New Mexico

Catholic school: Transgender student must wear girl’s graduation gown

Thursday, May 16, 2013

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A transgender student at a Catholic high school in Albuquerque, N.M., says he is has been told he must wear female student gown at his graduation procession, or not walk at all.

Damian, who identifies as male and had a legal name change last year, said he’s been told by the school that he must wear the white gown reserved for females, or not participate in the ceremony.

The St. Pius Superintendent told KRQE-TV that that the school goes by what the student’s birth certificate says if there’s any question on what gender-color they wear at graduation.

“I just want to walk in my black robe, nice and proud and have that memory to look back on with my family and friends,” said Damian. “I would rather not walk than to embarrass myself by wearing a female robe.”

Watch a report from KRQE-TV:

Damian’s father calls the school’s decision heartbreaking.

“All you want in life is to see your kids happy and healthy. You never want to see them suffer or being ridiculed or be made fun of,” he said.

A petition at MoveOn.org is calling on the school to allow Damian to walk for graduation in the male cap and gown. There is also a Facebook page, “Let Damian Walk.”

Archives: , , , , , , ,

Filed under: New Mexico

1. It would be the same as asking you to wear a woman’s gown, Zach. You’re being insensitive. You act like it’s really too much to ask for?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:04am
  2. ZACH: that’s so not fair to say. and a bit rude.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:05am
  3. it’s a catholic school? duh. so don’t walk. or wear the gown and walk. who cares? he’ll be out of there soon anyway.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:06am
  4. After 12 years of the hell called Catholic school, I would have to say I’m not surprised. It’s all about conformity and being a good little sheep.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:07am
  5. Picket time! Before graduation! Wear your pants proudly!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:08am
  6. Zach’s a troll. looks like he deleted his comment and ran away.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:08am
  7. Fucking Catholics…..

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:08am
  8. Over and over and over I hear these stories. Make me sick.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:10am
  9. @Zach Haberern: She is transgendered, what don’t you get ?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:10am
  10. It’s a privilege to go to a catholic school. That’s Y I pay the big bucks! If that child doesn’t like the rules there is public school. I tell my girls the have 18 & out of our house to look for. I’m all for gay rights!!! If they said kids couldn’t go there cause the parents are gay I would be rite there in the fight.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  11. bullshit

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  12. Im sick of all This Discrimination in schools…I will not walk in that graduation…But I will Throw a special Ceremony to honor HIS graduation….

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  13. wow jesus christ, is it really not that hard to just let him wear the black robe? this is why there just just be one uniform color for all tbh

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  14. Why don’t the school students swap their gowns, get all the guys to wear white and the women to wear black? I’m sure the students themselves could figure this out. Not to be rude, but if everyone did it, what could the school do about it?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  15. All that superintendent is doing is showing his balls (figuratively). If the staff, Faculty AND students call him and recognize him as Damien, then the super needs to listen. I mean, this is such a simple fix. But no. The super needs to get in the way because he doesn’t agree….Ugh….-_-

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:12am
  16. I believe this is wrong, but at the same time, he is in a Catholic School. I’m Gay and becoming an Independent Priest, I’m engaged to my boyfriend, and I’m a screaming liberal, but, he is enrolled in a Catholic School. They have their own guidelines, why is he in a Catholic School knowing the Church’s policies??? Now I’m not Roman Catholic but it’s an honest question, but, also, why did they admit a Trans student, when they knew that there’s going to be issues, both, either or, the School needs to just back off it and let him wear the male gown, I mean come on, always a fucking fight.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:14am
  17. To ignore the fact that there are transgender people is cruel and insensitive.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:16am
  18. skip the graduation. he doesn’t need the catholic church anyway

