Linda Harvey: Gay marriage will teach kids to enter into gay relationships

KYLE MANTYLA | Right Wing Watch
Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On her daily radio commentary on Monday, Linda Harvey of “Mission America” sought to understand and explain why marriage equality won at the polls for the first time in last month’s election, and the best she could come up with was that gay rights activists are skilled at misleading people while anti-gay activists just haven’t been blunt enough about the threat that homosexuality poses to our society through encouraging kids to become gay … or something:

Linda Harvey

The homosexual lobby is skillful at manipulating public sympathy by tugging on heartstrings while not telling the whole story. Our side sometimes plays right into their hands by also not telling the whole story, even when we get the chance.

[...]

Until we deal with the core issue – the behavior of homosexuality – it was probably only a matter of time before our side would lose a few races. We need to get to the real problem. Homosexual marriage is wrong because two men together or two women is intrinsically disordered, the behavior is unnatural. These aren’t activities that are beneficial or healthy. Homosexual marriage is wrong because homosexuality is wrong.

There’s significant dangers to our youth in this. One thing our culture does not want if it wants to survive is to have its youth corrupted and this is happening in oh so many ways now, and homosexuality is one more. And here’s how it works with homosexuality: since no pregnancy threat exists, some people think there’s no reason to prohibit behavior in the young, even the very young. Those who acknowledge no authority from God, who find innocence threatening, are targeting our youth with these messages for some reason.

When are we conservatives going to get serious about making a case to prevent the corruption of kids? And that’s one of the big reasons why homosexual marriage is wrong: because the young are raised on the mores and traditions of the adults and if same-sex marriage is accepted, then children will begin to consider dating and forming relationship in these very different ways; ways that will be very destabilizing to many of them and to our society.

© Right Wing Watch. An LGBTQ Nation media partner.

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. can we just start by saying this: lets eliminate all idiots of the world please.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:46am
  2. and all of those straight people i saw making out and having sex when i was growing TOTALLY convinced me to be straight……NOT!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:49am
  3. Kinda like racist adults can teach kids to be racists,prejudice,sexist AND THE LIST COULD GO ON FOREVER!!
    SMH
    Enough live and let live!! THE END

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:49am
  4. She has no real power….be gone!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:50am
  5. Whatta dumb bitch….

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:50am
  6. Well Linda Harvey, either you do or you don’t. It’s not learned behavior. When will these people get it? There is nothing to be cured…either you are or you aren’t!!! Shes just another idiot who talks out of her asshole….ugh.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:52am
  7. she went full retard

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:52am
  8. You don’t say! Gay kids will end up in gay relationships…

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55am
  9. hmmm did she say that the young learn things from adults? hmmm so two loving people would be damaging? but lets let em be with kkk or other rightwing groups cuz they are adults, they don’t like homosexuality………they teach hate but I guess that’s okay because they have str8 relationships

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55am
  10. no shit XD

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55am
  11. @Timmika, I wish it was the end but as long as there are people with mindset of Ms. Harvey, there is work to be done. She needs to understand that sexuality is inborn. There is no teaching kids to enter into gay relationships. Gay relationships are a product of two men or two women who have fallen in love with each other despite society OR religious folks who act like God wrote them a special message that didn’t get to the rest of us. The issue is that religion/faith shouldn’t have ANY place in the argument. We are a nation that was founded by Christians, Deists and other types, we are NOT a Christian nation despite Ms. Harvey and her ilks assertions.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55am
  12. What a bloody idiot.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:55am
  13. stupid whore…

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:57am
  14. I love the idea of my children being more open to love than I’ve ever been able to be.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:59am
  15. Uneducated people like this really need to just shut their mouths.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:00am
  16. news flash – you can catch it or learn it, bitch.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:02am
  17. Um…IF they’re gay, sure that would be a gay relationship, or if the kids are straight, a straight relationship… stupid bitch

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:02am
  18. Some woman broke her heart….which explains why shes so angry….smh IGNORANCE!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:03am
  19. can’t ***

