Chick-fil-A VP of public relations dies unexpectedly of apparent heart attack

Saturday, July 28, 2012

ATLANTA — Don Perry, the chief spokesman and Vice-President of Public Relations for fast-food chain Chick-fil-A, died Firday morning of an apparent heart attack.

Perry, who had been with Chick-fil-A for 29 years, recently found himself embroiled in a massive public relations debacle brought on by remarks made two weeks ago by the chain’s chief executive officer Dan Cathy.

Don Perry

In a statement released Friday morning, company executives said:

“We are saddened to report the news to you that our dear friend Don Perry, vice president of public relations, passed away suddenly this morning. [...] He was a well-respected and well-liked media executive in the Atlanta and University of Georgia communities, and we will all miss him.”

The news comes as Chick-fil-A faces increasing calls for boycotts among politicians and activists after Cathy expressed his opposition to same-sex marriage, and the revelation that Chick-fil-A had donated millions of dollars to anti-gay organizations.

“I think we’re inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, you know, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes marriage,’” Cathy said in an interview on The Ken Coleman Show last month.

Perry had been speaking on behalf of the restaurant chain in efforts to contain the damage to its reputation caused by Cathy, and last week helmed the company’s official response to the controversy, issuing a statement that the company’s intent going forward was “to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Perry, who joined Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A in 1983, leaves behind a wife, three sons and a grandson.

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. Wtf! That’s crazy!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:38am
  2. I thought the earth smelled better today

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:39am
  3. Perhaps it is a sign from his god? ;)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:39am
  4. Karma?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:39am
  5. Probably had one too many chicken sandwiches.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:39am
  6. too much fried chicken

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:40am
  7. Chick-Fil-A diet.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:40am
  8. Someone wrote his name in a death note?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:41am
  9. Karma.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:41am
  10. you reapeth what you soweth

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:42am
  11. put that stressful situation directly in cathy’s hands

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:42am
  12. What Goes Around, Comes Around (: #KARMA

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:43am
  13. Dislike Chick-fil-A’s policies, but RIP…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:43am
  14. Ate too much tasty homophobic chicken…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:43am
  15. I’m not crying

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  16. I pray for his family!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  17. While I may disagree with their stance on equality, we should not rejoice in the death of anybody… Feel sorry for his family.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  18. U killa de chikenz, de chikenz killa u, beech.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  19. dont wish death on anybody but its not nice to fool with mother nature

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  20. I suspect fowl play.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  21. That deep fried hate did him in.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:44am
  22. U killa de chikenz, de chikenz killa u, beech. ;0P

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:45am
  23. Not rejoicing, just saying Karma’s a bitch.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:45am
  24. I don’t wish dead of most of my enemies, but Karma’s a bitch

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:45am
  25. You kill the chickens, the chicken kill you……….that`s kinda a karma thing is`nt it ? Divine revenge, revenge of the fowel……….whatever.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:47am
  26. =O

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:47am
  27. ..and when get to Hell, Please give Jerry Falwell out “Warmest” Regards!!!!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:49am
  28. RIP. with all the stress he’s been under lately it’s no surprise.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:49am
  29. Ok i dont isually laugh @ death but hhahahahahahahahaha, its kinda funny.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:49am
  30. it ain’t karma unless it falls on Dan Cathy.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:50am
  31. - Most likely, considering his particular position, he was fatally assaulted by the stress of a media backlash he could not still nor control. “Public relations” operations can’t put this cat back in the bag, the escaped horse back in the stable, etc. No way he could do successful damage control with this big of an issue and this much public scrutiny and outrage – that battle is thoroughly lost, and consumers are starting to fight back not just against this company but every other corporation that takes their business gladly/for granted and then stabs them in the back politically.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:51am
  32. I am saddened by the passing of ANY Human life. It DOES seem ironically Coincidental to the statements of Mr. Cathy and his hate mongering…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:52am
  33. Wow. There is some viscous hate being spewed here. Look in the mirror people. What have we as a group become? For all we know, this man could have personally been a supporter of ours caught between a rock and a hard place being forced to defend his company’s CEO. He could have been a man just supporting his family in a job and company that he held for decades. The mama has died and left behind a family. Show some respect for the dead and his family. I may not support the company that he worked for but can certainly wish that he R.I.P.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:53am
  34. Karma…Guess you shouldn’t put words in God’s mouth…He might decide a face-to-face is needed.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:54am
  35. Ahh now! This man did nothing wrong other than take a job in a company who’s boss is a prick. My heart goes out to his wife and children. RIP