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:17am
  19. No, no, and No!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:17am
  20. Go to a different school. Let the Catholic school eventually make themselves look uneducated and fade away…Move on and be happy my friend. Hugs to you!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:19am
  21. I didn’t know there were girls and boys gowns, they all looked the same at my public school.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:20am
  22. it’s the “school policy”? — then change the stupid fucking policy, it serves no purpose whatsoever. What, why, so observers can identify from a distance who has what between their legs? The fact is, the the school is using the “policy” as an excuse to express disapproval of his being transgender.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:20am
  23. This is America. Wear what you want. Screw catholic rules!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:21am
  24. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Visit Let Damian Walk to see news articles and get the link to the petition to let Damian walk!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:24am
  25. Until rather recently all students wore the same gown. It’s not a “duh” it is something so wrong an 8 year old and a 14 year old created this page to fight it!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:25am
  26. I was told the same thing at my high school graduation.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:26am
  27. I really can not understand the obsession of some people.
    The Catholic Church does not give a dam about LGTB, that cult does not want to accept the LGTB community.
    Why in hell are some people begging to be accepted.
    Doesn’t that people have pride?
    STOP begging
    If you are in the need of belong to a church come on have the enough pride and dignity to be in a church that will love you for who you are.
    Give your money and time to a church that will love you.
    Leave the cult of the Catholic Church for G-d sake
    Please have more pride and dignity

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:26am
  28. this is bullshit. HE should be able to wear the fanciest tux in town to celebrate this accolplishment. this is why i left this group long ago due to their ignorance and intolerance. anyway:CONGRATS AND MANY HAPPY DAYS AHEAD TO YOU HUGS!!! from a bi member of the lgbt com.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:27am
  29. I’m of the belief that parents who send their LGBT children to non-supportive religious schools are participating in child abuse.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:27am
  30. They said they were Christians, I thought Christians were always supposed to do the right thing and show loving compassion. Of course, we are only 8 and 14 so maybe we don’t understand Jesus’s comment about “He who has not sinned may throw the first stone.”

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:29am
  31. “To thine own self be true” they aren’t! We are So Proud of you ;o) X

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:33am
  32. Don’t zip it up and wear a JOCK, Young Man!!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:35am
  33. that is stupid give him the gown he wants and chock down that mean pride while youre at it. i am a girl who likes boy clothes who doesnt like to be know as a girl so this is quite insulting that they’d do that to someone where is the justice in that. he doesnt want to wear it so dont make him

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:40am
  34. This is how religion works and it’s a damn shame. All Damian whats is to graduate with HIS classmates. We need to send a message to the school that discrimination against transgender individuals will NOT be tolerated.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:43am
  35. Yet another example of why people of good will need to walk away from hateful religions. I was only 4 years older than he is when I made that decision.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:44am
  36. *He

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:45am
  37. I HATEHATEHATE saying this, but he might have to forego the stage. The unfortunate part of the situation is that this is a private catholic school. He SHOULD be able to walk, but there is not legal reason the school has to let him wear black.
    Am I absolutely pissed that the school is denying him the black robe? YES.
    ETHICALLY, they should let him, especially since he’s dressed as and identified as Damian every day. The only legal argument the family MAY have it the fact that he hasn’t been asked to leave the school, before now. By keeping him enrolled and accepting him as a male and TAKING HIS TUITION MONEY, the family may have an argument against the girl’s graduation attire when he obviously hasn’t worn it for a while.
    It would be interesting to know what the daily dress requirements were and if he was asked to conform on a daily basis.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:47am
  38. I’m studying religion and psychology at college and I’m pretty sure Jesus is not going to be like, “Yo, you let this transgender dude wear a guys robe. Hell for you.”

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:48am
  39. They are at 570 signatures already! Keep up the great work!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:52am
  40. The only way people are going to change, is if we continue to speak out for change to be made. This is a great example for the schools to review their policies and make the changes needed so that ALL students are treated equally.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:58am
  41. A “Catholic” school… what was done to this kid was immoral, unethical and just disgusting. But the kid was in a Catholic school. WHY are we surprised by this? Why do we continue to subject ourselves to douchebags that wouldn’t know Christ he came up behind them and tapped them on the shoulder. The Church hasn’t been about Jesus or service to ALL people for centuries. The Church will never change in our lifetime. Don’t waste your life fighting… leave it, and move on.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:03am
  42. @Mellissa Savage, thank you! :)

