Sally Kern to the defense of Ruben Diaz: ‘homosexuals mean for evil toward you’

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sally Kern

Sally Kern, an Oklahoma state legislator known for her outspoken stance against homosexuality, has come to the defense of New York state Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr. (D-Bronx), a Pentecostal minister and the lone Democrat to vote against marriage equality.

On Monday, Diaz said he wears “a badge of honor” and proudly touted the outpouring of support he has received from the Christian community for his ‘nay” vote on gay marriage, including this message from Kern:

“Sen. Diaz, you are in my prayers. Three years ago I was the target of the homosexuals because of statements I made regarding the dangers of the homosexual agenda. So I know what you are going through.

Continue to stand strong on God’s Word. What the homosexuals mean for evil toward you, God will use for His glory, your good, and the benefit of others. God bless you and your family.”

Kern, you might remember, made national headlines in March 2008 when she stated:

“I honestly think it’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam — which I think is a big threat, okay? Cause what’s happening now is they are going after, in schools, two-year olds… And this stuff is deadly, and it’s spreading, and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation.”

In June 2009, Kern authored a “morality proclamation” blaming gay marriage and President Barack Obama’s acknowledgment of LGBT Pride month for the nation’s “economic crisis.”

Archives: , , , , , ,

Filed under: Newsmakers

1. Dear Sally Kern: Shut up. Thanks. Love, Andrew.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:01pm
  2. Fuck em both.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:05pm
  3. separation of church and state…such a simple concept, yet made so hard by ignorant bigots!!

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:06pm
  4. …what a moron

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:07pm
  5. Hahaha yay, I’m evil! :)

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:08pm
  6. These people are just so narrow minded. There so-called morals were tattooed to their brains at childhood. America is the land of the free but a home to some asses like these injustice conservatives. =/ I say this Respectively. =) …

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:09pm
  7. Duh! :-D

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:09pm
  8. all I have to say is LMAO. her last point truly made me laugh, so all we have to do according to ms. Kern is to tell Obama to ignore the gays to fix our economic crisis? Good job genius.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:09pm
  9. LMFAO!! Are they serious?? This is as idiotic as when they tried to find a way that homosexuality was contagious….

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:09pm
  10. There is something so evil looking about her. I looked into her eyes and now my soul feels empty. Heebie Jeebies from Cruella! Show some gay agenda love at Beauty by Shana and Tiny Tillia by Shana :-)

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:13pm
  11. I thought the ugly ones were supposed to be the smart ones.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:14pm
  12. “Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it’s the death knell of this country.”

Ancient Rome and Greece, two of the longest lasting and most innovative societies, say hi.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:16pm
  13. I forgot to add I am “sending evil her way” right now!!

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:17pm
  14. look at her… she’s got the crazy eyes… bitch is a wack job

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:23pm
  15. I won’t be inviting Sally and Ruben to my incredibly fabulous wedding reception. Did I tell you there will be an open bar? I don’t care how desperate those two are for a free drink. I’m printing their pics right now to give to security so they can make sure they don’t sneak in. It’s often people like them that think they’re good Christians, but really just hate spewers cuz they never get invited to the gay wedding receptions with the open bars.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:30pm
  16. You know Sally, homesexuality being evil my ass just get a life be nice to homosexual as a bisexual man I fight for my right.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:31pm
  17. Moron.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:33pm
  18. When they try to discredit us, they discredit themselves!

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:44pm
  19. You should have mentioned that Kern is the same person who spoke out for an amendment to the Oklahoma constitution that would have outlawed affirmative action in ways that got her a public reprimand from her colleagues. On April 27, 2011, she claimed that black people (and presumably other people of color, though she apparently never stated them, probably because they don’t carry quite the same racist punch) just want the government to take care of them, so they don’t work or study hard in the first place. She also claimed that women don’t really want to work—or at least to work as hard as their male counterparts. (Naturally she failed to mention that women continue to get less pay for doing the same job as well as or better than men.)

I think it’s useful to talk about the ways in which prejudice against us is often combined with prejudice against other communities. It all fits into the strategy of using minorities as scapegoats for all of society’s ills, dividing and conquering, etc. We must try to think of ourselves as being in solidarity with all of the other social justice movements.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:51pm
  20. You should not be allowed to be in a public office if you cannot string together a grammatically correct sentence. “They mean for evil toward you”??? Someone didn’t go to English class.

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2011 at 11:58pm
  21. Let us hope for the best

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:03am
  22. I’m still not sure what the “homosexual agenda” is. Did I miss the big gay meeting or something, when we all got together and came up with this “agenda”?

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:04am
  23. I just had to go reread my post for grammatical correctness. It’s mostly okay and nothing like the the crap you just pointed out. Yes, who are these people that think they should be in the public offices and worse yet, who are the people who vote for them. Fortunately, I run with a less grammatically challenged crowd that gets invited to all the best parties that mostly have open bars too!

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:04am
  24. EEEEEEEVIL! Muahahahaha!

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:21am
  25. oh fucking hell lol

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:24am
  26. OMG!! Seriously????????

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 12:25am
  27. WOOOOOOOOOW IGNORANT SOB’S! LOVE IS LOVE NO MATTER WHO YOU LOVE AND BEING GAY IS NOT THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD! LET US LIVE OUR LIVES FREE AND YOU LIVE YOUR!

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:13am
  28. She’s angry because no one of either sex would touch her with a ten foot pole :)

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 1:28am
  29. YIKES!!! looks like one of Manson’s followers got loose again! Check out that blank piercing “screw loose” gaze of hers. definitely a Lizzy Borden remake. hey wait, the GOP could always use another pro “non” racist presidential candidate. Right???

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 3:59am
  30. when are these people going to realize that you can’t control who you love. it’s love, it’s an unexplainable mystery. why can’t they just accept that? we are all different. what would this world be if we were all the same?

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 at 9:10am
  31. This latest interview, one that SHE requested with a liberal host, clearly shows how sex negative and ill-adjusted she is with modern life. She wants a perfect society supposedly based on her version of biblical “truth”. This is a selective view of her own invention.

When she’s unhappy with something she wants it put away out of sight.

If her idea of a perfect theocratic society were put into play, she wouldn’t be in public life–she would be doing housework and having as many serial babies as possible.

But we know there’s nothing rational about Sally Kern.

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 4:18am
  32. She’s a magical meme: You could caption the craziest shit on her picture and she’ll actually say it one day.

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 2:25pm
  33. Those two are bad-shit crazy…..

Posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 7:39pm
  34. Wahahaaa Im half evil yassssss (6)

Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2011 at 8:45pm