The ‘Gay AIDS Ring’ video Pat Robertson and CBN don’t want you to see

BRIAN TASHMAN | Right Wing Watch
Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Christian Broadcasting Network has embarked on a total and frankly embarrassing cover-up of Pat Robertson’s statement Tuesday that gay people in San Francisco try to cut people’s fingers with special rings in order to infect them with AIDS.

After editing Robertson’s comments out of their online broadcast of the “700 Club,” and taking down their own YouTube video featuring the claims, CBN has now filed with a flimsy copyright complaint against Right Wing Watch’s copy of the video on YouTube, causing it to be temporarily removed.

That’s right, CBN is going out of its way to get rid of all evidence of comments made by CBN’s own founder, who even released a statement defending his assertions and insisted that he was once a target of a malicious gay AIDS ring plot. We have uploaded the video to Vimeo which you can watch here, unless CBN tries to take it down.

UPDATE: Vimeo pulled the video, but you can now watch it courtesy DailyMotion.

UPDATE II: A third party (we wonder who!) complained to DailyMotion and pulled the video, which you can find, for now, at Flickr.com:

This isn’t the first time that CBN has manipulated comments Robertson has made on the channel’s flagship show, The 700 Club. Last year, the network unsuccessfully attempted to edit out Robertson’s call for a man to move to Saudi Arabia in order to beat his wife.

It’s ironic that Robertson believes that gay people are trying to censor him with hate speech laws, when it appears that the only people trying to censor Robertson are his own staff at CBN.

As Steve Benen notes, “Robertson really shouldn’t say things on national television if he doesn’t want people to see them.”

While Robertson’s gay AIDS ring conspiracy theory is outrageous and absurd, it is also ridiculous that the television network Robertson leads is now on a mission to suppress comments that Robertson himself believes are accurate and truthful.

© Right Wing Watch. An LGBTQ Nation media partner.

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. all thats missing on this senile man´s head a SET OF HORNS

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:49pm
  2. He later clarified that it was just a small group of gay men who were trying to assassinate him. http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/08/pat-robertson-i-regret-that-you-dont.html

“There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.”

— Proverbs 6:16-19

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:50pm
  3. He is so misguided.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:51pm
  4. Hatemonger!!! Plain and simple!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:51pm
  5. his is sickening – some one ´up there´ should really just take him away form all this misery we inflict….

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:52pm
  6. this is sickening – some one ´up there´ should really just take him away from all this misery we inflict….

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:52pm
  7. Assassinate him? I´d rather seal him in a vat of his own filth.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:52pm
  8. He is an imbecile! Why is he not dead?

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:54pm
  9. This guy´s an idiot!!!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:54pm
  10. he´s crossed over to crazy-ville… time to get off the air, retuire mother fucker

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:56pm
  11. wellllll…wait idk if he meant to come off like that bc all I heard was an old man talking about something that he “heard” happened in SF and in the gay community….just like when we all heard someone was poking people with syringes infected with HIV…just bc we don´t like that its coming from his mouth doesn´t mean that its not possible that some asshole out there is sick enough to do this….I don´t particularly like him either but in this comment I don´t think he was in the wrong, he just commented on what he heard

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:57pm
  12. Congrats Pat. You´ve hit yet another all time low. No surprise right?

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:58pm
  13. This kind of cover up should be reported to the press…

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:58pm
  14. this man is a fucking idiot, and I hope he dies a very slow painful death from ignorance!!! the fucker.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:58pm
  15. He isn´t going to get sharper, just wackier.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:58pm
  16. Ha-Larious!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:58pm
  17. The thinks he is being kind after the shit he spreads about telling this woman she should not worry about getting aids and then turns around and says the lgbt people has passed laws where you can tell other people that someone has HIV/AIDS. Well Mr Asshole it is the HIPPA laws that say you are not to tell people if anyone medical history. It doesn´t matter if the person is HIV or has a damn hang nail. You are such an old fucking moron you need to be on life support instead of spreading your hate. I hope the SPLC classifies you as a hate group. You sure belong!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:01pm
  18. He´s definitely misinformed…..

