Transgender woman found dead, naked in ransacked New York apartment

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gonzalez-Andujar

A transgender woman was found dead in her ransacked New York apartment on Tuesday, her naked body sprawled across the bed, the Daily News reports.

Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar, 29, had not been heard from since Friday.

“We found her on her bed. She was naked,” said Barbara Vega, 35, of Bushwick, Brooklyn. “Everything in the apartment was destroyed. All her Marilyn Monroe pictures were destroyed.”

According to police reports, Gonzalez-Andujar had been stabbed several times, including in the neck and chest.

Vega said she had tried in vain to reach her friend since spending time with her on Friday.

“She never had any problems with anybody. She was full of life,” she said. “We need to know who did this to her.”

Archives: , , ,

Filed under: New York

1. What is wrong with people?! That is just TERRIBLE! Sometimes people make me sick!

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 11:55am
  2. Wow! That is so sad…whoever did this was definitely full of rage. My heart goes out to the family and friends of Amanda.

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 12:16pm
  3. Oh my gosh. WHAT IS THIS SOCIETY GOING TO?! SOMETHING MUST BE DONE! My heart and soul goes out to friends and family of Amanda.

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 1:03pm
  4. How many more of us have to died before we change the laws in this country to protect us? I will turn my outrage to get more involved in activism. We will GET EQUAL!

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 2:11pm
  5. The sad thing is we’ve come SO far already. It wasn’t that long ago that Amanda wouldn’t have even made the news. Or if she had the reports would have used male pronouns while talking about her. It tears me apart to think that as far as we’ve come, we aren’t even close to where we need to be as a society/culture. How many other countries have laws forbidding people to love one another? And yet we, America, Land of the not-so-free, have taken it upon ourselves to say that you and I cannot love each other, cannot build a family together, cannot experience the harmony of spouse-hood (notice I said harmony… the sanctity of marriage was lost long ago). And why are these pieces of life taken form us? Because we aren’t what heterosexuals consider to be “normal”, hell as sad as it is… the GLB community has shunned Transgendered people as much as the straight community has shunned us!!! What is WRONG with this picture folks?!?!

I’m sorry, Mr Right-Wing, that the love of my life is female. I’m sorry that my dick is too small (though I’m sure its bigger than yours). I’m sorry that my child will have two mommies (and perhaps two daddies too). But really, I’m sorry that the life you’ve lived has left you completely and utterly blind to the picture of true, untainted, beautiful love. How many others will end up in the morgue before society starts to realize these are HUMAN lives that are being taken? And would it change their viewpoints if the victim was a straight person who had been mistaken for a GLBT person. Would that bring up the rage and passion that we as a minority community feel everyday?

Maybe we should all go buy bigger dicks.

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 4:11pm
  6. I cry for her and her loved ones, and for the country whose mass media will overlook this.

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 4:41pm
  7. I pray for her family and hope that the monster that did this will be found.

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 at 7:50pm
  8. What i dont get is what’s the big deal? so what if a man put on a bra and a wig and acts like a female? so what if a woman puts on boxers and baggy pants and cut her hair really short? who are they harming. people come to this country everyday for freedom. How are we the land of the free if the glbt people dont have freedom of their own. as far as im concerned, I’m never going to stop supporting gay rights. I know it is a natural human right and if we are supposed to have our human rights legally protected, what about the humans that are gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender. we shouldnt give up, it may take years, maybe even decades but as long as we keep our stand firm, im certain we will get the justice we deserve and the protection we deserve

Posted on Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 3:25pm