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:03am
  20. Oh yes, because legal institutions have always directed what goes on in the hormones of kids….thought you conservatives wanted LESS government, not more….very confusing

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:04am
  21. I am a christian that grew up in a long line of roman catholics, but I believe that love is love and that’s that love has no gender and how can christians look down on love when its such a beautiful thing:)

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:04am
  22. These intolerant, closed minded, religious nut jobs (not implying anything to anyone who doesn’t meet all three criteria simultaneously) are the ones who make me wonder why people view religions as a good source of moral code when it teaches you to hate certain people because of what they think, who they are, or any other victimless “crime”

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:04am
  23. yup, my nieces and nephews have been around me being open since they were kids and even has met one of my partners. oh, non of them are gay; i guess being straight wasn’t a choice.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:04am
  24. I would despair and get angry but her hate just isn’t worth it… Would rather love my boyfriend with all my heart which I was never taught but have learnt to care, appreciate and understand my partner not for what they are but for who they are…

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:05am
  25. Plus her statement is just moronic rhetoric without any consideration of the wider world outside her pathetic idiotic brain. It’s these kind of people who breed internalised hatred within their children who hurt others because they were different. How can we teach kids to not hate difference when people like her get her hateful views disseminated across the airwaves.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:09am
  26. And it’s people like this that make children godless hater… What do you think is wrong with the world now???

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:13am
  27. Perhaps it will teach them that they can love one another

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:16am
  28. Like I entered into a straight marriage! Give me a break. BS bigoted crap!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:16am
  29. Oh, PLease!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:18am
  30. how?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:20am
  31. So what?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:21am
  32. She now gets my Slap in the Lips Award!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:22am
  33. how is that possible?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:25am
  34. I’m a lea

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:26am
  35. BS all my gay or lesbian couples friends teach there children to be themselves and explains straight and gay lifestyle.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:29am
  36. And even if that’s true it none of your damn business You assclown!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:30am
  37. Hahahahahahaha….i love reading about these perceptions. My daughters were raised in a gay household and are both straight with male partners. However they certainly did learn some important things growing up:everyone gets a spin on this earth, dont judge, be kind and if you cant be kind then keep your thoughts to yourself, like or love people for their goodness, dont bully or stand by and not help someone being bullied, be a positive element in the world, and enjoy life. No child is born homophobic. I wish I could have raised Linda.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:32am
  38. Forget what I should wrote …. gay or straight as long as your happy nothing else matter! Hater are going to hate,

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:38am
  39. All I can say is. . . so.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:41am
  40. Huh? How in the hell does she connect gay marriage with kids entering into gay relationships? If they are gay kids then they will enter into a gay relationship, period, end of sentence. I can almost accept if people have a problem with homosexuality because of their religious beliefs but this is just plain ignorance at it’s finest.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:42am
  41. This is all because people are very ignorant on the why do homosexual exist. THEY DON`T GET IT. They think its learned not in nature. So this is common coming from people who fear or have fears of the unknown. They are kinda dumb because the same can be said for str8 marriage makes str8 kids BUT IT DOES NOT! Because gay kids come from str8 marriages so she makes no sense at all. But make no mistake there are many ignorant people who believe what she says. Thats just a sad fact of life IGNORANCE.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:48am
  42. heh I WISH gay marriage would teach kids to enter into gay relationships!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:49am
  43. FB needs a dislike button. Or for articles like this, a “if you’re going to be an ignorant dumbass, I can be too” button. Thank you for sharing this, it’s important to remind people there are many people who share this viewpoint. (Pencil in dislike/dumbass button.)