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:54am
  36. Karma a bitch

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:55am
  37. “We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that”. – Dan Cathy, President & CEO of the Chick-fil-A Restaurant Chain.

Dear Dan – You claim to uphold the “Family unit” as is outlined in the Bible. Really? Do you participate in a concubine? Do you condone a man’s right to stone his wife to death if he finds she isn’t a virgin upon his wedding night? These and more are outlined in your bible, where marriage is concerned.

You don’t get to pick & choose your religious life instructions from your Bible. If one is valid, then they are all valid. To claim marriage is “Between a man & a woman”, period, because that is what your bible teaches, and then ignore everything else it teaches about marriage, is not only hypocritical, it brings into question the sanity of not only you, but anyone who makes it a practice of touting “Biblical principle”, while ignoring most of what the bible actually says.

One of the leading principles lost on most of the so called “Family values” crowd, is the passage that says, “Love your neighbor, as you would love yourself”. It seems that was one of ten principles that came before all others in importance, handed to Moses by God himself, if you believe in such things.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:56am
  38. I’m disgusted by a lot of the comments here. I don’t agree with Chick-fil-a’s stance on equality, but like a few have said above: rejoicing their death and joking about it is not okay. No matter who it is, that is AWFUL. Their death is going to negatively affect a lot of people; a lot of people are going to be deeply sadden, and if they saw some of these comments, they’d likely be HURT and OFFENDED. Comments like many above (and probably below) only fuel even more hatred. Shame on all of you.

Rest in peace Don Perry, and my deepest condolences go out to their family.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 12:57am
  39. RIP & may ur family be blessed through this hard time-

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:01am
  40. and this is LGBTQ Nation news why……

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:03am
  41. “But God will smash the heads of his enemies, crushing the skulls of those who love their guilty ways.”

-Psalm 68:21

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:04am
  42. The chicken with hate combo is an absolute killer. ;)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:04am
  43. Some of you gay people really are despicable…celebrating someone’s death, stereotypical commets? SMDH…this is exactly why I ONLY care about my black gay brothers and sisters.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:04am
  44. So, I’m wondering, are any of you worried about the karma you’re going to get for being happy about this man’s death?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:04am
  45. To all you people who are ‘enjoying’ this mans death…………….westbro baptist church are looking for new members, you will all fit in well !!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:07am
  46. Timothy Jacob- saying what you just said makes you the same as Dan Cathy–

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:09am
  47. I agree – you reap what you sow! And if you have a boss as homophobic as Dan Cathy, then you should find another job! I’m just sorry it wasn’t Dan Cathy!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:10am
  48. Fried chicken. Mmh.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:11am
  49. When a gay, lesbian or trans person dies does the straight community mourn? No. When a crime happens against them does the straight community cry for justice? No. What goes around, comes around.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:11am
  50. And if you think Don Perry had nothing to do with Chick-Fil-A’s stance on gay marriage, then you’re an idiot! At the very least, he was complicit in their support of organizations who hate us. Excuse me while I shed a tear for him…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:13am
  51. This is sad. I def don’t agree with the business and am boycotting it but no one deserves death. I hope his family is well.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:15am
  52. All u can say is Karma!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:18am
  53. I wonder if half of the people who’ve commented actually read the article.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:22am
  54. Psalm 58:10 – “The righteous will be glad when they are avenged, when they bathe their feet in the blood of the wicked.”