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:01pm
  19. why doesn´t this guy go to be with his God! He says the most idiotic things!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:05pm
  20. hes a hater and an idiot

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:06pm
  21. He´s off in his own multi-million-dollar dream world….why would they (CBN) censor his words if they stand by him?

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:07pm
  22. He´s unlocked the vault of secret plans for the ´New Gay World Order´(NGWO)! He must be stopped!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:10pm
  23. Ok if this is true where is the proof

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:10pm
  24. This guy is absurd

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:11pm
  25. I still wanna fuck him in the ass ! :)

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:13pm
  26. He just likes to hear himself talk like many of his kind. The truth is not in his scope.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:14pm
  27. Ass!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:18pm
  28. Hating me will do him no good, only allow more hate into his heart instead of healing love. I won´t spend the time and energy hating him, only pity.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:20pm
  29. Here is the reply I received from Pat Robertson ( I complained to the 700 Club) It is kinda B.S. but here it is… Chris,

Thank you for sharing your concerns about Pat Robertson´s comments during the
    Bring It On segment of The 700 Club. We are including below a statement by Pat:

“I was asked by a viewer whether she had a right to leave her church because she
    had been asked to transport an elderly man who had AIDS and about whose
    condition she had not been informed. My advice was that the risk of contagion in
    those circumstances was quite low and that she should continue to attend the
    church and not worry about the incident.

In my own experience, our organization sponsored a meeting years ago in San
    Francisco where trained security officers warned me about shaking hands because,
    in those days, certain AIDS-infected activists were deliberately trying to
    infect people like me by virtue of rings which would cut fingers and transfer
    blood.

I regret that my remarks had been misunderstood, but this often happens because
    people do not listen to the context of remarks which are being said. In no wise
    were my remarks meant as an indictment of the homosexual community or, for that
    fact, to those infected with this dreadful disease.”

Pat Robertson
    Founder and Chairman, CBN

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:25pm
  30. 30 seconds. What an imbicil.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:31pm
  31. poor thing is crazy.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:31pm
  32. I have my ring on now , Come on breeders , I am gonna get ya…

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:41pm
  33. my god when Pat Robertson has another thought he should think about it and let it go.. He is one of the biggest IDIOTS in the world!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:55pm
  34. The man is an idiot!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:56pm
  35. A cover-up?? I thought his word was Gods word

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 10:57pm
  36. He is a waste of space.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:09pm
  37. This guy is soooo annoying ! He gives honest good ministers a bad name . Creflo Dollar- Please stay away from the preachings of this lunatic.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:16pm
  38. i´m disgusted

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:17pm
  39. Pat is the weirdest conspiracy nut ever.

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:17pm
  40. total nutjob! someone check his meds please

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:18pm
  41. I hope when I get to Heaven I have a window into HELL so I can Se Pat Robertson burn!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:19pm
  42. Is he related to Rev. Philips?

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:26pm
  43. dispicable

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:28pm
  44. Ha ha ha ha!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:28pm
  45. This senile old man needs to be taken off the air

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:29pm
  46. WTF Elizabeth!!??

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:32pm
  47. i wonder if someone took thier meds today

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:34pm
  48. Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:35pm
  49. Yes, go back to your church and continue to be ignorant. I really believe that´s the best thing. Ewwwwwwww…..

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:40pm
  50. Pat! Dude! You need to “gaan klim terug in jou ma se poes!” ASAP! Hol bossel!

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:40pm
  51. He needs a ring in his nose

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:40pm
  52. She still alive?!?!?!?!??

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:41pm
  53. that man annoys me….

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:41pm
  54. Once and idiot…. always an idiot. some things never change.. he is so old he should be …… under.. :P

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:42pm
  55. He is just pissed off that no gay guys find him attractive and it´s been 149 years since he got a blow job. Sour old bitch..

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:45pm
  56. He is an asshole and a jerk to boot, with a closed mind, I say Pat Robertson go Fuck your self

Posted on Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 11:56pm
  57. Do we know how long ago this was made because he seems VERY uninformed about AIDS! Nonetheless, I am sharing this in hopes that others will see this and hear this phony christian talk about the “Aids Ring” before his cronies pull it from FB!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:04am
  58. Time to retire Patty boy. You´re really getting dementia.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:13am
  59. YOU FOOL!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:18am
  60. I think Alzheimer´s is hitting Mr. Robertson…..

