the guilt & shame our society unfortunately lays on us. You have to be strong to be gay!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:32pm
  25. "You have to be strong to be gay!" SO true!

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:55pm
  26. That group of kids look queer as fuck.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:32pm
  27. I am un-liking this page because of this garbage. Being gay is NOT a choice. I was absolutely born gay and I can’t believe this would be shared. Stuff like this spreads ignorance and hate. You CANNOT choose to be straight, just like you cannot choose to be gay.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:32pm
  28. dude they post it to show how moronic it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replied on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:56pm
  29. The event organizers are called “Voice of the Voiceless” …What?

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:33pm
  30. Satanic drag queen? The “ex-gay” alone should be a giveaway the guy is full of it.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:34pm
  31. It wouldn’t really be a problem if it was a personal thing. I think what is wrong with this concept is that they are trying to push it as a solution for all gays. If the video was about how he chose his religion over his sexual desires, i wouldn’t care, but alas it was a “this decision made me happy so every has to do it” which I can’t really get behind.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:38pm
  32. I laughed & laughed, & kept watching for The Onion logo on the bottom of the screen but it never showed up, which made it even more hysterical.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:41pm
  33. I remember Trace saying that he wasn’t “straight” but just rejecting his homosexuality by not acting on it.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:45pm
  34. LMFAO!!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 10:52pm
  35. Wow! These people are in major denial and ignorance!!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:02pm
  36. Wtf? Ex-Gay awards? what is this nonsense?…

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:02pm
  37. Horse. Shit.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:03pm
  38. And I give this article my special dafuq-did-i-just-read award.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:07pm
  39. What a dumb shit! This is crap for news. I think I can get LGBT news issues elsowhere. Bub Bye.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:10pm
  40. dude they post it to show how moronic it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replied on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:57pm
  41. there are a lot of idiots on this page. good riddance to cindy, the intelligence quotient here just went up.

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:31am
  42. I don’t understand the negative reactions against reporting this on an LGBT page. The point is to show that there are still many wackos out there that think being gay is a choice. We need to call these assholes out when we become aware of them.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:33pm
  43. To everyone who’s been driven away: You should’ve known that they were shining a light of ridicule on Mat Staver’s awards, not promoting them!

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:34pm
  44. This is the biggest crock of bullshit I’ve ever seen. He lost his job, car, home and became homeless because he was a coke head who couldn’t function. Not because of being gay, I’m sure the same thing would have happened if he were straight, yes WERE because you are in fact…still gay. He obviously isn’t the picture of motivation, so no wonder why he lost all of his shit.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:37pm
  45. Well said!

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:54pm
  46. thank you

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:18pm
  47. If someone tells me they’re ex gay, I’m going to doubt their credibility in everything. It’s absurd, and another way of saying “I conform to everything YOU want me to be, I have no individualism”.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:41pm
  48. Yeah, it's like saying, "I'm ex-human."

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:56pm
  49. Ex-gay?? That’s a bunch of crap. There’s no such thing as an ex-gay, never has been, never will be. Those poor people are confused and need to listen to their hearts rather than the dumb idiots that are trying to make them conform to their belief of what is “normal”. I’m not gay and I say either you’re gay or you’re not, there’s no switching back and forth between the two extremes.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:44pm
  50. Satanic Drag Queen — about as ridiculous as a Congressional Mime.

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 11:48pm
  51. lol what am i loking at

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:05am
  52. As long as its the “ex” gay award..I’m in!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:06am
  53. Satanic!? Geez! Omg im out !

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:13am
  54. It’s sickening what these so called ‘ex gay’s’ proclaim. Absolutely, Harry…

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:58am
  55. So sad

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:39am
  56. Maybe they should have an EX-Pride parade.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2:12am
  57. I appreciate her taking that mess to the other side.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2:29am
  58. Thanks for the laugh :D dude lost everything from drugs not his sexual orientation. Some people just can’t take responsibility for their actions :P

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2:37am
  59. Good for him. If I am ever labeled ex-gay, it’s because I think I’ve changed the definition. To Extra Gay.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2:51am
  60. If that’s what makes him happy. Then let me propose this question…if you choose to be gay, then choose to be straight, that’s makes you fucked up not EX anything.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:05am
  61. LMFAO!!!! Give him a year or two and he’ll be right back in the fold. You can’t change what you were born to be. They simply have brainwashed him and his attraction to “some of the most masculine, butchest men reached into my life and loved me” will get him in the end. :P