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:23am
  55. You people are vile and SO disappointing. Isn’t our fight about TOLERANCE? So he had opinions that don’t match up with ours, he worked for a company that spits on our cause, but he was a human being. He didn’t rape women or molest children or murder his fellow man, he stood for something he believed in. How sad that anyone would even joke about feeling any joy or satisfaction in his death. Have some respect and practice what you preach. You’re hurting our cause in doing anything other than that, and I’m embarrassed that our community would act like such bratty little bitches. Be better than the enemy, or you’re as bad as the enemy.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:25am
  56. Make no mistake – our cause is hurt by people like Dan Cathy and his ilk. And I assure you, it’s no joke. I take real joy in the death of my enemies. MLK I am not, nor I will pretend to give a shit about people who could care less about me. Nay, people who wish my death! My destruction! And I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let some snot-nosed cunt tell me how I should feel about that!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:34am
  57. While I don’t condone jokes about death or wish death upon anyone, my life motto is to live your life with kindness, pride and love. And if you do that your chances will be good that when you die you will be remembered for good things and those you love will mourn your death. Unfortunately this man chose to condone hatred and intolerance, which left him open for ridicule.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:44am
  58. I’m sorry but I cannot feel bad for this asshole. The world is probally better off now that he is dead!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:49am
  59. Taking the high road is always the best policy…God bless his family.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:51am
  60. For all you people on your high horse, would you tell someone who is Jewish not to rejoice in the death of Goebbels or Hitler? How is this any different? Should we cry over the death of the Nazis, too?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:56am
  61. All these comments are disgusting; some of them are downright crude. Honestly, I want his family to be well and that I send them my condolensces.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:59am
  62. This man did not attempt genocide, John P… The comparison is a pathetic attempt to prove your disgusting argument. As someone else posted- all of you who are happy about this death have become the Westboro of the gay community. I’m not on a high horse, I’m just a sympathetic human being who recognizes that opinions vary, and I demand tolerance from the people who are denying me rights, but unfortunately, I now have to ask tolerance from the very people who claim that that tolerance is the reason we’re fighting. Don’t be like them, or you are them.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:03am
  63. This guy was actually trying to fix the mess that Dan Cathy caused Chick Fil A.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:09am
  64. Kinda ironic, the VP of a fast food restaurant dying of a heart attack.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:14am
  65. I never said I was happy, or that I even believe in the bible. I’m sorry for his family’s loss. I was simply quoting a verse from the book these men so believe in for the sake of illustrating how their book predicted this man’s demise, or so “god” would have it seem. I never said anything about happiness or sadness for this man, and I never said the quote is accurate, because in all likelihood, the entire book is a falsehood. So everyone who was busy commenting about my “taking joy in his death” and being on their high horse, get off it and get your heads out of your asses please.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:14am
  66. I find this to be terribly ironic and even suspicious. In either case, being happy about this guy’s death doesn’t get us anywhere and it’s flat-out immature to be doing a happy dance. SMH This guy was a LIFE who was just as valuable as the rest of us.

We will never run out of enemies to fight, but we can still show that enemy the respect they deny us. It is called “Being the bigger person”.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:15am
  67. @Timothy Jacob

So then why are you even here if you don’t care? White, black, all colors of LGBT people were instrumental in helping blacks achieve equality, believe it or not, and if you don’t believe in returning the favor, get the fuck out.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:16am
  68. Really Keith? So the money they gave to the churches that are preaching we should be put in concentration camps isn’t comparable? How naive and foolish you all are! I won’t waste my time on idiots! What’s disgusting and offensive is your compassion for the people who hate us!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:17am
  69. I may not like this guy, but his death is still not something I can say I’m happy it glad about. The only people I would be happy to hear are dead is every member of Westboro Baptist Church over the age of 18. Other then them, I find no one’s death happy or momentous. I’m sorry to hear about this, and though I did not support his views, I am not glad he’s dead.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:18am
  70. John- did you not resort to calling me a “snot-nosed cunt… on a high horse…”? Better that than an uneducated, hateful, hypocritical little man who can’t be bothered to do his research about the individuals who really sent money to anti-gay organizations, as opposed to the people who were just following their beliefs and doing their jobs. Educate yourself before you go on your rants, because if you take time to look at the facts and numbers, you’ll find that you ate spewing needless hate. Needless hate is the very thing we’re supposedly fighting against, but you’re just proof that “Big Gay” has indeed become the bully. Please never speak on behalf of equality again, because those of us who truly believe in equality want nothing to do with the hypocritical likes of you.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:24am
  71. Don’t come crying to me when one of their followers hunts you down and beats you to an inch of your life!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:29am
  72. Karma’s a bitch! Where’s your “God” now?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:37am
  73. Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:40am
  74. You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
    - Leo Aikman