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:41am
  43. But he attends school dressed as male so why deny him his walk at graduation?What is wrong with that school?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:41am
  44. If the other students & teachers are, indeed, sympathetic/empathetic, and the student is ok with it, might be good to go stand by the other grads but not walk. Sends a message of support for friends while also telling admins. they can;t force obedience or silence. BUT, ONLY if he feels comfortable with it.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:45am
  45. religion makes nuts

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:47am
  46. wear pants under the gown. a real man doesn’t give a crap about such things. Catholics are a monster operation. do it, get out, and don’t look back!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:57am
  47. No, no, no. Just cut the white gown right up the middle, wear the black under then rip it off right before he gets this hands on the cirfticate.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:58am
  48. Velcro it

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:59am
  49. That is unacceptable, if he was born the wrong gender, he in this case can change it for the “better”. Just because he was a girl does not mean he has to wear a girl’s gown. People need to understand who he is now, and not what he was in the past. What happened to his rights?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:12pm
  50. That is so hateful…

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:15pm
  51. How sad…

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:30pm
  52. Really, I am empathetic but why in the hell is this person in a Catholic school? If the parents are supportive, and they seem to be, why would the family even consider this school…or this religion?????

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:44pm
  53. Have him wear the male gown under the female gown and after he gets the diploma firmly in his hand, have him shed the female gown, and walk down in the correct gown of the gender he is proudly showing his diploma to his family and friends. What are the dumb ass school officials going to do? Take bck the diploma? Hopefully, he’ll be fast enough to hand it to a family member to hold it safely for him. He’s participating in his legal right to protest and express himself as he see himself!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:50pm
  54. Why are there even different robes in the first place? Deliberately introducing boundary work about sex/gender with graduation robes is ridiculous. Everyone deserves to be included and accommodated. Just give everyone the same robe design and be done with it.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 12:54pm
  55. Messed up!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:14pm
  56. my transgender senior does as well- no big,there will be a suit and tie underneath

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:26pm
  57. and goes to a all girls catholic hs.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:27pm
  58. He’s in a Catholic school because that’s where his parents sent him. Don’t blame him for his parents’ decisions.

Good luck with your ordination! =)

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:43pm
  59. sigh…. let him have that black gown… no matter what!!! get on with it !

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:48pm
  60. WTF! I knew Albuquerque was a little backward but God, wake up and be human!!!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 2:34pm
  61. Well… -sighs- I hate to say it, but it IS a religious school. While I’d love to see them bend… They have their right as a religious institution. If they want real change, get the kids at the school to boycott the graduation with him.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 2:51pm
  62. I reckon he should just turn up in a black robe anyway

to hell with their religious agendas, move with the time or be left behind

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 2:55pm
  63. That’s just shameful they can make him do that.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 3:54pm
  64. This is only an issue because the school (which most certainly knew this student was transgender) decided to pick one last fight with him. It sucks but I can’t really say I’m surprised. The Catholic church gets less relevant all the time. And less interesting. I doubt this is the first opportunity they have taken to make this kid’s already tough life even tougher. As a survivor of this system myself I know first hand what anyone outside the mainstream is up against. I can only speculate as to his parent’s reason for keeping him there but I will say this: if he can survive Catholic school he’s tough enough to take on anything he needs to. Good luck! And remember; high school is almost over. You’ll find that life afterwards is wonderful indeed. I think you’re going to be just fine. Be happy!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 4:01pm
  65. Hah hah you’re a Catholic! I gave that BS up 40 years ago. Fool.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 4:07pm
  66. and what if he does wear mans gown? they going to shoot him? his parents should escort him up there and walk him across together! he strip off the white girls gown and have the boys gown underneath!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 5:57pm
  67. ugh

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 7:26pm
  68. OMG if it is that serious don’t walk across their stage for shits sake. You have two choices option #1 you follow their program or option #2 stay your ass home.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 8:05pm
  69. Fuck the Catholic Church!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:18pm
  70. ive never noticed a difference in the gowns for men or women in any graduation

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:18pm
  71. it’s a catholic school, what did you expect. people to look from their “holy book” long enough to see other’s have feelings? pff