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:28am
  61. Absolutely beyond vile.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:34am
  62. Damn it. How´d he find out?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:36am
  63. he is still alive??

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:42am
  64. Again…I don´t understand why this evil man is not being sued for hate speech…or even emotion distress!!!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:02am
  65. Pat Robertson is demented! He lost what mind he ever had years ago!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:11am
  66. Theodore, westboro bapbtist church.. sorry about the spelling, it is very late in my day

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:26am
  67. religious beliefs are protected; can you sue him for stupidity?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:27am
  68. WBC must have told him… It´s past my bedtime

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:27am
  69. is it really necessary to continue to place this asshole face in our face constantly….I mean bad enough he has the things to say about us that he does but hes a troll…why do we have to look at him too?????????

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:31am
  70. The older he gets the more homophobic and ridiculous he becomes. What happened to LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. Oh that´s right, you can only do so if you believe and live exactly as I think you should. What bs.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:37am
  71. I would like to volunteer to take this old bird out of his misery.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:37am
  72. So they have nothing else they can do but to spread lies, huh?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:41am
  73. Gay ring?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:41am
  74. This man is no Christian so they should just not bother with him. Christianity is not a religion that promote brotherly hate, at least not as I understand it. What people have done in the name of Christ would probably make Him ill which may be why the words “Fogive them Father for they know not what they do”

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:41am
  75. How long before they admit to themselves that this man is senile?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:06am
  76. sinners are forgiven but stupid is forever. btw, if you are stupid in this world then go to heaven, does god make you smart there?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:06am
  77. He has CLEARLY been forced to work well into senility. Actually, it is quite sad that “we” haven´t “PUT THIS OLD DOG DOWN” but are making him ruin the reputations of the Christians that realise HIV and Homosexuality are not synonymous with True Evil. How about the lgbtqnation come-out PUBLICLY against this man, and all who publically support his views until he is given his walking papers?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:10am
  78. Oh hahaha! I don´t even kno why people even get all worked up and offended by these dipshidiots anymore cuz they´re quite comical and all they´re doing is showing their true colors and making our jobs a lot easier. LOL! Wow. They must have some pretty good drugs or something cuz the trippy shit they come up with is quite astounding. lol. Oh yes, we all have jewelry boxes just FULL of finger-cutting-off-rings now don´t we? LMFAO! Smoke some more buddy! The shit I have heard lately from the haters….well they make for some funny azz jokes when we´re all hangin out at the gay bars! LOL!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:23am
  79. I´m actually writing an opinion article about this for my university´s paper. He´s ridiculous.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:29am
  80. WOW and this guy represents God

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:35am
  81. Not even sure how to comment other then someone here is a “dumba**” really?????? omg

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:45am
  82. My prayers go out to him because he needs all the help he can get…. May the lord forgive him for he doesn´t know what he is saying….

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:48am
  83. Fake profits taking ur $$$$$

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:48am
  84. No he does not represent GOD! Well at least the GOD I know.. The GOD I know does not condone this type of behavior. Pat Robertson and others like him are bearing false witness of the Gay Community. Making up lies to cause more fear mongering since christianity is losing the battle on Gay Marriage and Gay Rights..

It is sad to see people like him and Byran Fischer and Fred Phelps of WBC and many many others who willfully lie cheat and deceive people to push their own biased uneducated opinions.

Was it not their own Jesus that said I give you two commandments (note they are not NEW commandments) But old ones we have heard from the beginning, Love GOD with all your heart and Love your neighbor as you love yourself. Upon these two hang ALL of the Law and Prophets. (Matthew 22:40)

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:50am
  85. Expose this asshole! Expose him!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 3:10am
  86. He´s still alive!?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 3:20am
  87. Why do people listen to such a liar?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 3:21am
  88. People should leave the stage while people are still applauding. Get a Grip you old Ass.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 3:21am
  89. R U SERIOUS?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 3:48am
  90. Clearly this man is mentally ill. Why isn´t he getting treatment?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:13am
  91. OMG My lungs hurt from laughing so hard. Oh and I didn´t get my ring, who do I have to ask?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:14am
  92. He forgot to take his medication AGAIN>>.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:16am
  93. Now I Respect My Elders But This Old Sack Of Shit Needs To Sit His Ancient Ass Down Somewhere. #WaistOfSkin

