Family Research Council launches fundraiser to stop ‘fake marriages’

Friday, February 24, 2012

WASHINGTON — The virulently anti-gay Family Research Center has launched an aggressive new fundraising campaign to “Stop Fake Marriages” in the U.S., because, according to the FRC, 2012 could be the “tipping point” year in the battle for marriage.

“The Left has launched the deceptive ‘Commitment Campaign’ to mislead Americans and impose affirmation of same-sex ‘marriage’ — fake marriage — on every state, county, city, school, and workplace,” the FRC claims on its website.

The campaign includes e-mail blasts, robo-calls, a video (below) and a website campaign where the FRC tells its supporters that if same-sex “marriage” is legalized, sex education classes from Kindergarten thru Grade 12 will be required to teach that same-sex relationships are “good,” and that anyone who opposes it “such as parents or pastors” are bigots.

The FRC also said that “fake marriage means Americans will loose religious freedoms.”

“Same-sex marriage at the local level has already been used to shut down Christian adoption agencies in Boston and the District of Columbia,” the FRC claimed. “If same-sex marriage is imposed nationally, church facilities, family ministries, Christian officials ‘like county clerks and justices of the peace’ and Christian-run wedding businesses and more will be pressured to compromise their views or face crushing legal consequences.”

The FRC has had a long history of demonizing the LGBTQ community, which has led to its designation by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a certified “hate group.”

The FRC has claimed that gay activists “work to normalize sex with boys,” seek to “abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the ‘prophets’ of a new sexual order,” and support anti-bullying programs solely in order to promote homosexuality.

In recent weeks, as marriage equality laws have passed in the Maryland and Washington state legialtures, coupled with judicial rulings that have declared anti-gay marriage laws in California and the federal “Defence of Marriage Act” (DOMA) as unconstitutional, the FRC has reacted by ratcheting up its extreme rhetoric.

Calls and e-mails by LGBTQ Nation to the Family Research Council for comment and further clarification on this latest effort went unanswered.

Archives: , , , , , ,

Filed under: National Headlines

1. hmmm fake marriages?? i wonder what theyre referring to

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:14pm
  2. They should quit picking on Newt like that…

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:15pm
  3. MY marriage is not fake (CA 2008). 2012 IS THE TIPPING Year. Stupid, stupid bigots!!

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:16pm
  4. oh well, we can get married and THEY can live another sin

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:17pm
  5. We need a dislike button for this. My marriage isn’t fake!

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:17pm
  6. Well I know my marriage isnt fake. These people can kiss my whole entire ass. BASTARDS! They need to mind there own damn business.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:17pm
  7. Serious. Haters. I dont hate straight ppl. Why the fuck do they even giv a damn.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:23pm
  8. WTF??? Fake Marriage??? As far as I know in this day and age homosexual marriages last longer than heterosexual marriages. Only difference is that their is no “data” to show for it since homosexuals are considered to be a new trend lol. New trend to go with our new lifestyle choice. Hey it fits, you know gay boys are all into Fashion. AND I CAN SAY THAT CZ I”M A LESBIAN!!! So there :P

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:24pm
  9. I didn’t even click that I liked it. I DISLIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell do they think they are?

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:25pm
  10. They are all just bastards trying to push us into a camp like the hitler. But you see it didnt work for him.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:29pm
  11. I find their posturing very, very sad…

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:30pm
  12. ‘Fake marriage’ my ass.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:42pm
  13. No same sex marriage isn’t fake. Being married for the “sake of the kids” or being married because divorce is wrong or even being married because it’s cheaper is considered fake in opinion. But I support marriages of all types whether they be real or fake. My opinion is marriage should be defined as an union between 2 or more consenting adults. But then again I’m evil. Not really. I’m not the devil, John Tesh is the devil just ask Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It was in season one.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:47pm
  14. sounds like we need to do a little fund raising ourselves to help us get more states on board the marriage for everyone bandwagon.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 8:59pm
  15. It must be quite fulfilling spending ones whole life dedicated to spreading poison hate and lies…I really should have better things to do than read shit like this..

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 9:01pm
  16. I’m a bi female married to a straight man. We have no children. Our marriage is fake because of that.

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 9:06pm
  17. Seriously? What kind of people put so much time and effort into trying to tear apart the private lives of others?

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 11:56pm
  18. yes, homophobic relegions will be forced to do things they don’t beliveve in just like when african americans finally got rights! It is no different then it was then… and there will always be people who have to change thier ways of thinking so that all people can have equal rights! As for children being taught that thier parents or pastures are bigots…. THAY ARE!

Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 8:20am
  19. so, which marriages are fake-those between members of the same sex or the heterosexual marriages that last hours or days? so much for the sanctity of marriage.

Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 8:32am