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:18pm
  72. thats bull shit

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:19pm
  73. What do they think is going to happen?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:19pm
  74. @donna-right on! sobs wtf!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:20pm
  75. Shit.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:20pm
  76. I’d tell the Catholic school to sod off.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:20pm
  77. they are a catholic school they follow their own rules they dont follow that of public schools

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:20pm
  78. Why are GLBT people paying money to attend a private school where they are discriminated against?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:21pm
  79. He is a BOY. So that is so un fair that he has to wear a girl’s graduation gown. That’s majorly DISRESPECTFUL !!!! I’m shocked. >:(

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:22pm
  80. Not fair. At my sons public school graduation they wear gender identifying robes as well. He even asked what would happen if he wanted to wear red instead of black. They said he could choose. I’m sorry this school isn’t that tolerant

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:22pm
  81. thats so lame, I can relate being an FTM myself, I cant even get a job because my drivers license doesnt match what gender I present. It totally sucks and I am on disability because of it. I have trouble finding volunteer jobs let alone paying ones. I cant change my drivers license till I can afford surgery which seeing as I cant find a job and am on disability is going to be a long time away if ever.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:24pm
  82. quit the school graduate from another one time

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:24pm
  83. religion strikes again

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:25pm
  84. he doesnt have to walk at all to get his diploma I dont think you have to participate in the ceremony to get your diploma.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:25pm
  85. Just show up in a black gown. Surely they won’t say a word.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:25pm
  86. very good question Barry

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:26pm
  87. Damian has the right to wear what he wants, weather he is transgender or not he has that right a human being! “Not these sick religious organizations that are still in the 1600′s — I support his right as a person.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:27pm
  88. tell them to F off and wear a pair of shorts…

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:28pm
  89. I very much doubt that parents are going to care what gender the graduates are…damn.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:28pm
  90. Because it’s probably a better quality education than what he’d have in the public system. Sad but true

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:28pm
  91. Keep showing your bigotry, Catholic institutions!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:29pm
  92. Could be but I still think it is not worth it. Also being a private institution they can legally discriminate against him. Maybe graduate from high school and go away to a good college..High school is not the end all be all. Just my thoughts!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:29pm
  93. While I concur this is crap…it’s not like the Catholic Church has previously displayed any love for us LGBTers before!
    Another example of intolerance from the pedophile church of the crusades!!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:30pm
  94. or maybe finally came to terms with his sexual identity after he was all ready attending the school???

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:30pm
  95. Dislike. Poor boy.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:30pm
  96. The question is not why are they paying money, it’s why are they being discriminated against? It seems a bit hypocritical to me. Jesus wore a dress didn’t he?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:30pm
  97. personally I would not attend their bigotted graduation ceremony.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:30pm
  98. or go commando and bare ass teh clergy after you get your diploma!!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:31pm
  99. When did they get different sexes graduation outfit? I’m sorry man. We had the same one for both sexes. But in all seriousness I was forced to go to a religious school and I left it. Please trasn kids and parents of trans kids don’t send them to a religious school. It’s just setting you kid up for this kind of insanity. I wish you luck though just nod and smile then wear what you want what can they do really?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:32pm
  100. Just saw this on our local Albuquerque evening news. I don’t get why there have to be different colored gowns for boys and girls to begin with.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:32pm
  101. Time to get an attorney

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:33pm
  102. Fuck that shit! If it were me, they could mail me my damn diploma. Yeah, it’s high school graduation but there’s bigger and better things to graduate from. They can kiss it.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:34pm
  103. Let Damian walk!!!!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:35pm
  104. Their parents are likely the ones paying.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:38pm
  105. I agree but they are a private religious institution and can do it! So don’t spend money there..Just my opinion!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:38pm
  106. GLBT*Q

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:44pm
  107. did anyone saying “I thought they had the same robes for graduation” READ the article?

“Damian Garcia is a senior at St. Pius X High School, where at the graduation ceremony, the girls wear white gowns and the boys wear black.”