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:08am
  62. This is the best part of all…..read this!!! Not even 10 showed up for this!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:09am
  63. Its okay for someone to make a “choice” to see opposite sex..it is NOT okay however to sit there and say its some kind of problem..like its a disease..they need help..that’s just..really? :l Also, I am pansexual and my family life was fairly normal, no abuse or anything..my mother was extremely loving and caring. I believe that someone IS born how they are..its not by choice..I just sorta evolved into who I am. I have always been different from others.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:11am
  64. wth ever, what a fricken hosk! you know this is just made up to make us look bad!!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:34am
  65. It takes courage to just be fine with who you are, not to hide behind fake redemption. You can’t be that far gone (satanic) and not scare the crap out of yourself. Let’s be real. That story is not over!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:16am
  66. no offense to any one but I think that ex-gay may be bisexuals in denial of their other half………. that’s the only way it makes any sense to me……………………………. be proud of who you….

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:20am
  67. W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R !!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:21am
  68. this is a person. and their testimony matters.

Replied on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:38pm
  69. whatever! what a fool! there is no satan!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 5:01am
  70. Why is this an award? Wtf is an ex-gay, a man that decided to marry a woman to avoid oppression?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 5:26am
  71. He was so off his head that he’s forgotten who he was.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 7:26am
  72. “It’s been proven you’re not born gay.” Pardon me, dipshit? What fucking planet do you live on? Scientists have proven a thousand times over that homosexuality is found in SO many species between male/male AND female/female across the Earth. Way to use a false statement to cover up being a hateful prick with no eyebrows.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 7:45am
  73. wut

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:07am
  74. Too bad… I like satanic stuff. Tragic that he became some dumb preacher…

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:53am
  75. Will this be televised?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:23am
  76. “then i realized that being gay is a choice” ha…hahaah…ha what??

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:07am
  77. this is just a bad joke…

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:13pm
  78. Ru Paul and Joey Arias should sue them.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 1:57pm
  79. This kind of thing sort of satirizes itself, doesn’t it?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2:27pm
  80. And the ex-gay award for the most obscure drag category got to . . .

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 3:02pm
  81. Yes, Tuffi it is his testimony and he is a person. He is, in a nutshell saying he “was” gay and turned to drag as an outlet and in turn made him get addicted to drugs and lose everything. DO NOT blame the gay/drag community for his demise in life. HE chose to do the drugs and in the end, THAT was what caused his life to fall apart. We all know that had he been “straight” his path would have been the same, a drug addict.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:25pm
  82. Ex-gay man= Person attracted to the same sex, but decides to either stay celibate and ignore their same sex attraction, or marry some love starved straight girl and fantasize about hot, sexy men while making love with said girl. If society did not make gay youth feel like freaks and sinners, drug use among these young gays would decrease substantially.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:30pm
  83. Gotta love idiots …. the guy was crying for attention from coming out the closet to be a satanist drag … and not to being an ex gay … he is getting what he wants attention … he is probably still sucking dick in a closet somewhere …. and all the bible thumpers are eating it up

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:59pm
  84. Im am ex straight man

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 5:05pm
  85. Are you serious?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 6:57pm
  86. Can I get a ex-black award from these guys?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 6:58pm
  87. “Utter nonsense” doesn’t even begin to cover it.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 7:10pm
  88. It’s obvious that this man has attention issues. He even stated that becoming a Drag Queen and made him the star he always wanted to be.Due to his drug abuse he probably had a failing Drag career! he was probably offered a position promoting his sexuality change and viewed this at another attempt for fame. FAIL!!!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 7:49pm
  89. she looks so fierce nd wicked …im lovin it

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:25pm
  90. I used to be gay,then I found out that gay and bisexual is the same so now I’m completely homosexual.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:34pm
  91. wtf seriously what a chunk of mental patients

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:54pm
  92. Its probably fake!

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:27pm
  93. priceless … as far as stupid goes that is

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:27pm
  94. I’m sorry, what did I just read?

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 9:56pm
  95. All people like this are doing is trading one addiction for another. That is the common thread with all “ex gays” that I have come across. Their “testimonies” are all the same. They grew up feeling “different” or were abused and in late teens or early adulthood turned into hardcore partiers with lots of sexual partners. When they decide to go through “therapy”, they find Jesus and THAT becomes the addiction. They’re still addicts. And delusional. I’d like to see this kind of “therapy” made illegal. They need treatment for addiction, not being gay.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:07pm
  96. Drag shows are to women and transwomen as the Minstrel Shows were to black folks.

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 10:41pm
  97. I’m sorry but there is no such thing as ex-gay. Sexual orientation cannot repeat cannot be changed. You can have therapy, you can have as much medical care body changes, etc. that you want done but orientation cannot be changed. It’s not possible.

Posted on Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 3:44am