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:44am
  75. Eat that much peanut oil, that’s what happens.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:47am
  76. You know how you feel when people justify the murder of a gay kid because they hate all homosexuals? And remember how you feel when you hear about people who recognize the horror of such situations, even though they don’t really support the “lifestyle?” It takes a big man (or woman) to take the high road, but taking that high road is the only way anyone will ever take you seriously.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:50am
  77. I’m not one to enjoy another’s death… but… he received what was deserved, unfortunately.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:51am
  78. Huffington Post. Oh how worldly and broad-minded of you. I have no time for such tiny men like you. You resort to name calling to defend your hypocrisy, and you reference blatantly one-sided articles. Get back to me in a few years, little one. In the meantime, think before you act. Wanna talk about being beaten within an inch of your life? Wanna talk about oppression and hate and pain? My story would make you cry, but you’ve already proven you can’t acknowledge anyone else and their feelings and experiences. Go to sleep, tiny baby. Go picket some funerals and tell yourself you’re the better person.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:00am
  79. Life is a series of unfortunate events and then you die. Do good while you can. Stomping on the grave of a dead man is not good.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:03am
  80. ok big man, we’ll see how good that high road works for you if they ever decide to target you!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:10am
  81. I guess they didn’t do a good enough job!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:17am
  82. I feel sorry for his family and any kids.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:21am
  83. Pay attention!! I have been a target, and I survived, and I’m still around. I know who the real enemies are, and I’m calling you out on being too ignorant and big headed to really acknowledge who you’re really fighting. Your ignorance is astounding! You will never win an argument if you don’t know what your enemies are saying. You just prove yourself to be ignorant and pathetic and ugly and uninformed and if you can’t even read a 12 line status that already pointed out that I’ve been a target, then you’ll never see an entire article about the real issues. Headlines are not the news, little man! I know what it’s like to be a target (as you so hopefully proclaim I will be again) but clearly, you’re a sheltered little sheep who can’t find his own opinion. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, then SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:22am
  84. He had a huge blow up butt plug up his fat greasy ass which exploded and did him in .

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:28am
  85. Did any of you read the article? Quite a bit of hateful stuff being said here. I fail to see how his death could be considered funny. Some of you are no better than Cathy, the real enemy here

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:30am
  86. Oh, wishing the homophobes had beaten a gay man to death. Now your true colors are coming out! Keep it coming! You’re exactly the trash that the gay community needs to prove its point! Would you celebrate my funeral too? Would you spread joy in the inhumane death of a good person who wants what’s best for his fellow man? Get explicit. Tell everyone in public how the gay-bashers didn’t finish the job. Go there, little one.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:33am
  87. Well, then I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. I’ve been there, too, but you won’t find any articles because it got swept neatly under the rug. And you and your ilk are the ones who first told the rest of us how we should feel about his death. Who the fuck are you? You have so much knowledge and understanding, but you can’t seem to share it with the rest of us. Where is this source of information of which you speak? What are the real issues? Fuck you and your high horse! FUCK YOU!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:33am
  88. Aw. I got a “fuck you!” How… quaint. Like I said- you showed your true colors in your “they didn’t beat you hard enough” comment. My horse is SO much higher than yours, because I asked you to explain yourself, and you come back with a wish that I’d been killed. Stay classy, baby sheep. Stay classy. <3

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:38am
  89. You should never wish death upon another human because of their beliefs, and that’s not quoting a book, that’s quoting my morals that stand for common decency. Who are we to praise this man’s death?