SECOND SENTENCE!

personally, I’d just tell the school to stick it in an envelope and mail it to me. then spend the time I would have been there doing somethig fun in celebration (amusement park or something) screw them

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:48pm
  108. I would wear whatever the fuck I wanted. Make sure that it is even a rule first…if its not, theu cant say shite. This may be the first time anyone has requested the other gown…may not even be in the handbook and some crazy bitch nun just decided against it

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:48pm
  109. disgusting

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:51pm
  110. God can see through the gown.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:58pm
  111. I hope this young man knows that no matter how he walks that one evening will not define him for the rest of his life. Best wishes to all the young ones finding theirselves.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 9:58pm
  112. what crap!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:08pm
  113. very true, the views of the catholic church are no secret so yeah why support an institution that is based on discrimination as a matter of policy?

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:13pm
  114. Why the hell is therec different colour robes for different genders in this day and age anyway? I hate being forced to wear a certain colour because of my gender. My Being born in a female body I would so love to have my period that day.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:19pm
  115. where is the outrage that this student was forced to go to a school where students are told that gay men and lesbians are worthy of death?
    Where it the outrage that the school he went to is connected to the genocidal cult of Catholicism that funded Prop H8 and all the gay bashing bully pulpit marriage inequality ballots?
    Where is the outrage that this Jesus Freak school is named for a Pope connected to Hitler
    So what if this boy has to wear a white gown – he went to a school connected to genocide – where is THAT outrage

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:31pm
  116. High schools need to be like colleges and do ONE color! It is simpler and would work for everyone. Despite Damian’s story (which is tragically unfair) it is sexist and just wasteful to have multicolored gowns based on your sex (not gender or this story wouldn’t be happening). I’m sure Damian attended this school before he came to terms with his gender identity and did not want to leave his friends and education or his family did not want him to leave. But I think in general it is true that they can discriminate but really these “institutions” need to stop this BS against children. Really.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 10:42pm
  117. Complete bullshit. I wear what I wish, as long as I don’t look silly in public.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:03pm
  118. This is f’cked up!

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:15pm
  119. They discriminate at all schools, private and public alike. Don’t blame the person being discriminated against.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:16pm
  120. What you do to the least of my brothers you do onto me must not apply in this case.

Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 11:34pm
  121. Plenty of outrage to go around. Getting outraged at Catholicism seems like being angry that the ocean is wet; outrage for outrage’s sake isn’t productive. One walks away from all that at the first opportunity. This young person should be proud of who he is and find creative ways to choose his battles going forward. Quixotic opposition will get him nowhere; creative opposition provides the possibility of success. Rise above the ecclesiastical pettiness by being proud of your chance to make a choice that protects you to fight productively many new days ahead.

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 12:05am
  122. Nobody is blaming the person…better to go to a place that might offer more safety and respect. At least public schools are trying to get better. Not at private Catholic Schools!

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 2:02am
  123. Screw that! If I were him I would go the way I want to…and bring some media with to get it all on the news. This is why I can’t stand this state to state voting of LGBT rights! We need discrimination legislation that covers the entire LGBT community across the nation.

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:18am
  124. really? Wtf does it matter? Is it really going to make a difference? **facepalm** then they wonder why 1, organized religion is going to shit 2, the school system is going to shit. times are changing… better keep up or you’ll get left behind

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 4:20am
  125. doesn’t matter whether or not it is a private or public school we are discriminated against not matter which institution we attend.

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 6:52am
  126. Ahhhh! The Ecumenical Catholic Communion! What a wonderful way to be Catholic! Where diversith is celebrated and everyone is free to be who they are! http://ecumenical-catholic-communion.org

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 8:05am
  127. The school should respect this young man’s rights. He is a male and the school has no right to demand that he wears the graduation gown of a female. This is a blatant example of discriminate.

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 8:14am
  128. I know there are better ways to handle a situation like this…but…I’d like to have a little fun. SO, I’d simply run up and down the stage while wearing a chicken suit. Knock a few things over. Act like an awesome, crazy lunatic, then leave like nothing ever happened.

Posted on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 9:14am