Incoming NOM Chairman calls marriage equality advocates ‘evil’

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ORANGE, Calif. — The new Chairman of the anti-gay National Organization for Marriage has some thoughts on marriage equality advocates: “Evil will always be with us.”

John Eastman

John Eastman, former dean of the Orange County, Calif.-based Chapman University Law School, spoke with the National Catholic Register‘s Tim Drake about his recent appointment to replace former NOM chair Maggie Gallagher, and his thoughts on running NOM and its goals.

“There are several fronts. There’s the judicial front, where courts are trying to force a change in fundamental public policy. NOM is assisting in the efforts to defend traditional marriage. Where the courts have succeeded, NOM is involved, trying to overturn those decisions. Those are the legal and political fronts. A third front is that, increasingly, the effort to redefine marriage is running into direct head-on conflict with religious rights and freedom of conscience.”

[...]

“Evil will be with us always, and it requires constant vigilance to defeat. I look at it as a litigator and an educator. There will always be threats to institutions grounded in human nature by those who think human nature doesn’t define limits. We need to be involved in the immediate defense of threats against marriage, but also take a long-range view by educating the next generation about the importance of the issues we’re confronting.”

Blogger Jeremy Hooper at Good As You notes that Eastman “is also on record calling gay-straight alliances ‘incubators of moral relativism,’ referring to homosexuality as modern day ‘barbarism,’ pushing extremist Scott Lively’s ‘ex-gay’ advocacy as a ‘common-sense suggestion,’ and lashing out against the ‘currently fashionable view that homosexual conduct is just another legitimate lifestyle choice.’”

Archives: , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. my gaydar’s going off ! he’s totally gay !!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:24pm
  2. fuck that dude.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:25pm
  3. He’s a VILLAIN. An insane beast.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:25pm
  4. And this moron IS right, Evil will always be with us. Evil people like him.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:26pm
  5. Well, at least he’s honest about the fact that they actually are evil. (:

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:26pm
  6. Fuck u buddy, ill turn ur wife out :)

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:26pm
  7. He needs to be fucked haha.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:26pm
  8. yeah he looks a little gay for sure but one thing i can say at this point, he’s right, their evil might always be with us lol oooooooolah I don’t think that he gets that he’s looking in the mirror when he says this stupid ignorant crap. It’s amazing to me that these people use the name of Christ to spread their hate when Y’shua never did such crazy crap as these people do.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:27pm
  9. BLAH. BLAH. BLAH!! BLAH!! I believe that an asshole has insecured because maybe he is jealous of gay guys. Bye, Evil. HELLO!! OPEN YOUR HEART, BASTARD PLEASE!!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:32pm
  10. Can you suck my Dick?? Don’t mind, Mr. Asshole??

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:34pm
  11. smug little bastard, isn’t he?

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:35pm
  12. Jesus loves me this i know, for the bible tells me so, and when he saves the good , you will be missed cause , homophobes get him pissed lol!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:37pm
  13. I wouldn’t want him around any 12 year olds.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:40pm
  14. walking talking rectum!! poster child for Prep.H

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:43pm
  15. Yeah, not to be mean but, he looks like Gollum. Talk about evil.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:49pm
  16. Oh yea, cause NOM r just a bunch of saints! Why not just wear a white robe with a hood and say ure not racist??

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:49pm
  17. and ass holes will alway be in office

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:49pm
  18. Ever notice these old closet cases are always the ones fighting against our 1st, 9th, and 14th Amendment rights? What is evil is denying a tax paying citizen the exact same rights as other white, straight, religious nuts.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 9:59pm
  19. Seriously I think its interesting how these right wing nut jobs think for a second they are going to stop us LGBT from defending are right to commit to are Lifepartner,Husband or Wife seriously as long as I pay taxes in this country well as a gay man I will never stop fighting or speaking my mind to these right wing nuts on my rights or any other LGBT RIGHTS so fuck him!!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:20pm
  20. Why are we continuing to give NOM the media attention they are craving.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:29pm
  21. we must stop giving NOM the media attention they are fighting for

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:31pm
  22. Seperation of church and state, get with it, and let god judge, stay out of it Mr. Holy man you are not god, that is what I would tell this nut job!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:33pm
  23. Evil will always be with us?! That’s the best he can do?!

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:54pm
  24. how interesting I’m looking at the face of evil that’s you John Eastman. evil backwards is live and I want to live my life happy not by religious nuts that are judging me. And to judge is a sin I’ll see you John Eastman in hell if I’m wrong.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 11:18pm
  25. Mr. Eastman, i’ve known evil in my days and you’re just a pathetic wanna be. Not that we’re gonna give you a chance to prove it.

Posted on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 11:32pm
  26. Corporations and Congress have declared WAR on America’s Public Schools ~ Please sign, share, Tweet for the future of our kids to stop further Re-Segregation by race, class, ability, language, sexual orientation, religion through SELECTION process unregulated in Charter Schools … http://signon.org/sign/senators-vote-no-on-hr TIA

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 12:02am
  27. Go easy on him, must be a burden to be self-loathing PLUS be prone to sudden tragic events.

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 12:43am
  28. I see red in his eyes…SCARY!!!!…pee in my pants

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 1:09am
  29. He sees the evil every time he looks in the mirror.

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 1:22am
  30. yep and I’m looking right at his face now

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 1:39am
  31. yawwwn. They replaced one bigot with another one. Is this news?

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 4:17am
  32. No mr eastman; evil will always be with you! Thanks for the heads up though!!

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 6:09am
  33. Amy Terrizzi: it IS news, just not big nor shocking news.
    Its also not shocking as to the reactions (unoriginal name calling, repeating the same thing over and over again as if no one can read any of the other posts, calls for/against religion, yadda yadda yadda, self ego pandering so it can be said, “I took part!”).

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 6:11am
  34. It must be horrible to live in such fear of other peoples sexuality that you have to demonize them as evil. A sure sign of his own sexual insecurity and lack of intelligence.

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 6:54am
  35. Evil IS with us, and its name is NOM. Redefining marriage is in conflict with religious rights? Your religions have no rights in politics.

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 6:55am
  36. And, unfortunately for us homosexuals, idiots will always be with us. D:

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 9:55am
  37. Evil? The NOM is behaving like a desperate loser. They’re speaking directly to Xtianists.

Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2011 at 2:48pm