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:56am
  44. What??? Now, I’ve heard it all!! Get your facts STRAIGHT, Linda Harvey!!!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:00pm
  45. SO clueless!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:09pm
  46. bitch

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:13pm
  47. Idiot

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:13pm
  48. God I wish I could be gay just on purpose just to fk with there minds. I would never want to be a part of such str8 hate for other human beings. This is an utter disgrace of the human race to have such a person represent str8 people. I would die before I ever say something so damaging about another group of people and cause so much hate and intolerance in their lives. How horrible I would be. I will never stand with such people and I will go down fighting them to the death and when I see Jesus Christ reaching for my hand to stand up in his grace on the other side I will know he choose love over hate he choose who the person is and not what they are I am a gay Christian. NO matter what peoples perception of a book or how they interpret it they have no right to harm anyone else mentally physically or any other way in this free country.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:24pm
  49. Well, Duh! Relationships are Such Horrible Things Anyway.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:27pm
  50. Damn right it will teach kids to get into gay relationships!! The gays rock Linda!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:27pm
  51. How ignorant…it’s called nature you heartless woman. You’re going to love whom you love, and have sex with whomever you’re attracted to. Sorry nobody loves or is attracted to you Ms.Harvey.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:34pm
  52. They will enter a gay relationship because they’re GAY U STUPID BITCH!!! Don’t talk about what u don’t know.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:35pm
  53. sorry but.. NO WAY wake up lady

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:40pm
  54. Linda Harvey is obviously a closet lesbian.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:23pm
  55. Linda, did you know that if you hang out with blue eyed people long enough… your eyes will turn blue. It’s also written that if you hang with left handed people… the odds of you becoming left handed (if you’re not already) are within weeks… On the serious side… You have to be one of the silliest people I know of.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:23pm
  56. Ummm……….duh, lady, just duh.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:24pm
  57. It will teach them they have the right to be who they are and live how they were born to be and not conform to someone else’s idea of who they should be. Empower the world. Marriage equality now!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:24pm
  58. Of course NOT. What a dumb thing to say!

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:52pm
  59. Um…Lady have you lost your marbles! Kids should know about Equal Marriage Opportunities because those who are in these relationships should be able to marry each other and not stay in the closet and be outcasted by society to the point of suicide…..Thus kids must be educated on this issue…..Thank you sincerely a concerned Gay citizen

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:53pm
  60. Yes, of course, because we all know kids are too dumb to choose a relationship according to their desires (sarcasm). It makes perfect sense! Linda, crawl back under your rock. The only thing it will do to kids is making them more respectful toward people who are LGBT. It might also help LGBT kids feeling accepted as equal by their peers.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:56pm
  61. Is this hater still talking? I’m sure there are plenty of skeletons in her closet

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:56pm
  62. man she one to talk she looks like a ugly ass drag queen (no offense crossdressers)

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:59pm
  63. Fun fact, after hanging out with gay people my entire life, I still like boys. Mindless followers like you might think of identity as something helpless, lady, but the rest of us are individuals.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:43pm
  64. To be out and proud.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:57pm
  65. Why is this woman so filled with Hate? Can you imagine how miserable this woman is everyday of her life?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:03pm
  66. I don’t think sexual orientation is teachable. &-{/}

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:23pm
  67. Gee.. I hope so, I had to figure it all out for myself that it was okay.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:25pm
  68. so sick of stupid people.. someone slap her for me

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:02pm
  69. better that they learn it this way than in some back alley.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:06pm
  70. yes you are right Gay healthy ones. Not a fake marriage married to a separate sex person who they are not attracted to.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:41pm
  71. Does she really have a brain?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 5:20pm
  72. I discriminate Linda Harvey, and only Linda Harvey.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 6:08pm
  73. Better being in a gay relationship than a heterosexual one where one of the parents kill their own kids… all too common these days, don;t ya think?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:13pm
  74. Children are smarter sometimes then adults like Linda Harvey.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 8:00pm
  75. If your parents sexuality determined your own no one would be gay.

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 10:26pm
  76. Twilight encourages young girls to get into relationships with old, abusive, controlling stalkers and get knocked up at a young age, but no one is doing anything about that, are they?

Posted on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:02pm
  77. Posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 4:13am
  78. Bull! What a blowhard.

Posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 4:31am
  79. Oh lady of so little knowledge.

Posted on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 9:13am