To the gentlemen who is wishing for someone to be a target simply because you have conflicting opinions- You’re an embarrassment. Don’t enjoy your rant for too long, you will be reported.

Take care, everyone.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:46am
  90. do any of you know if he was gay friendly or not? oh that’s right he did what everyone has to do and had a job so it’s his fault. how can we complain about bullying from the anti-gay groups when you people are sitting there doing the same thing. I can honestly say this is the saddest day I have seen so far for the gay community. We teach love can not be broken by hate, but what are you sitting there doing?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 3:55am
  91. A shame the man died,everyone has people who care about them and mourn their passing.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 4:27am
  92. I’m pretty sure I didn’t wish that on anyone – what I said was that we’d see how good being on high ground does him IF he became a target (again, apparently). Pay attention, Moron…oops, I mean Morin!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 4:30am
  93. Wow. I’m completely appalled by some of these comments. We are here to fight for equality of those who don’t have it. We are here for compassion, for understanding… And we stoop low enough to name calling? To awful comments about a man losing his life? I’m so disappointed.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 4:32am
  94. Dan Cathy killed him!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 4:37am
  95. can we say KARMA

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:04am
  96. Ooooo, that karma!!!!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:06am
  97. Spare me – You all have compassion and understanding for a man who was part of an organization who would see us all dead – that’s appalling and disappointing!

Keith, I NEVER wished you were beaten to death – I just said they mustn’t have beaten you enough, because I find it incredulous that they would have beaten you to an inch of your life and you still find it possible to forgive and have compassion for them. Forgive me, Jesus Christ, I didn’t realize you had returned!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:10am
  98. “God” punished him for representing a hate-filled company. :/

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:17am
  99. Also. Calm down dear, it’s just a status on Facebook…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:17am
  100. Please remember that a Public Relations VP is the poor soul caught in the middle of keeping the public pro-Chick-fil-a while the Owner/CEO/Board of Directors draws the line in the sand. He has paid the ultimate price for doing his job.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:19am
  101. One Down ___ To Go. Who’s Next

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:21am
  102. John, speaking as a soldier who has served this country for 9 years, that man and that company has the freedom to speak their beliefs. They did not go out and bring harm to anyone. From the way you speak, you act as though these people wished death and sought to bring about suffering, but such is a very ignorant view because they never even did anything to prevent anyone who was of that orientation from dining there. Everyone has the right to their beliefs, but no one has the right to force others to adhere to their personal beliefs. I think your mind is too intolerant and full of the very same hate that you say is being projected onto you. As they say, when hunting monsters be wary that you do not become one yourself. And from all of the comments I have read, you are closely becoming the very thing you hate.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:26am
  103. The man paid the ultimate price for doing his job. The poor soul`s heart couldn`t take it. God probably took him to ease his suffering in relaying to the Public a philosophy he knew was wrong. His death is a message to Chick-fil-A. Hope they understand

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:27am
  104. SMH – I must be in the twilight zone – Robert, did you read the articles about the CEO’s donations to hate groups and organizations that would see us dead? Am I the only person who remembers reading an article linking Cathy’s donations to the NC church that preached we should all be put in a concentration camp and left to die out?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:42am
  105. Hate kills

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 6:05am
  106. Stress is a bitch even for homophobes!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 6:34am
  107. Really you guys are happy some one died because they have different beliefs than you? That makes me sick.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 6:35am
  108. John does it make you feel big and bad insulting a teenage girl? You’ve been posting bullshit on this status for the past 4 hours. How about you go preach somewhere else where people give a shit about your hate-fueled words. The consensus here seems to be that this man, regardless of his personal beliefs, doesn’t deserve for his death to be praised.
    You’re over-ruled John. Go take more profile pictures of your dog, and have a nice day.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:06am
  109. I think those of us that Chick-Fil-A refuses to support need to express condolences to his family, and state this for CFA:

Set aside beliefs in religion, and pull the business out of the political arena – you’re making yourself look like a tool, and the act is getting really old.