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:24am
  94. Well, I guess I must not be gay since I never got my AIDS ring in the mail.
    (*i do not think AIDS is funny, nor should it be a laughing matter)

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:37am
  95. What a fucking clown

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:38am
  96. why is this still a story? I´ve seen this numerous times over the last three days and STILL think dumbass Pat Robertson is a closed minded hate-monger that doesn´t deserve any more attention

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:43am
  97. Wow. I was.about to.say that I was impressed.with the logical.part of their response and.then he makes.up some crazy story. The Lord is fighting some crazies inside that man´s head. I think his cohost´s “oh really” was actually a wtf inside her head. Regardless of this, somehow I see some hope and hearts starting to change.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:47am
  98. Is it also a decoder ring?? :)

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:58am
  99. Moron

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 5:27am
  100. The good news is, Robertson will be dead soon. He´s already on my deadpool list. Once he is gone, I say that the word should be spread that he was old and had AIDS and was being driven to church by the woman that sent in that question.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 5:49am
  101. He doesn´t know anything about aids,so he should keep his mouth.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 5:52am
  102. Proving he has NO connection with America!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 6:01am
  103. Still an idiot.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 7:24am
  104. I agree with Herbert and one time my family one time considered him a family friend

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:07am
  105. even more insane with each passing day.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:12am
  106. Just when you think there is nothing crazier that some hater nut job can come up with, surprise, there it is.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:22am
  107. #Theocratic #Tyrannical #HetroSupremist #Bigot

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:40am
  108. What a turd!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:44am
  109. where do I get one

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 8:53am
  110. The man is senile and needs to be put in a home!!!!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 9:04am
  111. I just love how these nits say whatever they want, are rude and offensive and not to mention lying and then want to cover up their nastiness. At least have the guts to stand behind what you all say and think, no matter how much bullshit it may be. I won´t even go into how these same twits whine and cry when they are called out for their behavior…oh, woe is us, we are so persecuted. Utter asses.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 10:11am
  112. The last attempts of a sexually insecure man living in a world where we realize people “would choose to be gay the day you choose to be straight” … I don´t fret because he will be judged by God … just as I will be one day and I´m ok with it because I know God created everyone in His likeness … including me a Gay Christian.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 11:02am
  113. These will soon be sold on QVC, the popular Pat Robertson AIDS ring. What a lunatic. People still listen to this dinosaur?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 11:57am
  114. Shame shame on both Pat Robertson & CBN

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:00pm
  115. this man makes me sick just to look at him. He is some nerve to talk the way he does and has absolutely no knowledge of what he is talking about. GET HIM OFF TV NO ONE LIKES HIM BECAUSE HE IS A BIGOT!!!!

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:04pm
  116. jerk…

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:33pm
  117. Senile homophobic…

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:44pm
  118. WOW what a flipping ignorant moron

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:46pm
  119. Wow so ignorant

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:48pm
  120. exactly what drugs is this moron taking? E? Crack? Somebody oughtta slip him a Viagra to take with this Geritol

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 12:52pm
  121. just ignore him, guys, it´s not healthy to get worked up ~ besides he´ll pass away soon anyway

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:30pm
  122. If you watch it, it´s WEIRD, he says what is true, you can´t get AIDS unless it is transmitted through bodily fluids into another AND he encourages the women who had the issue to begin with to go back to church and leave it alone and then he comes out with this bizarre statement about the “rings” Alzheimer´s? Dementia?

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 1:34pm
  123. Robertson is the embodiment of evil.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:42pm
  124. I am not sure which of my rings is the one that produces aids…I´m checking though

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:59pm
  125. The old poop needs to be covered up–period.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:04pm
  126. I see the Aricept and Valium has lost its effect to his psychosis. Poor thing. I think it might be time to put him in a home.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:05pm
  127. Holy Hell! Why is this man allowed to talk? I actually think with all of his power and greed —-he is the Antichrist.

Posted on Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 4:15pm