As for those of us who are being really f*cking rude here: you’re not doing anyone any favors here. Cut the crap. You are no better than Cathy. It does no good to stoop to someone else’s level.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:08am
  110. This is in reference to the vile, hideous, despicable, buffoon CHRIS ELLIOT…NOTE: if you choose to defend wishing death on a person, stereotypical and generalizations of an African American male then you should consider placing a hoodie on and joining any white supremacy group as you are no better than them. You see charlatans like you and many others claim to want “marriage equlity” and equal rights yet you choose to wish death on a man who was GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION. His boss was ANTI-GAY…he was caught between a rock and a hard place. If you was making six fugures, bonuses, and had a company car what would you do exactly? SMDH…this is exactly why I only support minority LBGT movement as we are a PEACEFUL MOVEMENT. It’s LOONS like you and the rest of the stereotypical debacle on this page that give the rest of the good GLBT folks a bad name. We have a saying here in Texas…”if yo behind ain’t got nothing nice to say, STFU.” Thanks :)

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:38am
  111. I find it sad that people are happy a guy’s dead. He worked for a company and did his job. I don’t agree with his beliefs or his company but I don’t wish people dead. Do I want to see Chick-Fil-A go away? Hell yes! But there are ways to think and while our community fights hate we must not consume ourselves with hate. We end up looking like they do. We all our entitled to our opinion, and that’s mine.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 7:53am
  112. Support all LBGTQIA movements or nothing at all. We’re all peaceful, you don’t see any of us beating the shit out of straight people to get equality. ALSO, it is wrong to be overjoyed that this man died. While his beliefs may be in the wrong, he is a product of his environment and upbringing and his career. While I may not agree with who he worked for, who he donated to, and what he believes, I send my condolences to his family. Death is never something you should celebrate unless that death spared a person a lot of pain. And to the people yelling at each other in this posting like a couple of frat boys, shame on you both, take it into a personal forum.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 8:05am
  113. Probably from the food they served!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 8:22am
  114. wonders if the cause was eating too much of Chick-Fill-A’s food.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 8:32am
  115. It is sad that instead of responding to this in a loving, humane way, you post a link to brag about the death of this man. He’s a fucking human being and you have no idea whether he was pro-gay. The death of this man has nothing to do with the gay community and the celebration of this has caused me to lose complete respect for LGBTQ. Absolutely disgusting.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 8:40am
  116. God does not like ugly and he will wipe out in his own way negance is his not ours selah ….

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 8:54am
  117. It is a sign for them to change their ways

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 9:06am
  118. Stress kills

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 9:08am
  119. John, you do not know what he stood for. Regardless, death is never a time to be discuss such things. Ever. We know nothing about the man.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 9:13am
  120. KARMA?

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 9:31am
  121. One of Gods little hickups!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 11:46am
  122. Celebrating this man’s death does not prove a point or help in the fight for LGBT rights. All it does is give our opponents more ammunition against the LGBT community. Now they can say that LGBT people are cruel and cold-hearted people…based on a few comments? Yes. That is exactly what they can do.

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:43pm
  123. …Oh, and to add…don’t make a claim that the right to “love” is what you fight for…and then show hate towards others. You aren’t any different then the religious zealots who only really “love” people who are like them…just sayin…

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 1:47pm
  124. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 2:48pm
  125. Just because he may have been against gay marriage, doesn’t mean he deserved to die., or that it was Karma.. If you know anything about Karma, when you wish negative or bad things on others it comes back to you 10 fold. Some of you need to grow the fuck up..

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 4:07pm
  126. God bless his soul and his family in time of mourning. His death has nothing to do with who he worked for or his personal opinion. What the Lgbt community must do is let their money speak for them. Stop spending your money with organizations that discriminate against you. I love chick a file salads but I refuse to spend another dime with them. They have the right to support ant-gay initiatives and I have the right to boycott!

Posted on Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 5:27pm